PDA

View Full Version : 3bar sd tune

LT1_Fireman
02-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Has anybody been able to get a speed density 3 bar tune to work on the factory pcm?

Fire67
02-16-2009, 11:48 PM
There were a few people over on cz28 that were doing it. Supposedly with some decent level of success. But I think they were only doing 2bar.

The 2bar setup basically cuts your table resolution in half, 3bar would be far worse. I imagine that if the resolution available with a 2bar map is borderline acceptable, 3bar would be far over the limit.

Grr
02-17-2009, 12:29 AM
Exactly correct, i run the 2bar and the 3 bar leaves so little resolution that the idle/driveability suffers big time. From what i have messed with, the 2-bar + some RPM enrichment seems to work very well on Centri blown cars like mine over 15psi. For turbod cars i would just go with a 2-bar + a nice meth kit with a huge ramp up over 15psi, if you get a gasoline compatiple pump you could just spray E85 (ive done this and it works simply awesome) kicking on at 13psi with a fast ramp, and its very cheap

Z28pr0jekt
02-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Yea you really don't wanna do the 3bar for the resolution reasons stated above, I had a long discussion with Alvin from PCMforless about doing this and we decided that I'm going to stick with a 2bar tune and just have to do tweaking with the PE tables when it comes to going to 17psi

LT1_Fireman
02-17-2009, 04:09 PM
I did a 2 bar sd tune on my old setup with great results I even got a 2.5bar to work well. My new setup is going to need more though and I just wasn't having luck with the 3bar tune.Oh wel,l I guess fast xfi will be my best bet.Unless ya'll know of a better one?

Z28pr0jekt
02-17-2009, 04:19 PM
I did a 2 bar sd tune on my old setup with great results I even got a 2.5bar to work well. My new setup is going to need more though and I just wasn't having luck with the 3bar tune.Oh wel,l I guess fast xfi will be my best bet.Unless ya'll know of a better one?

Either the fast, or save yourself about 5-700$ and look into eficonnection's LS1 pcm swap as the ls1 pcm can handle 3 bar tunes easy

twcblackhand6970
02-19-2009, 01:50 PM
does that conversion work well? I saw it when I had to get a new MAF and O2 pigtail. And what's the total cost of parts about ?

Z28pr0jekt
02-19-2009, 01:54 PM
does that conversion work well? I saw it when I had to get a new MAF and O2 pigtail. And what's the total cost of parts about ?

I haven't seen a car moving with it yet but they have vids of one guy with the engine on a stand with it running very well with the setup... I've been paying attention to it and it seems to be going well..

BUT total cost of parts is looking like $1500 if you get the pcm and coils through them.

for $700 more you can have the FAST system which has logging and wideband inputs.

DTS300Z on here is in the process of doing a reluctor wheel setup on his LT1 using the megasquirt 2. When he gets that whole setup running well I may switch to that which will be MUCH more cost efficient

Fire67
02-19-2009, 04:44 PM
...for $700 more you can have the FAST system which has logging and wideband inputs.

Money well spent IMHO.

On a side note about the reluctor wheel setups... If you were to get the wheel, you could then run aftermarket management and coil per cylinder. You'd just have to buy your Standalone setup for an LS1. Not sure what all the different LSx systems cost, but to do it with XFI you'd need their XIM module and harness. Which is EXPENSIVE!

formulafireman93
03-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Money well spent IMHO.

On a side note about the reluctor wheel setups... If you were to get the wheel, you could then run aftermarket management and coil per cylinder. You'd just have to buy your Standalone setup for an LS1. Not sure what all the different LSx systems cost, but to do it with XFI you'd need their XIM module and harness. Which is EXPENSIVE!
So you have the xfi setup for lt1 how much did it cost how well does it work and what all does it comprise of? In talking about the reluctor wheels i have a msd flying magnet (i believe its called) setup i was gonna use on another project that i sold it would be nice to use on my 383 lt project