Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Marc
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula

Default Ocmd numbers released

https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2020/10/...cruisin-event/

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk
    1995 FORMULA M6

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

I wonder what the next strategy will be from the city of OC? Maybe just arrest people on the spot for having illegal mods done to their cars during a sanctioned cruise event along with impounding their cars? Public execution? Asking for a friend

H2Oi is literally ruining both Cruisin events, and for those of us who have been going for years, it is painful to see and even be a part of anymore. I spent $2k during this past cruise week between my rental house, food, etc and am really unsure if I want to go back at least with one of my cars. I'm not sure it's worth the risk.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, axleback, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harner For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Francis M Cwik Jr
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28 SS

We had a good friend of ours get his 23 T Bucket impounded. No hood, exposed tires. That car has been to Cruisin O.C. for some 25 years... never a problem. Hell, I think that it may have even been on one of the old event shirts. In the Boardwalk Parade on Thursday, impounded on Friday. He was just sitting at a light... no shenanigans.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SLP390 View Post
    We had a good friend of ours get his 23 T Bucket impounded. No hood, exposed tires. That car has been to Cruisin O.C. for some 25 years... never a problem. Hell, I think that it may have even been on one of the old event shirts. In the Boardwalk Parade on Thursday, impounded on Friday. He was just sitting at a light... no shenanigans.
    I remember seeing him posting up about it on FB. That was pretty much the start of the downward spiral in terms of towing cars for stupid reasons. I get it, the car is now deemed "unsafe" and needs to get off the road. Is an impound really warranted? He didn't have the option to just get it off the road for the rest of the weekend? There are people who will never venture back to the event just because of that car being impounded.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

This was definitely the most uneventful cruise week I've ever been to. Despite how civil it was, the cops still came down hard on everyone, even exhibition/show cars. Like goddam, I almost got nailed for blipping the throttle at the guy in the dinosaur suit! I think this is the end of an era, I doubt it'll ever be like it was before.
    96Z M6, ERE-383 #60, AFR 210s, LE cam, 9", Procharger D1, ???whp
    95 Roadmaster T-56 swap, LE1s, baby cam, 4.56s, "The Cammaster"
    95 Firehawk hooptie, bolt-ons and suspension

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Haven’t been down for a couple years. Definitely wasn’t like previous years. I was worried about getting pulled over for running MT ET Pro’s. Not DOT approved. Loaded the car back up in the trailer, didn’t want to be paying impound fees. Glad I spent lots of time and money to get it on the road for this event. Then my diesel truck whistle’s very loudly due to aftermarket turbo. Was afraid to even drive it. Ended up walking to nearby restaurants. We stayed near the inlet so short walk to inlet show and boardwalk parades.

You can definitely blame the H2O crowd. They actually had bars and restaurants close early and stopped bus transit at 6pm for them. I think they were expecting the same thing from the Fall Car Cruise event folks. Definitely not the same crowd. Well majority of the folks. I understand what they are trying to accomplish but definitely went about it the wrong way. Just my opinion.

Looking at going somewhere else next year. OBX has a show, Woodward car cruise etc. It’s just time to do something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

Was anybody planning on going down in May? I'm on the fence with how hard they cracked down on everyone last time
    96Z M6, ERE-383 #60, AFR 210s, LE cam, 9", Procharger D1, ???whp
    95 Roadmaster T-56 swap, LE1s, baby cam, 4.56s, "The Cammaster"
    95 Firehawk hooptie, bolt-ons and suspension

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Shooting for Fall since taking a newborn on a 4 hour drive (what was once a 4 hour drive lol) isn't in the cards. I just started shopping for house rentals in Ocean Pines again, as of last night. My favorite place to stay (Castaways Campground) just shot their prices up sky high so they're out of the picture.