PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Z28 SD tune, 2bar HELP

Ryan Stout
08-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Alright guys, nobody will do me a mail-order 2bar tune, even though I make it known I just want something to base myself off of and don't expect it to be perfect or even really close. Well I have Tunercats and might try it myself (carefully). Anybody have a tune I can borrow or give me some pointers?

Also, I have a '95 harness and a '95 ECU but I also have a '96 ECU laying here. Could I put the '95 tune in the '96 so I have a spare ECU? Would there be any benefit to running the '96 ECU?

I have a '95 Z28, MP76, 7-8psi, 48lb injectors.

Thanks

BLOWNDFIZ
08-07-2009, 08:33 AM
I think you'd be happier not going the SD 2 bar route just yet. From what I've read not too many have had good luck scaling the factory PCM and getting good driveability. At your current boost I'm sure one of the mail order guys can get you a good tune for your set-up.

Oh and sorry I know that did nothing to answer your question...

Ryan Stout
08-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Haha, its cool, I might just go MAF til I go heads/cam anyways. I've been to Brownsburg a few times, nice down there.

Fire67
08-10-2009, 09:58 AM
The problem with the 2bar setup is the loss of resolution in the tables. You lose half the resolution going 2bar, even worse with 3bar setups.

If its a race only car that really only needs to idle and go WOT, you wont notice anything from the loss of resolution. A driveable street car is an entirely different story though.

I have some documentation from doing it with my car a few years ago. If your interested, I can email you the files. Just pm me

Ryan Stout
08-12-2009, 09:52 AM
How much power can a MAF support? I just heard that SD handles bigger power better. If I can go MAF and see the same power levels and pretty much same drivability, I'll just go that way.

Fire67
08-12-2009, 11:07 AM
With the SD setup, you'd have a hard time with the tuning due to the loss of table resolution. With a MAF setup (blow-through), the meter is going to max out at some point. But you still have the PE table to handle fueling with. And no loss of resolution. Unfortunately, a turbo's boost curve is not as predictable as a blower so tuning is slightly more difficult.

Best bet for BIG power, go standalone SD so that you have all the table resolution you need. And you wont be handicapped by the MAF meter anymore.

popo8
08-12-2009, 12:23 PM
All this talk is why I pay someone else to tune my car.... sorry.