Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    "The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

LTXtech.com IS my drug...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

Brutal 16hr day, and the NJ crew is home. (well half of em are )
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Almost there. Stopping for food first.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt - 10.2@140 / 777rwhp - Forever Dyno Queen
    17 Corvette Z06 - 11.05 @ 125
    17 GMC Sierra Denali Dmax

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blackbirdws6 For This Post:

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

i got 300 miles away from home and blew a pinion seal out of my dana 70 on my tow vehicle van... very lucky brian caught it. we stopped at the restroom in auburn Indiana and destroyed a poor toilet and walked out and it had a small puddle of gear oil under it.. whole truck and trailer is coated in 85w140 lol. it holds 4 quarts and it was only a quart low. pulled over a 100 miles later and filled it up again and made it home and it didn't leak at all again but ill have to change that seal out soon.

not a bad weekend . hurt something on the car and the tow vehicle ! but i had a blast and the shootout guys did a great job from start to finish on tech, weighing the cars, communication, running the cars and i can honestly say there wasn't a thing wrong with how the event was ran from start to finish...

got to watch a bar fight with ray hinton @Chopstix

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dawdaw For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Kyle
    Vehicle
    '95 Trans Am

I'm so pissed I missed that bar fight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Kyle

just ur everyday slow LT1. wanna try her out?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SexyTransAm For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status

Bar fight? In the hotel? Lol
    Bryan
    1994 B4C "Special Service" Camaro - Stock LT1 - 6 speed - 46k miles - Madz28 Tune - 307/340 sae
    LT4 Clutch - Delteq Ignition - K&N CAI - Pacesetter LT Headers - Magnaflow Exhaust - Unbalanced Engineering/Koni Suspension
    LS1 Brakes/Drive Shaft - T2R Diff - 373's - much more...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BLK95-Z For This Post:

LTXTech Sponsor

Status

Had a great time meeting new people and seeing friends and faces from previous years. It really was a blast.

All of the drivers and crew seemed to be very pleased with the way everything was ran and I'll have to leave it to them to comment on that since I was not actually running a car or part of one specific pit crew. As I walked around and anyone needed anything I would pitch in but not tied to one crew.

From a sepctator standpoint and as someone that has been around drag strips and some pretty fast cars my entire life I can say that the track prep was spot on. It was prepped early and often and just before the big guys every round.

Anyone saying that they are not gonna make the Shootout because the track can't hold their car should check out the ET's that were laid down even in the weather we had (2500 DA or so???).

The nitrous cars were able to leave on as much as they wanted and could ramp in the rest as quick as they wanted on this track.

Lots of good races through out the day including the showdown in Outlaw semi finals between Jeff and Carlos where the time slip had to have been .0x apart (hundredths of a second) ALL THE WAY down the track (RT, 60, 330, 660, 1000 and at the traps).

Carlos took the win but knew he was up against a tough # in the finals with Tony and probably focused on that. Jeff seemed to be more excited and happy about the race even though he lost. SOMEHOW that car and parts list (anyone there knows what I am talking about) took ono of the yearly heavy hitters (and last years champ) right to the end and Jeff was ecstatic about accomplishing that with the car he brought.

Jeff was the underdog and easy to cheer for but when Jeff brings the car back next year it will be a much different animal and he might not be considered the "underdog", LOL.

That race was only to be followed up by what EVERYONE was waiting for all weeked . . . . . . . Carlos vs Tony.

Another great race and after the race Carlos was really happy for Tony and the 8.45 he laid down. He KNOWS the bar has been raised and anyone that has been around Carlos for long at all knows that he is up to the task.

Better DA next year and the list of Outlaw competitors growing (and I say "competitors", not just "participants") in the class with all of the drivers having a VERY STRONG "will to win" will make for some awesome action. There will be some VERY FAST passes made that are just not good enough to be in the finals.

I cant wait!!!!

Lloyd
    Last edited by NightTrain66; 09-08-2015 at 11:45 PM.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NightTrain66 For This Post:

LTXTech Sponsor

Status

I believe we were ALL blown away by Kyrie Smiths 3rd gen with rear mount turbo in the Mod PA class athat ran a 9.0 @ 160+ then pulled back up and laid down a MIND BLOWING 8.28 @ 165 pass!!!!

WTF!?!?!?!? seemed to be the general consensus and it did not take long before his car was surrounded by people to check out the car.

A/C, power steering, exhaust, etc, etc. WTF as many times as you wanna say it.

I believe EVERONE loved the car (unless your car was aginst him in Mod P/A)..

Impressed with dawdaws car and the way it ran. He even bout a ton of pizza for the parking lot party. I mean really, a ton of pizza. We all ate and STILL had pizza stacked around.

Thanks again man.

Ryan Stouts car trapped 147 MPH and was gonna impress some people too before he wounded a head gasket (hopefully thats all it is).

We had a blast and will see you guys next year.

Lloyd
    Last edited by NightTrain66; 09-08-2015 at 11:46 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NightTrain66 For This Post:

Was nice to meet you Lloyd, you are quite the charector

BTW, who got longest haul this year? Think NJ crew took that?
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

18. The Following User Says Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Was AWESOME meeting you both finally, Lloyd and SNM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast