Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Be sure to reference the depth of the current pilot bearing so you can install the new one at the same depth. It's one of those things that can be easy to forget.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt - 10.2@140 / 777rwhp - Forever Dyno Queen
    17 Corvette Z06 - 11.05 @ 125
    17 GMC Sierra Denali Dmax

Lurker

Status

I would suspect it is stock bore size...
    96 BBB 383/T56

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

still haven't found an answer to bore size on the Tick MC so I will probably just swap in the McLeod MC and sell the Tick. so if anyone wants a low mile Tick adjustable MC it will be for sale soon lol

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Ernie
    Vehicle
    97 Mullet

Where did you end up buying the twin disc from?
    355 LT1 Turbo, Ported TFS heads, LE Ported Intake, LE cam, 80lb inj, Dual pumps 340 & 320lph on e85, etc.....
    www.fquick.com/SleepyZ
    <font color=#ff0000>

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy_z View Post
    where did you end up buying the twin disc from?
    @96lt1355z28

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hokeplaya05 For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

okay, just wanted to update this thread. I finally bit the bullet and went ahead with installing the street twin. its taken a couple weeks as I really only had a couple hours here and there to work on it but hoping to have the car back on all fours this afternoon and start getting some miles on it. only issue I ran into is McLeod sent me the wrong length braided hose from the master to the slave. the one they sent me was 24" long which barely reached the slave and couldn't thread on. I talked to Josh and he determined that the correct hose is supposed to be 30" hand had one sent out to me free of charge. so the new line is in, just need to bleed and put the exhaust back on and she should be good to go. I will update with how it drives once I get some miles on it.

big thanks to Josh ( @96LT1355Z28 ) for helping me out especially since I ordered the kit over a year ago and getting the new line to me quickly so i can finish this up.

I took pics along the way but not sure how to upload them with the whole photobucket crap that is going on, I'll figure it out

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hokeplaya05 For This Post:

10 Second N/A Club

Status
    Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    96 Z28

Happy to help and glad your finally getting to work on it!
    -Josh
    co-owner of BDBRacing.com
    NMCA OC 9004
    96, N/A 385, Holley EFI, Faceplated M6, AI TFS heads, LE SR cam, MWC Fab 9
    10.16 @ 136 1.50 60'........still workin on that 60' shootin for 1.4's!

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

put almost 100 miles on the car today, just driving around running errands working on getting the clutch broken in. all is good so far, have a slight vibration at 70mph that wasn't there before but that could be unrelated. love the lightweight flywheel, throttle feels a little more snappy especially when rev-matching downshifts. I'm on vacation this week so goal is to drive it as much as possible to get miles on the clutch.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hokeplaya05 For This Post:

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hokeplaya05 View Post
    all is good so far, have a slight vibration at 70mph that wasn't there before but that could be unrelated. love the lightweight flywheel, .
    your sig says "383" so I assume you have a neutral, aka "internal", balanced motor.

McLeod does show 2 Twin clutch kits. 1 for external and the other internal balanced motors. In reality they are the same kit just the FW does not come with the screw on weight....BUT it is the same FW as the external balanced kit....it has 4 taped/threaded holes that would hold on the weight PLUS 4 small bolts

on my steel FW this amounted to 25 grms....I suspect less on aluminum but still something....enough to possibly make a balance issue

Every high $ "neutral" FW I have bought I take to a machine shop to confirm "zero" balance. ALL were off

Given a clutch swap is not a 10 min job I found te $40 to confirm/balance the FW AND PP & floater to zero makes for a smooth motor after, IMHO

pics of my Twin steel FW and the small screws/washers I put in place = the 25 grams of missing material. Also IIRC SPEC sells a billet FW (for single disc clutch) for both neutral and rear balanced LT1 and in instructions it says "if motor is internal balance use 3 of the 4 screws that hold the weight on after removing the weight"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    96 BBB 383/T56

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

interesting, yeah my motor is internally balanced and the kit came with the weights. I almost installed the "chevy" weight but took a quick look at the build sheet for the long block and saw that it was internally balanced. I adjusted my pinon angle today and it got rid of most of the vibration, but there is definitely still a little vibration there. put another 100 miles on it today and all else seems good.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast