PDA

View Full Version : idle issues, madz28 confused as hell...ldkfjalskdfj

lt1noob
07-15-2009, 10:56 AM
so ive still been having problems with my car, but i got my new tune in the other day and we got it started. i wasnt there to witness it but i was told it ran, but the idle kept jumping around and it was throwing 8 different codes, one of the being a code 51 which is a pcm/ecm problem. i emailed ion to see what he said because im just lost as of what to do now...i dont know if this was a simple error on his part because im 99.9% sure i didnt fill out anything wrong on the tuning sheet...i just dont know where to go from here...

Nasty93
07-15-2009, 11:22 AM
so ive still been having problems with my car, but i got my new tune in the other day and we got it started. i wasnt there to witness it but i was told it ran, but the idle kept jumping around and it was throwing 8 different codes, one of the being a code 51 which is a pcm/ecm problem. i emailed ion to see what he said because im just lost as of what to do now...i dont know if this was a simple error on his part because im 99.9% sure i didnt fill out anything wrong on the tuning sheet...i just dont know where to go from here...

Did you speak to ion at madz28? hes a great guy! bent over backwards for me multiple times on my car and has done two tunes for me. talk to him about it. ill see if i can find his cell number.

lt1noob
07-15-2009, 12:16 PM
yeah i got the same response on ls1tech, i emailed him but i think ill give him a call later today if i can get his number. thats why i chose him for my tune though because of the customer support people get if they need it. my friends at the shop said a experienced tuner can get around the code 51 though so im wondering if thats all i would really need. ill have to see what other codes it was throwing for myself.

ksmyss
07-15-2009, 01:55 PM
might be the idle air control deal on the side of the tb. mine was acting up so i got a brnad new one and it was bad. swapped out to a buddies that was 5 years old and the car ran, drove and idled perfectly.

Nasty93
07-15-2009, 02:22 PM
might be the idle air control deal on the side of the tb. mine was acting up so i got a brnad new one and it was bad. swapped out to a buddies that was 5 years old and the car ran, drove and idled perfectly.

Good Point! i had mine do the exact same thing, its cheap and worth a shot!

Fastbird
07-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Could be a file burn problem. Stranger things have happened.

lt1noob
08-07-2009, 12:17 AM
its all taken care of, ion is the man, but the car wont idle now but runs fine so im wondering if the iac is acting up. itll run but we have to keep the rpms over 1k or it stalls out and dies.

popo8
08-07-2009, 12:21 AM
turn the idle up manually.... i just used a wheel and cut a small grove in the forward side of the throttle screw, and turned mine with a flat head screw driver.... maybe not the most high tech way, but it worked when my idle kept dropin and staln.

lt1noob
08-07-2009, 01:57 PM
we figured out it may be the air pump, when i !AIR i only blocked off the hole on the cai, is there something else that needs to be capped or blocked off that could be causing a rediculous vacuum leak?

Fastbird
08-07-2009, 03:33 PM
we figured out it may be the air pump, when i !AIR i only blocked off the hole on the cai, is there something else that needs to be capped or blocked off that could be causing a rediculous vacuum leak?

IIRC that air pump has a tube that runs to the back of the intake manifold as part of the Secondary AIR Injection. Did you cap off the back of the manifold or the hose heading that way from the air pump?

popo8
08-07-2009, 08:50 PM
ok, keep us posted.

lt1noob
08-10-2009, 12:05 AM
nope, only thing i capped off was the hole in my cold air intake with a vacuum cap, theres something with the egr left apparently too that i need to remove and cap something off on the manifold. i used all the blockoff plates but theres some little selenoid thing left with 2 small hoses on it. ill finish blocking everything off and see what happens. if not im assuming its either the iac, or tps?