Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

• Navigation
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    "The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Default Does anyone know anything about the "petition" for a performance LTX block/engine???

HERE IS THE LINK:

http://www.change.org/petitions/dart...tition_created

In case the link is blocked for you:

• Petitioning Dart Machinery

Produce a LTx Performance engine block

Dart,

We stand as a group of enthusiasts and friends that love and enjoy our LT1s and LT4s just as much as the LSx crowd. A few years back you produced a prototype LTx SHP replacement block and dangled it in front of us. We lined up to get our hands upon this great product to open the LTx enthusiasts to a world of power and cubic inch capabilities never seen before with this engine, then it was sadly cancelled. Please take these signatures as you want but understand, a lot of us are ready to buy and as before, we want this to happen. Our engines are not getting any younger and the LTx market is still strong, please consider this project again.

Thanks

To:
    Dart Machinery, Sales and Marketing

Produce a LTx Performance engine block

Sincerely,
    [Your name]

AND BEFORE I GET ALL THE , THIS WONT WORK, OR NEGATIVE THIS, OR CRITICISM THAT... I AM SIMPLY ASKING IF ANYONE KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT IT, SINC IT WAS BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION VIA THE LTXtech.com FB PAGE.

I AM NOT SUPPORTING, PROMOTING, ANTI...etc... JUST ASKING IS ALL.

Last edited by popo8; 06-09-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

lulz, heard this one before, in4dissapointment.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

The problem is a bunch of people will sign it but only 3 people will buy it. Doesn't make for a good business case. If you're looking to build a drag car, then chances are if you didn't want to go LS1 you would go with the plethora of Gen 1 SBC blocks already there. The LT1 is a bad ass factory block when you compare it to what the TPI and older stuff had and you can make awesome power with it. I stand by when I say that no one has found the factory limit on the block yet, if you trace the failures in the few big HP cars, it's always been some thing else that caused the damage. I can't see making 2000+ RWHP with it, but let's be honest, how many LT1 guys can afford a set up like that and the ones who can have the desire to build some thing like that? If you did it would be for a class and it would be easier just to do an after market SBC. I also say that other than a very few folks, most set ups are well within the realm of the blocks capabilities and reliability level. The guy who refreshed my 398 would get a lot of requests for all American internals in the LS1 stuff. So he offered a short block with all American forging and machining, guess what, people didn't buy it. Because of the cost difference. Going to be the same thing, I don't see people tearing apart running stroker cars with good blocks and swapping them over. Just won't happen.
    Last edited by Neil350; 06-09-2014 at 08:45 AM.
    93 T/A Hard Top l 398" l Dart Pro-1s + Single Plane l N2O Outlet Spray Bar l 24X SD Tuned l Street twin + M6 l 12 Bolt 3.90 l Fikses

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

@Neil350

Hey Neil when I talked to you at the shoot out about big ricks set up, what did you say was the reason that thing let go a few times? Didn't you say it was previously a n2o car? My memory is crap lol.

It was a nitrous car for a long time, it had a 383 with a CC306 in it when it was street car on spray, ran 10s. Then he did the 396 for nitrous, ran a couple NFRA events. Then they tore it down for the turbo set up. The short block was his old Nitrous motor with different Pistons, Cola Crank, Eagle H-Beams and pistons for the boost. He did a new top end on the motor, think it had some AFR215 RR head on it, Single Plane. They did fill the short block and enlarge the oil holes that feed the crank, put some after market race pump, still a wet sump though. The first failure was a thrust bearing, that was the night it went 8.08 at HRP on the low boost setting. Didn't make another pass since the motor was hurt. The next time it was out was Spring Break Shoot Out and the trans was having issues.
    93 T/A Hard Top l 398" l Dart Pro-1s + Single Plane l N2O Outlet Spray Bar l 24X SD Tuned l Street twin + M6 l 12 Bolt 3.90 l Fikses

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Neil350 For This Post:

Don't get your hopes up for a dedicated aftermarket LTx block
    1994 Formula, 396cid, AFR 227's, Single plane, and 2 of the big ones.
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=241&dateline=12653889  02

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 z28 2005 gxp

Dart actually had a shp or what ever their cheaper ones are block in development a long time ago, it was actually listed on their website but has been gone for many years. it was there when they were developing the lt1 heads, but i think the end result was not worth it for the lack of interest.

VIP Member

Status

Hey, if it works, that would be awesome! I'm for anything that would work.

I personally have spoken with a couple people that work for Dart, since they are local to me. One guy, who has a '95 Z LT1 car with Dart heads (I don't remember his name, I just call him the Dart guy) told me that for quite some time, Dart was working on producing a LTx block. However, once they reviewed the customer base versus the cost of tooling for production (which he said would have been around $200,000 to $250,000), it simply was not worth it.
    '95 Camaro Z28 - 385CI LT1 Turbo - GONE AND SAD
    '04 GTO Yellow Jacket 6 Speed SAP - LM1, 19" AZA Z1s, H/C, LTs, Nitrous Outlet plate set-up
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumbalt1 View Post
    the fans was not on andi guess that the pcm have my car going high power because oil started to come out thw valve covers

Quote Originally Posted by blkchevyz View Post
    Dart actually had a shp or what ever their cheaper ones are block in development a long time ago, it was actually listed on their website but has been gone for many years. it was there when they were developing the lt1 heads, but i think the end result was not worth it for the lack of interest.
    Same with Edelbrock on their LT4 Intake Manifold, they had it back in '98 or so in some of their magazine advertisements in Super Chevy. It's funny because those LT4 Intake Manifolds were under 300$ from GMPP, but when they stopped making them they sky rocketed in price. Then Edelbrock released theirs.

On another note, you know I would just be happy if we could weather strip kits for our cars at a decent price. Third Gen guys and Fox Body Mustangs people (who you calling "you people?") can get entire kits for their cars now for not a whole lot of coin. Soft Seal?? makes it now for 4th Gen cars but it's just as much as the GM stuff.
    Last edited by Neil350; 06-09-2014 at 10:30 AM.

Lurker

Status

I'd love to get one for a future build although I believe it would be a bit over kill for the amount of power I would be shooting for . The stock block has been great to us . I can see how it would be very valuable to the big dogs though

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    97 firehawk m6 with a forged long rod 355 stock heads and intake soon to be upgraded to LE 21* tfs heads and a big ass cam , rpm built level 5 t56 trans s60 with 4.30 gears umi suspension walbro pump and hot wire kit and a spinning best 12.36 @ 114 crap 60 foot.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast