Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Dan Dalessandro
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by gmpowered View Post
    OP sorry for the hijack....

Yes its timing accuracy is impressive, thats about all it is good for is a timing sensor.

Making a yugo run 6s in the 1/4 can be done too. Doesn't make it the best platform to do so.

If its so capable why do you need such an accomplished tuner to tune it? Where can i find one and how much will it cost?
    Does it have custom 3 bar OS options like the 24x 58x does?
    Does it have the same resolution?
    How many hoops do i have to jump through Just to tune it myself? Cable(drivers) software(lt1 specific)
    Does it have flex fuel capabilities?
    Why did GM preplace them?
    Why is EFi and BP automotive so busy with lead times.....Idiots...I dont even know how they stay in business.
    How many transmissions can it control?
    Why did GM ditch it so fast?
    Where can i buy a oem opti?
    How often have you pressure washed your motor? Cuz i just did
    Stock original opti? Nothing else to carry the ignition current on your ride?

Idiots giving the opti a bad rep? LOL this is the first year my camaro sat all winter and immediately fired up in the spring with no misfire or CEL in the 10+ years ive owned it..All these idiots and their low mileage cars with the optis shitting the bed....idiots..
    Its the first time i can say I would drive this car anywhere.
    It runs smoother than ever gets better mpg and is more reliable. But that all must be because i cant tune tho right?
    It must be because i cant wrench or install an opti? That must be it...... But i can somehow i can install cam/ heads superchargers Build my own trans ect making my own tools out of my own garage...... But these god forsaken optis must take a true mechanic like YOU to run one right?
    Somehow i can tune subarus fords and earlier generation GM PCMs than lt1s but not lt1s.....They need a sepcial guy to tune them..

The opti is/was a POS i used to stick up for it too. Ive spent more money on OEM optis than my 24x lol.
    Read this again.

Quote Originally Posted by dawdaw View Post
    Not a debate on my eend. 24X is superior in terms of availability of good tuners . Lots of false claims it makes more power then a traditional coil dizzy, it may be worth a few ponies over a stock ignition but not the 15 hp plus these guys claim. If it did they had a poor tune done with the oe computer.

If you have a competent friend that know the ls ecu i would without hesitation do The 24x swap.

I just have to step up and say to the nay Sayers that it can't be done with an oe ecu that they are incorrect.

My car runs pretty damn good with an oe ecu and if i make a change im thinking i will put this car into the 9s na with an oe pcm, and 15 year old factory distributor
    ---—-—-----------------------------------------------------
    OP. I'd just do 24x if you can swing it now. Shit, I was about to do it with just bolt ons because I got a kit for cheap. Then I decided eeeeh fuuuq lets go crazy!
    The oe pcm and opti can do a lot and @dawdaw and @popo8 prove it with their cars. Kyle lays down consistent numbers. Popo has a street car.

I'm a carrot

14.307@98.21, 2.155 60'

97 Z28, M6 with stuff done to it. SHOOTING FOR 12s IN A BOLT ON LT1 BOYS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Yes its timing accuracy is impressive, thats about all it is good for is a timing sensor.

Making a yugo run 6s in the 1/4 can be done too. Doesn't make it the best platform to do so.

If its so capable why do you need such an accomplished tuner to tune it? Where can i find one and how much will it cost?
    How many hoops do i have to jump through Just to tune it myself? Cable(drivers) software(lt1 specific)
    Why is EFi and BP automotive so busy with lead times.....Idiots...I dont even know how they stay in business.

Idiots giving the opti a bad rep? LOL this is the first year my camaro sat all winter and immediately fired up in the spring with no misfire or CEL in the 10+ years ive owned it..All these idiots and their low mileage cars with the optis shitting the bed....idiots..
    It runs smoother than ever gets better mpg and is more reliable. But that all must be because i cant tune tho right?
    It must be because i cant wrench or install an opti? That must be it...... But i can somehow i can install cam/ heads superchargers Build my own trans ect making my own tools out of my own garage...... But these god forsaken optis must take a true mechanic like YOU to run one right?
    Somehow i can tune subarus fords and earlier generation GM PCMs than lt1s but not lt1s.....They need a sepcial guy to tune them..

The opti is/was a POS i used to stick up for it too. Ive spent more money on OEM optis than my 24x lol.
    Why so much anger...

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
    OWNER/ADMIN

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

Tin foil hat status

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

You dont need an.accomplished tuner to tune it. Ive self tuned my stock headed, stock intake, stock pcm/distributor, small cammed 383 to 10.50s on motor. The lack of people that mess with them anymore ultimately is the issue

Don't cost anything to tune it.yourself

I dont know about 3 bar but id imagine it does not have the capability

No more hoops to jump threw than you would have to for any platform. Software is free unlike hp tuners that cost an arm and a leg and is vin specific that has to purchase tokens to tune other vehicles. Needs a cable to tune like others. Thats it

Yes flex fuel capabilities. I run e70 all the way to e90.

Lots of idiots that cant make a car work. Take a look at lt1 nation and you'll have your answer why bp is so busy

Well i run a th400, it runs a 60e , t56, mmystery bird runs an 80e with his oe computer . TThat enough? Or do you want a ford transmission in there?

From my understanding the ls was in development and they wanted a whole new fresh platform. Not anything new, as technology improves, old stuff is pushed away and new stuff takes over. The lt1 takes after the original 1955 sbc designed here right in flint mi

Dont know i have had the same one for 13 years, your 24X so you need coils anyways

Pressure washed motor! Mine doesn't leak nothing. No need for it.

As far as original good question. Its been on there since 2002 . I could ask the original owner if he replaced it

Never claimed to be a special mechanic or better then anyone else. Its never gaven me a single issue other then the rotor screw came out. And its kind of my falt cause i never loctited them at the shootout. Have you ever seen a reluctor wheel come off a ls crank? I have. Much eeasier to replace a cap and rotor then disassembling an engine.

Like i said before this turned into a opti sucks, i can tune a subaru, ford, black dildo thread. All i stated was that an oe pcm is far far more then capable to handle this set up. But if he had a friend that was a competent lsx tuner then by all means 24x is the way to go.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dawdaw For This Post:

End of day, if you can swing it, do 24x it is much more boost friendly IMO.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    I agree. The 24x stuff is just 100x more prevalent today to with all the tuners out there.

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    I agree. The 24x stuff is just 100x more prevalent today to with all the tuners out there.

Thanks, this is what I was looking for. My only concern really is having the better platform for the path I'm taking (boost). You guys don't need to convince me the opti is fine, I know. If I wasn't going with boost I'd have not even considered swapping. I've had this car since 08 39k miles and I've been daily driving, modding, and racing it up till now at ~100K. I've pressure washed the engine bay countless times with it running and no issues, drive it in downpours, and had no problem doing the basic timing, fuel, and shift point tuning for my mods. I guess its one of those unicorn cars, but if it ain't broke, I don't fix it haha.

I'm going to miss open source tuning tho ;(

95 Z28 hard top - LT1, 4L60e, bolt ons, Yank SS3600, suspension, viking coil overs, 3.42 10 bolt, 3320 lbs - 12.304 @ 108.52mph 1.69 60'
    08 Saab 9-7x - L96 6.0 swap, L92 heads/intake/TB, LS6 cam, LS9 springs, 7.425" hardened pushrods, CAI, 1-3/4" stepped LT's, catback, 4L60E, FTI 3000 278mm converter

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by SSlowBoat View Post
    I personally didn't like the 2 bar definition, but that's just me. Base tunes with Moe it made no difference in how the car ran

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    It's not supposed to "make a difference". All it does is make reading and editing the tables easier
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    john
    Vehicle
    camaro

You dont need an.accomplished tuner to tune it. Ive self tuned my stock headed, stock intake, stock pcm/distributor, small cammed 383 to 10.50s on motor. The lack of people that mess with them anymore ultimately is the issue

Don't cost anything to tune it.yourself

I dont know about 3 bar but id imagine it does not have the capability

No more hoops to jump threw than you would have to for any platform. Software is free unlike hp tuners that cost an arm and a leg and is vin specific that has to purchase tokens to tune other vehicles. Needs a cable to tune like others. Thats it

Yes flex fuel capabilities. I run e70 all the way to e90.

Lots of idiots that cant make a car work. Take a look at lt1 nation and you'll have your answer why bp is so busy

Well i run a th400, it runs a 60e , t56, mmystery bird runs an 80e with his oe computer . TThat enough? Or do you want a ford transmission in there?

From my understanding the ls was in development and they wanted a whole new fresh platform. Not anything new, as technology improves, old stuff is pushed away and new stuff takes over. The lt1 takes after the original 1955 sbc designed here right in flint mi

Dont know i have had the same one for 13 years, your 24X so you need coils anyways

Pressure washed motor! Mine doesn't leak nothing. No need for it.

As far as original good question. Its been on there since 2002 . I could ask the original owner if he replaced it

Never claimed to be a special mechanic or better then anyone else. Its never gaven me a single issue other then the rotor screw came out. And its kind of my falt cause i never loctited them at the shootout. Have you ever seen a reluctor wheel come off a ls crank? I have. Much eeasier to replace a cap and rotor then disassembling an engine.

Like i said before this turned into a opti sucks, i can tune a subaru, ford, black dildo thread. All i stated was that an oe pcm is far far more then capable to handle this set up. But if he had a friend that was a competent lsx tuner then by all means 24x is the way to go.
    Apparently i do need an accomplished tuner because my car always seemed "off" with the opti and stock pcm for a few weeks when everything was new replaced ect.., at least now looking back. Even with a new opti and hours of tune time.

Thats not flex fuel....welcome to 2016 where you can put half a tank of e85 then pull right over and fill the rest of the way with regular pump...you know GM flex fuel...There are these newfangled things called alcohol sensors.

You do claim to be better than anyone who cant make an opti oe pcm work by calling them idiots.....
    I dont understand how im an idiot when my opti failed at 80k.. i dont understand how im an idiot because my car never ran as good as it does now.

The stock pcm is capable, but hardly the best solution. The same arguments can be used on any stock part like the rear end or 4l60..oh and whats wrong with stock unported heads?
    IMO this isnt a opti sucks thread. Its a wake up its 2016 there are better options thread hijack.

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    john
    Vehicle
    camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Read this again.

---—-—-----------------------------------------------------
    OP. I'd just do 24x if you can swing it now. Shit, I was about to do it with just bolt ons because I got a kit for cheap. Then I decided eeeeh fuuuq lets go crazy!
    The oe pcm and opti can do a lot and @dawdaw and @popo8 prove it with their cars. Kyle lays down consistent numbers. Popo has a street car.

I'm a carrot
    Popo proves it with only using the opti as a timing device, he passes the juice via coils.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast