Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    I have to find your file. I think it was DataMaster, not Scan9495. Your erratic RPM jumps were smaller and less frequent, harder to even find. The current file is much larger jumps and much more frequent. But the end results were similar.
    Mine was datamaster, takes a bit but was only after warmed up idling or when driving and sitting at a light. Would Rev to 2k

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

@96z28SideSwype - Thanks for passing these on to your engineers. @Tubby Z28

I found the DataMaster file. It was from early 2014. I exported it as a .csv and converted it to Excel, and forwarded it to MSD, marked up the same as the previous file I sent them. Yes, your problem appeared after the engine was warmed up. A couple random, wide spread spikes when cold, but then it went sort of crazy when warmed up.... 5,000+ RPM spikes.

This is getting interesting.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

@Tubby Z28

What ignition wires were you running on your engine when you had the erratic idle problem with the MSD Opti? How old were they? Was there any chance that there was an ignition wire running very close to or in parallel with the Opti harness wires? Were your plug wires routed OVC? When you ditched the MSD and bought a new Opti, solving the erratic idle problem, did you make ANY other changes to the engine components, wire routing, etc?

They asked the age and brand of plug wire question regarding the data log I sent them from the guy on CZ28. I had preveiously asked that guy about the high voltage wires being run close to or parallel to the Opti wires, but he never answered me.

Fred

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

@Tubby Z28

What ignition wires were you running on your engine when you had the erratic idle problem with the MSD Opti? How old were they? Was there any chance that there was an ignition wire running very close to or in parallel with the Opti harness wires? Were your plug wires routed OVC? When you ditched the MSD and bought a new Opti, solving the erratic idle problem, did you make ANY other changes to the engine components, wire routing, etc?

They asked the age and brand of plug wire question regarding the data log I sent them from the guy on CZ28. I had preveiously asked that guy about the high voltage wires being run close to or parallel to the Opti wires, but he never answered me.

Fred
    Taylor spiro pro, stock routing. Had to go back thru my pics, I had otvc Taylor spiro pro on the impala and never had an issue.

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

@96z28SideSwype
    @Tubby Z28

The guy on CZ28.com was using Duralast plug wires, stock routing, about 15,000 miles. He still had problems with erratic idle after he disconnected the IAC. He never ran a data log. Wish he had.

Appears he got frustrated, so he took his old Chinese rip-off Opti, that he had replaced with the MSD, warrantied a new Chinese rip-off, installed the Chinese unit and all his problems went away. No other changes.

Check the post.

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-...3/#post6991567
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

@96z28SideSwype
    @Tubby Z28

The guy on CZ28.com was using Duralast plug wires, stock routing, about 15,000 miles. He still had problems with erratic idle after he disconnected the IAC. He never ran a data log. Wish he had.

Appears he got frustrated, so he took his old Chinese rip-off Opti, that he had replaced with the MSD, warrantied a new Chinese rip-off, installed the Chinese unit and all his problems went away. No other changes.

Check the post.

That reinforces the fact that it is a msd issue, which now is just an overpriced Chinese opti since they went bankrupt

2021 Charger Scat 392

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tommy N.
    Vehicle
    Silver 1996 Camaro Z28, Green 1996 Camaro Z28

@96z28SideSwype
    @Tubby Z28

Check the post.

Do you know if he still has the opti? If he does I know we want to see it so we can see what is wrong with it, because if people who have issue with the opti just throw them away and never call in or send them in we can not figure out what wrong with them when they get tested, or when they get made since they are made here in El Paso.
    96 Camaro Z28 Silver Mostly Stock, Full Exhaust
    96 Camaro Z28 Green Big Cam, Quick Performance 9 Inch Rear End, Full Exhuast

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by 96z28SideSwype View Post
    Do you know if he still has the opti? If he does I know we want to see it so we can see what is wrong with it, because if people who have issue with the opti just throw them away and never call in or send them in we can not figure out what wrong with them when they get tested, or when they get made since they are made here in El Paso.
    Mine are documented under rma numbers from january-march of 2015, they can look it up as they were sent to you

2021 Charger Scat 392

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tommy N.
    Vehicle
    Silver 1996 Camaro Z28, Green 1996 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    Mine are documented under rma numbers from january-march of 2015, they can look it up as they were sent to you

But we would need the unit now looking it up under rmas cant help in this situation.
    96 Camaro Z28 Silver Mostly Stock, Full Exhaust
    96 Camaro Z28 Green Big Cam, Quick Performance 9 Inch Rear End, Full Exhuast

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by 96z28SideSwype View Post
    But we would need the unit now looking it up under rmas cant help in this situation.
    Sold it, rma and emails should be good enough, considering msd advised me they put it thru "rigorous tests" to prove there was nothing wrong and not give me a new one

2021 Charger Scat 392

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast