Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 95 Formula

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Jake D Janssen
    Vehicle
    1995 Pontiac Firebird formula

Default 95 Formula

I bought the firebird in 2007 with maybe 50k on it. I have not had to do much but minor maintenance since then. It now has 70k. The car has always been a second car but something always came up to prevent me from upgrades. All I've done to it since then is add a stereo, cat back, racetronix fuel pump kit, and egr/air delete (and the supporting tuning). It's always had a small oil leak that bothered me but I never had the time to fix it. I've spent allot of time upgrading the gsxr, flipping my first house, getting married and having 3 kids. Now it's firebird time, I have every other week off work due to covid 19 and I needed a project. I decided to finally fix the oil leaks on the old bird. There were leaks at the front and back of the engine along with the A/C compressor. I decided to pull the engine and K member and clean everything up real well. It's also getting LE2 heads and cam, long tubes, and a few other engine bits. I decided I might as well replace those decarbons also since they suck. Here's a few pics of my progress so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jakegsxr11; 05-06-2020 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Update

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Jake D Janssen
    Vehicle

The engine internals look good. The heads also cleaned up nice. I had my 8 year old daughter assemble the shocks last night, I hurt my knee and couldn't get around very well. Shock install into the K member will be tonight.

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Jake D Janssen
    Vehicle

I have the k member all ready for the engine. New Moog ball joints, Strano springs, Koni sport sa shocks, poly motor mounts, resurfaced rotors and Hawk HPS pads. Next up is to get the cam in the engine and install the intake.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Nice clean work.... impressive!
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Ernie
    Vehicle
    97 Mullet

Welcome! Let's see more pictures

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    355 LT1 Turbo, Ported TFS heads, LE Ported Intake, LE cam, 80lb inj, Dual pumps 340 & 320lph on e85, etc.....
    www.fquick.com/SleepyZ
    <font color=#ff0000>

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Jake D Janssen
    Vehicle

I started polishing the intake and throttle body tonight. I'm not finished yet but I like how it's turning out. I also cleaned up the wire harness and the engine bay.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Jake D Janssen
    Vehicle

I was able to get the engine together. The cam had 0.057" of end play vs. 0.015 stock but Lunati said it wasn't an issue. I also had to remove the dowel and install a longer one.

Tomorrow I want to get the engine into the k member, get the headers and clutch installed and make the plug wires.

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Jake D Janssen
    Vehicle

These xs power headers are terrible. I might have to junk them. I had to significantly grind the drivers side k member to get them to fit. The y pipe just barely slides together, maybe only 1/8" at each joint. I can deal with those issues. Now the steering shaft isn't even close to fitting. I've moved the steering column as far to the outside as possible, upgraded to the ls1 shaft, installed new poly motor mounts. I still need another inch for clearance! I don't know what to do. And one of my msd wires were bad out of the box. I got hung up on by msd twice today after waiting on hold for 15 minutes each time. Advance auto can't really do an exchange even though the website says there is a 90 day warranty. On the plus side the spec clutch install went great!

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Jake D Janssen
    Vehicle

Good side vs bad side

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Brandon++S
    Vehicle
    1997 camaro z28

I had to put a dent in one of mine to clear steering shaft.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast