Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    Pardon my french, but no fawking way. IF they sell this thing alongside the C7, my bet is it's it's own car, a'la Ford GT. I'll say it now. There's ZERO chance they sell this mid-engine car simultaneously with the C7 and call both a Corvette. Unless, as I said earlier, they go full retard, which I wouldn't put past them either.
    it'll probably be a Cadillac like has been said over a year ago. especially with Cadillac changing around the lineup and they will be changing it up in 2020 I think (read something somewhere)

it would be more logical to bring it under Cadillac than Chevy imho

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Thats the new flavor... every one making factory drag cars, near 1k hp street cars. Its a great time... lol. Just expensive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Its not a great time for a guy like me, been dreaming of fast cars since I was old enough to dream, all I can seem to get is a cam for my antique Lt1 while people that dont even know how to drive are buying 700+HP cars off the show room.......

More power to them I guess, maybe I should just give up and go get a payment! lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fullforce For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by fullforce View Post
    Its not a great time for a guy like me, been dreaming of fast cars since I was old enough to dream, all I can seem to get is a cam for my antique Lt1 while people that dont even know how to drive are buying 700+HP cars off the show room.......

More power to them I guess, maybe I should just give up and go get a payment! lol
    Dont sweat it man. I could go and buy something new with those numbers, but in the end they are just like every other one being sold.

I love my 90s underdogs, and no payments... lol.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    93 Bird

I guess I look at it from my perspective... the only way I would get a base would be with plans to heavily modify it... leaving it no longer a 50k car... if i didnt wamt to modify, Id get a c6zr1 or c7z06, which new were amd are all but 100k cars.

But there is a lot more old guys that just buy the basic variants and don't do any performance mods. You are in the minority that would like to mod the car to its max. On a car forum that seems normal, but real life it's pretty rare in comparison. Especially so when you get to parts of the country that don't have a big street racing scene like in the big southern cities

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    But there is a lot more old guys that just buy the basic variants and don't do any performance mods. You are in the minority that would like to mod the car to its max. On a car forum that seems normal, but real life it's pretty rare in comparison. Especially so when you get to parts of the country that don't have a big street racing scene like in the big southern cities
    I disagree... im saying heavily modified base cars that would be in comparison to stock top of the line cars... ie demons, zo6s, etc.

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    93 Bird

He'll, I don't think I have ever even seen more than 1 or 2 c6's let alone a c7 with an aftermarket set of rims driving around here. And I'm on the road a lot.

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    93 Bird

I disagree... im saying heavily modified base cars that would be in comparison to stock top of the line cars... ie demons, zo6s, etc.

Your saying that's what most people actually do with their base models?

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Your saying that's what most people actually do with their base models?
    Im saying thats what i would do if i got a base... thats why if i got one i wouldnt buy a base and it would be a car thats already out of the blue collar relm which is what started this part of the conversation...

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    93 Bird

That's something that I would probably do (modify a base into zr1/zo6 performance range). But thats definetely not something that most guys are doing. The internet makes it seem like there is a lot more modded up cars than stock ones but most will never get past basic bolt ons in reality.

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    93 Bird

Im saying thats what i would do if i got a base... thats why if i got one i wouldnt buy a base and it would be a car thats already out of the blue collar relm which is what started this part of the conversation...

Right, but the other guy was saying that having a base model that is over 100k would kill off probably the largest buyer segment of the corvette. You sounded like you were disagreeing by saying everyone mods their cars heavy anyways. That's were I was disagreeing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast