PDA

View Full Version : 6 speed in process

95ltx
03-11-2015, 07:54 AM
hey guys,

Im new here and i know this swap has been done many times with great results. But i have a 95 impala ss that i have been working on the last past month. Im doing the t56 swap and its been a fun project as i get a few hours a week of play time with. Besides the f2b kit and bowtie overdrive x member, all work is being done by me. First american car ever! And why not start with a chevy(an impala if that).. center console i used is from a 96 impala ss. took pretty long to make and still have to finish but just reupholstering and spraying it with sem medium grey to make it look oem(hopefully). tunercat will be used in this swap also. I will be doing my steering wheel and column plastics as well. i have pretty much everything besides clutch fork and shifter.

But here we go with the pics... sorry for shitty and mismatch shots.. will take more once i go under the car. thanks and i hope i can learn more and get tips from fellow members..

6 speed impy
03-13-2015, 08:37 AM
Nice Job, you will love it :D

Mike

popo8
03-13-2015, 04:07 PM
Wow... welcome and nice documentation so far. Keep the pics progress comming.

95ltx
03-15-2015, 02:50 PM
Thank you, i apreciate it.. i did more to the interior this weekend, but nothing too crazy. Center console 75% done, sem'd the airbag and steering wheel..

95ImpySS
03-17-2015, 09:02 PM
Looking good. Have you taken the car for a ride yet? Curious as to how it's feels to you. Loving the center console. I need to find a set of 40/40 seats and install one.

Curious. What transmission Cross member did you use?

95ltx
03-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Thanks, Still havnt put the tranny in, and the crossmember is from bowtie overdrives.

Looking good. Have you taken the car for a ride yet? Curious as to how it's feels to you. Loving the center console. I need to find a set of 40/40 seats and install one.

Curious. What transmission Cross member did you use?

Catmaigne
03-20-2015, 11:30 AM
The T56 makes these cars a blast to drive. Definitely the best mod you can do to a b-body.

95ltx
04-03-2015, 07:44 PM
Had time to do a little more work.. this time cutting the column shifter bracket out and painting the column.. also pulled the driveshaft and crossmember out

MrAngry
04-19-2015, 03:55 PM
Man, have you got GREAT timing!! I was just offered a great deal on a '95 Imp SS roller. Car is in amazing shape. The guy had it for a few weeks, and decided he was going to build some massive TT big block for it, got half way done, and ran out of money. Car is complete minus motor and trans.

I'm in the process of turning my Formula into a nasty drag car, so the plan is to yank out the 355 LT1 and t56, rebuild the T56, and swap it all over to the Impala is a hot cruiser/driver. The Formula is getting the LS1 coil swap, and a built 4l80 to hold the turbo. So, I'll have literally the entire setup, plus a few choices in rear gears for the Imp.

You sir, have saved me a bunch of time searching.