PDA

View Full Version : POPO.......

Cyanydem28
11-14-2008, 02:04 AM
So ive had a about a hand full of run ins with the police. Been to jail a couple times, all that bull..... But today, my buddy and I got pulled over for my camaro not having a front lisence plate. Then we got searched, interrogated, and all that cuz were both on probation.... Long story short, is it illegal to not have a front lisence plate? Also , is it illegal to have ur side windows tinted lightly? Maybe the cops were trying to get all over our case about somthing since they couldnt pin anything else on us but i wasnt aware of those "laws"...

slowdime
11-14-2008, 02:40 AM
So ive had a about a hand full of run ins with the police. Been to jail a couple times, all that bull..... But today, my buddy and I got pulled over for my camaro not having a front lisence plate. Then we got searched, interrogated, and all that cuz were both on probation.... Long story short, is it illegal to not have a front lisence plate? Also , is it illegal to have ur side windows tinted lightly? Maybe the cops were trying to get all over our case about somthing since they couldnt pin anything else on us but i wasnt aware of those "laws"...

Those laws both vary from state to state.

Back home i got pulled all the time in the s10 because it was lowered had big shiny wheels and dark tint. In FL the law is 20% min on front sides and as dark as you want any window behind the driver, also if its done at a tint shop and they give you a reciept it is legal. Keeping that reciept in the truck got me off quite a few tint tickets, but I got searched alot.

96LT1355Z28
11-14-2008, 05:47 AM
In Missouri you must have a front plate and driver and passenger windows can be no darker than 35%. If your state issues two plates then they should both be on the car. Lets face it we all like to have "fun" when driving and it's not that hard for the Police to find a reason to stop almost every car on the road. Don't make it easy for em to stop you! As for your situation I wasn't there so I don't have the whole story, not that you left anything out but there's always two sides. From what you stated that sucks, just because your on probation doesn't mean your a repeat offender! It's been my experiance that when you get pulled over, the cops attitude is a direct reflection of yours. Did you get any tickets or just an enlightening conversation on the side of the road?!

96lt1m6
11-14-2008, 09:43 AM
If that car is registered to you the officer most likely already ran your scope.. He knew who he was dealing with someone that has had run-ins with the law! Precautionary measures are excercised at this time!
Generally, you will get checked out ESPECIALLY if both occupants are on paper(probation or parole)often times that can cause your probation to be revoked! I hope you informed your PO that you were pulled over and detained.....
Equipment violations are different across the country,most states issue 2 liscence plates. some states frown heavily on window tint on side windows etc..

Camaro_94
11-14-2008, 10:59 AM
In NY, you have to have a front license plate, and you can have your side windows tinted, but I forgot what percentage though. I have a front license plate on my Formula, and no tint, so I dont have to worry about anything, but its a very easy way for a police officer to justify pulling you over. They usually wont skrew with anyone here for not having a front license plate unless you were:
1) speeding
2) Driving irratically
3) Look suspicious

- Mike

BLK95TA
11-14-2008, 11:42 AM

if your in a state where its required it is, if you have a car in another state that doesnt require it the cops might try to use that as an excuse to pull you over... i got pulled over in FL a few years ago in a 5mph traffic jam and i was like "what did i do?" and the cop said i had no front plate... i gave him a :wtf: look because florida doesnt require front plates and neither did indana which is what plate was on the car. the cop tried to tell me his records showed i needed one and i was like "your records are wrong, indiana issues a front plate only" then as he was letting me go he told me to get my plates changed (i had just moved to FL and got my license that day ironically, i had been there a month or so) but then says "i pull over all out of state cars just to check"

Z28pr0jekt
11-14-2008, 12:01 PM
if your in a state where its required it is, if you have a car in another state that doesnt require it the cops might try to use that as an excuse to pull you over... i got pulled over in FL a few years ago in a 5mph traffic jam and i was like "what did i do?" and the cop said i had no front plate... i gave him a :wtf: look because florida doesnt require front plates and neither did indana which is what plate was on the car. the cop tried to tell me his records showed i needed one and i was like "your records are wrong, indiana issues a front plate only" then as he was letting me go he told me to get my plates changed (i had just moved to FL and got my license that day ironically, i had been there a month or so) but then says "i pull over all out of state cars just to check"

yea my car is registered in ny (where it is required) but the majority of the time I am in florida (where it isn't) and take my front plate off. I've never been pulled over for it down here but I did back in NY (3 times actually lol)

I got 2 warnings back home (this was 3-4 years ago when I first got the car and it was a cali car so it had no license plate bracket) and I had the plate up in the front window. The third cop was finally a dick and gave me a 50 or 75$ ticket for it so I just took the plate, bent it to the contour of the front bumper and used self tapping screws and told him there now i have a front plate :-D lol

Cyanydem28
11-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Did you get any tickets or just an enlightening conversation on the side of the road?!

Just an enlightening convo from the back of the squad car, no ticket, she said she "liked me". Theres alot more to it but thats the outcome of the story.

Cyanydem28
11-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Keeping that reciept in the truck got me off quite a few tint tickets, but I got searched alot.

Ya good idea. Im also goin to keep the state law window tint quote in my car because i just checked and your allowed to have 70% or 30% tint, whatever way u wanna look at it, and ya i getsearched every time. She took my shoes off this time, ive never had that done ex for when your getting assigned to a cell or getting booked. It was rediculous.

Cyanydem28
11-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Note: I know you guys think the cops try to pull you over for anythng but in my town, its a little out of control. They had 4 squad cars behind my camaro, and the police chopper , ya... no joke, it was there because it was just flying around making routine runs but still. Out of control.

96LT1355Z28
11-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Note: I know you guys think the cops try to pull you over for anythng but in my town, its a little out of control. They had 4 squad cars behind my camaro, and the police chopper , ya... no joke, it was there because it was just flying around making routine runs but still. Out of control.

Holy $&!t, either it was a very slow night for them, or your some kinda black ninja badass!:hail:

Cyanydem28
11-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Holy $&!t, either it was a very slow night for them, or your some kinda black ninja badass!:hail:

lol it was 4 in the afternoon and its always slow in my neck of the woods. They like my buddies and I alot tho so all the cops just wanted to come and say wats up, search my car, u kno that kinda shit.......

bricez28
11-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Keep in mind most plates are run before your pulled over, so he figured you'd be an easy target. my car is not legal at all in NY with no cats, no real muffler, tints, no front plate, all that but i dont get hassled i guess cause of my record.

KissMyWhtSS
11-14-2008, 05:53 PM
It depends on the state. It is your responsibility to know your states laws and abide by them, so if you get pulled over for running dark tint I don't feel sorry for that.

That being said in Kansas we aren't required to have front plates, and we can have 35% on the front and 20% on the rear IIRC.

Oddly enough, the only Camaro (I've had 4) that I was NEVER pulled over in was the one that stood out the most. (Red Z28, dark tint (17% on rear&sides), loud exhaust) However in all of my other camaros I've been pulled over for bullshit things (headlight went out, no tail light, no brake light, no license plate light, etc.

Cyanydem28
11-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Oddly enough, the only Camaro (I've had 4) that I was NEVER pulled over in was the one that stood out the most. (Red Z28, dark tint (17% on rear&sides), loud exhaust) However in all of my other camaros I've been pulled over for bullshit things (headlight went out, no tail light, no brake light, no license plate light, etc.

Well those reasons seem pretty understandable for why some one would get pulled over.. but it is legal to have 30% tint on the side windows. Cops told me different, i duno who to believe

slowdime
11-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Well those reasons seem pretty understandable for why some one would get pulled over.. but it is legal to have 30% tint on the side windows. Cops told me different, i duno who to believe

All you can do at that point is look up the laws, or go to your local tint shop. I know most of the shops back home are on top of that shit real well, because if they do an illegal job and someone says it came from them the law will give them crap. Almost all of em usually have a nifty little chart/ map of the US and whats legal where as well.

IronOutlaw
11-16-2008, 01:03 AM
a couple months ago I was pulled over and searched. Me and a couple buddies were going to Walmart at around midnight after a UGA football game and the cops were hot as hell. We pulled into walmart and was laughing at these two guys that were being searched at the entrance. The cops had them bent over the hood and checking their pocket and inside their truck.

Then we pull out and one gets behind me and lights them up. Then another car pulled up, both cars had 2 cops in them. Said he pulled me over for no tag light and then told me he needed to search the car. We get out and then were bent over the hood as they checked our pockets and made fun of my shoes for being worn out. Then i had to go behind the car and take a sobriety test, which is actually very hard even when sober while looking at those bright ass lights flashing.

Worst part is when they searched the inside of the car they didnt even check the trunk, which made no sense at all, because thats where most people would hide shit, and then one of them must have been short on cash because they stole 20 bucks out of my wallet.

Cyanydem28
11-16-2008, 04:32 AM
Lol dude, they didnt check my trunk now that i think of it. Idiots. We could have hid sooo much back there. Do you kno for sure that they took 20 from you?

IronOutlaw
11-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Lol dude, they didnt check my trunk now that i think of it. Idiots. We could have hid sooo much back there. Do you kno for sure that they took 20 from you?

Yeah, i know they did. I had 60 bucks in my wallet, which was 3 twenties, and then i checked later that night and only had 2 twenties. Most cops that pull me over are usually cool but these guys were dickheads.
I made the mistake of leaving my wallet in the cupholder after i got my liscense out of it for them to check.