Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jim
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

Sticking a ls into anyother car is no different than sticking it in his current car. Lots of different diehards for other cars can give the same argument regarding the engine placement in another car. It is hard to argue the results in a ls based motor dollar for dollar between our platform and the ls. If I had stuck all the money I have into mine in a ls I would be way ahead of where I currently am. I have built some wicked setups with both platforms. I'm not a ls fanboy but the facts are the facts and have been proven ttime and time again. Both have their own weakness. I appreciate the fact he is keeping the style car he likes. I would agree with him 100% on which style car looks better when it comes to the camaro. If it makes him happy that's all that counts. I personally wish there were more aftermarket support with product for the lt motors. It would make life a lot easier for us than having to modify other platform parts to work with ours. That is what drives the build cost up just to try and stay on the same levels of the ls. They have such a large aftermarket that it really is a no brainer for some with less funds to get the hp level they are looking for.
    1996 camaro Z28, Clayton racing 398, Rossler TH350 rmvb with brake, FTI billet race converter 4400, Dana S60 with 4.10's, 300 shot, Accel DFI controlled, UMI, Spohn, PA racing, QA1's, Baer brakes, 325/45/17 M&H, Caged, Corbeau's, Simpson, etc.
    From zero to fuck yeah in 3 seconds.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

there is one difference.... this is an LT specific site and although most of us appreciate many dif engine platforms many of us are LT "LOYAL." Trying to keep the breed alive ...ya know?

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
    LTXtech.com

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jim
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

Oh I get it. I have three lt1 cars as you know. I'm all about keeping it alive. In the end though we are all car guys/girls. I don't think he should have a guilt trip with his discision though. While this site is a ltx site, its the people here that make it what it is... not just loyalty to a platform. Showing any negative twords a platform just because it isn't what the masses here have would make this forum no different than the other tech site who seem to bash our platform. Personally I am a car guy... not a brand specific type of guy. I appreciate anyone's build up no matter the brand. In the end we all have a love for what we have and mod or drive. People shouldn't be shunned for choices they make just because it doesn't match what the majority of people have on this site. This is just my opinion but I would hope that if down the road if I say sold my cars and got something different I could still expect to be on this site enjoying the friends I have made. I come on here moreso to see what everyone is up to and enjoy the people here. If I were to post in a off topic area with say a couple of the cars I'm building for guys I would hope just because I posted it I wouldn't get blasted because it isn't a ltx. I like to see what others are doing as well outside the platform.
    1996 camaro Z28, Clayton racing 398, Rossler TH350 rmvb with brake, FTI billet race converter 4400, Dana S60 with 4.10's, 300 shot, Accel DFI controlled, UMI, Spohn, PA racing, QA1's, Baer brakes, 325/45/17 M&H, Caged, Corbeau's, Simpson, etc.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JPack For This Post:

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans am

I realize lt specific and I probably will stay.... said many times I enjoy the community over ls...... the only reason is I have a block and parts are cheap from who im getting them from. .... may just find another project or build motor n sell....I honestly dk way to early to tell

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    94 Z28 Camaro

I agree with jpack and I think all of us on this site love GM cars and trucks.I had two LS camaros and I'm sure if I didn't have to sell my last one I would be doing a turbo build on that one instead of the LT.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    94 Z28 TURBO BUILD in progress

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by JPack View Post
    Oh I get it. I have three lt1 cars as you know. I'm all about keeping it alive. In the end though we are all car guys/girls. I don't think he should have a guilt trip with his discision though. While this site is a ltx site, its the people here that make it what it is... not just loyalty to a platform. Showing any negative twords a platform just because it isn't what the masses here have would make this forum no different than the other tech site who seem to bash our platform. Personally I am a car guy... not a brand specific type of guy. I appreciate anyone's build up no matter the brand. In the end we all have a love for what we have and mod or drive. People shouldn't be shunned for choices they make just because it doesn't match what the majority of people have on this site. This is just my opinion but I would hope that if down the road if I say sold my cars and got something different I could still expect to be on this site enjoying the friends I have made. I come on here moreso to see what everyone is up to and enjoy the people here. If I were to post in a off topic area with say a couple of the cars I'm building for guys I would hope just because I posted it I wouldn't get blasted because it isn't a ltx. I like to see what others are doing as well outside the platform.
    I never said, nor do I think any one said he or anyone else with a different platform would be shunned... NEVER.

As an example :If I was a member of the KKK and you as a black male came to a meeting, THE MAJORITY, would not agree with your trying to change the ways of the masses. (now thats an extreme example...but you get the idea.)

Like being on a chevy site, saying you wanna put a DOHC 4.6 in your camaro.

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

AND ONCE AGAIN... NO ONE (except CALL911) is shunning anyone for leaving LT1s for anything else..... He asked for opinions, and thats what many of us are doing. THATS ALL.

And yes @JPack I know your keeping the LTs alive, lol.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

AND ONCE AGAIN... NO ONE (except CALL911) is shunning anyone for leaving LT1s for anything else..... He asked for opinions, and thats what many of us are doing. THATS ALL.

And yes @JPack I know your keeping the LTs alive, lol.

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jim
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

The shunning statement was more of a general statement... not saying the o.p was shunned.

The kkk thing is not even close to what I was meaning. That's a bit extreme.

My question is this....
    How is it not ok to put a ls based motor in a lt car and talked about on here vs. putting a ltx in a non ltx based car such as a 240? While the engine does pertain to this site the car doesn't. So how is it any different than putting a non ltx based engine into a ltx based car? What if someone was doing this and we have the knowledge base on how to wire a engine into a ltx based car such as how to make the guages work? With that said, this post was put in the lounge. Guy was posting up that he had one and thought about putting it in his car or another project. I would hope that if I came on here or anyone else, had a non ltx question about say maybe their daily driver they ae having a problem with, that person could feel comfortable asking for help. Since most guys work on their own cars or others work at shops could help that person out.

Not trying to start an arguement or ruffle feathers, just wondering why when anyone mentions the dreaded ls based motors its like people got kicked in the nuts. I suspect its from the other sites carrying over the bad blood over the years of the ls guys thinking they have an engine touched by God himself over our little old ltx engine. We have all heard it before and everyone has got so defensive standing up for our little piece of automotive history. I personally love our engines. I have taken mine to the extreme and don't regret doing it nor the money I have thrown at it. I just think the second someone mentions anything other than a ltx engine they should be allowed to without feeling guilty about it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JPack For This Post:

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jim
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

And POPO I'm not saying all of this happened in this thread... but it does happen here. Its more of a general statement.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JPack For This Post:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast