Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Default Poor financial decision v.7.0

Most of my poor financial decisions have been in guns and cars (plus a divorce). Well today we made a 30 year poor financial decision, although it is a good decision at the same time. We needed more space. The house we were in had limited parking, my neighbors kept scratching my cars, i had to keep my impala at @Ltconvert's house, etc etc etc. Plus it was killing me only getting to see my kids for an hour or so on weeknights then driving them a half hour one way back home (after i drove 1.5-2 hours home from work).

We found a house LITERALLY 1 mile from my kids, yes its a move back to jersey (had to give up some firearms) but it has almost an acre of property, 2 car garage, 4+ bedrooms and 2.5 baths. In the country, 1 neighbor on one side and one across the street, other neighbor is a corn field. Price was doable, everything somehow fell into place.

Driveway had christening burnout done and camaro parked in her new home right away.
    54431880_799674763739345_3181373161950150656_n.jpg

53796583_433993197343276_8886313350040911872_n.jpg
    53839906_2366876003346447_801031544100618240_n.jpg
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    JB
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28 1996 Camaro SS

Doesn't sound like a poor decision to me. Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Same as everybody else...350 small block, double hump heads, 3/4 cam

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathead For This Post:

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Thats an investment. Smart choice and congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 1QUICKZ28 For This Post:

I am happy and sad for you man

But, family is def always first, so big congrats!
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Marc
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula

Congrats man, doesn't sound like a poor decision to me at all.

But I make poor decisions practically on an hourly basis.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    1995 FORMULA M6

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 95 blackbird For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

OOF......Jersey. How bad are the property taxes there now?

Show some more pics of the place man! Looks pretty sizable. And having that acre of land is awesome. Garage looks like it's a decent size too, but will be COLD in the winter being all cinder block and concrete like that. Get yourself a good heater.

Not a poor financial decision at all. Smart move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    OOF......Jersey. How bad are the property taxes there now?

Show some more pics of the place man! Looks pretty sizable. And having that acre of land is awesome. Garage looks like it's a decent size too, but will be COLD in the winter being all cinder block and concrete like that. Get yourself a good heater.

Not a poor financial decision at all. Smart move.
    the property taxes in the area we are in in pa (lehigh valley) are actually a hair HIGHER (heavy jersey/ny influence) when you add all 3 up plus theres that local tax in pa jersey doesnt have. its about 5700 a year all in, while most places we looked in pa were 7500-9k. closing costs played a factor (pa they wouldve been 15-20% more). Its warren county, the last county in jersey thats mostly all protected farmland. The township does not allow industrial, and after 1 small housing development failed (it was only going to have 7 houses total) about 15 years ago the community passed a resolution banning it. You can only build if your property is going to be on atleast 2 acres now.

Biggest factors were my kids, and my commute. We couldnt find anything in pa that fit what we wanted and was close enough to an easy route to them to make it worth it, or to shave a little time off of my daily drive.

the garage will be getting insulated/rocked and getting a mitsubishi ductless split i have laying around from work, should be better than laying on my back in a stone sloped driveway in winter

ill get some more pics tomorrow, already starting the moving process. the house is an older home, and needs some love. its a bit dated, but we have the rest of our lives to make it how we want

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1995 Caprice 9c1

Nicely done.

Sent from my Commodore64, excuse typos & brevity.
    'A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop.'
    -Robert Hughes

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ncinirator For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

That's awesome that they're not allowing industrial development, keeping the cookie cutters out, etc. I'd say you DEFINITELY bought an investment property. Way to go man!

Side note: Living about 2 hours south of there for 7 years (Sicklerville, Winslow Township NJ), and having a friend living in Allentown, I never realized, or rather took note, that Allentown was so doggone close to the PA/NJ border.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    That's awesome that they're not allowing industrial development, keeping the cookie cutters out, etc. I'd say you DEFINITELY bought an investment property. Way to go man!

Side note: Living about 2 hours south of there for 7 years (Sicklerville, Winslow Township NJ), and having a friend living in Allentown, I never realized, or rather took note, that Allentown was so doggone close to the PA/NJ border.
    Yeah, we were in nazareth, 10 minutes from the border. but it was still a hour round trip to/from my kids.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast