Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Overworked/Underpaid

Status
    Name
    Peter Alpiger
    Vehicle
    1996 Trans Am WS6; 1994 Corvette [GS Clone]

Default Gail Cahall at American-Powerhouse

Disclaimer: This purchase wasn't organized through this forum, but since she's a sponsor here, I felt the need to share my experience.

I ordered an Optispark from Gail / @American-Powerhouse for the C4 on July 3. She sent the order over to AC Delco and then everything fell apart from there lol (NOT GAIL'S FAULT!). It was supposedly going to arrive within a week. After a week and a half go by and nothing had arrived yet, I start asking Gail to check into it to find out where it is. According to the tracking number she was given, it should have already arrived, but never did. At the 2 week mark, Gail pushed back harder and found out that the package sat in AC Delco's warehouse for 3 days before UPS ever bothered to pick it up and scan it in, then somewhere in transit they switched up the tracking number on it for some reason. Strike 1 for UPS. It made it to DFW Airport and then we found out that whoever printed the label out put down the wrong address, despite Gail reading it off to them 3 times! The street name they put doesn't even exist, so thankfully it at least wasn't delivered to a wrong address. Last Friday, Gail was playing phone tag with UPS again to try to find my Optispark and was informed that it had left the airport and sent to one of their customer centers for pickup, but they didn't know which one of their OWN customer centers they sent it to... Strike 2 for UPS. They claimed they'd call her back the same day and never did, so there went my plan to install it this past weekend. Strike 3 for UPS. This morning, she gets back on the phone and, by what I can only imagine was a crusade figuratively beheading UPS workers over the phone,, manages to find out that it in fact IS still sitting at the customer center at DFW Airport (when they told us on Friday it wasn't)... So she gives me the address and apologizes profusely despite none of this being her fault at all. So on my lunch break today, I drove down to the airport and picked up my package after they couldn't even find it in their own system. I ask the woman there to pleeeease just go back there and try to see if she can find it by browsing and by a miracle, it's one of the first packages on the shelf as soon as she went through the door LOL. She scratches her head over trying to compare the tracking number on the box to the non-matching one in their system that has an open case on it for being lost or whatever, then finally gives it to me to open and check. I say yep, this is it, and leave as fast as I can before they try to come up with some more bullshit to delay me. The open case is their problem now, not mine lol.

So, in the end, this was all to say a big THANK YOU to Gail for sticking it out with me and fighting UPS all the way to resolution!
    96 Trans Am WS6 LT1 M6: 10/7/11 - current: 245.7 RWHP / 266.2 RWTQ - 14.462s @ 98.28 MPH
    94 Corvette LT1 A4: 4/12/13 - current: No dyno #s yet - 9.547s @ 75.11 MPH (1/8 mile)
    92 Lumina Euro 3.4L LQ1 A4: 1/15/06 - current: The beater car that refuses to die...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackbird96WS6 For This Post:

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Vehicle
    01 Chevy Corvette C5/05 Dodge Ram 1500

Wow, Peter! Thank you for such an awesome post!

I really love my customers. I consider them all to be part of the American-Powerhouse family.

Unfortunately with that comes absolute frustration when someones order is out of my hands and out of my control!

We really don't have too many shipping choices...UPS, FedEx and USPS. That's it. And, there are horror stories with all three, even though their prices continue to go up! LOL

I'm so glad you finally got your part and I was happy to help. Sorry I couldn't save you the trip to get it, but your car will be happy now!

Thank you so much again for such an amazing post!
    Gail C. Cahall
    Founder
    American-Powerhouse, LLC
    www.american-powerhouse.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to American-Powerhouse For This Post: