Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Default Stock Closed TPS Spark Advance vs. RPM table

Can anyone shoot me a stock "Closed TPS Spark Advance vs. RPM" table, in spreadsheet form?

I'm trying to help someone with erratic idle advance, jumping rapidly all over the place from 7-deg to 22-deg. He's in Turkey, and can't produce a full log so I can look for whatever is causing the problem. There's also the issue that he found someone who has been tuning his 97 with DST software, so no limits on how badly this could be screwed up. Not to mention the language barrier.

TIA

Fred

The only time I have seen something like this it was mechanical, as in loose timing chain or opti

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Thanks for the response.

Just figured this out. The guy from Turkey posted a video of his scanner showing advance and knock retard. When viewed at normal speed the knock retard was “0”, but the numbers had a shadow at times. The advance was jumping up and down. When I viewed the video one frame at a time, he was getting spikes of knock retard, which corresponded to the irrational reductions of advance.

Apparently the scanner screen display rate and the video frames/second conflicted and caused the retard numbers to be hidden.

I'll tell him to check the passenger side motor mount. Might be loose.

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Jim
    Vehicle
    1996 Roadmaster wagon

I can get you one from our 1996 RMW, which is OBDII but very little different from earlier, it appears. I would be off my DST tuner program read so a screenshot on the computer.

Will that work?

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

a stock closed tps vs spark advance table is only going to tell you so much, because the lt1 pcm has that random up to 5* spark advance vs coolant temp adder that many people dont know about or notice. Ill dig around and see if i have the explanation for that table from gearhead-efi (i had it bookmarked somewhere).

Ill export a stock closed tps table to excel and email to you shortly @Injuneer
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Got it.

Thanks !

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post: