Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Erik
    Vehicle
    1997 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    The 4" is a tight squeeze, but it won't rattle because it's wedged in there.
    Yup, looked nice and tight under there. Seemed like a really clean car overall, got any more pics?

Btw, I was thinking about buying some poly motor mounts for when the headers goes in. I mean, I probably never get as good of a chance to do it again.. and to my understanding it is almost necessary to raise the motor a bit for one of the headers to go in. So to do it I have to loosen the motor mount on one side at least.

Damn, it quickly adds up.. I haven't even gotten my headers yet and I'm already thinking about stiffer swaybars, sound damping and better springs/dampers.. and new bushings everywhere. I want it to be quick, but also feel tight and nimble. The exact opposite of today. ^^

I love my car, but the fact that my fathers VW Golf (Rabbit in the states?) has pretty much the same size brake discs as my car is laughable. His car is from -83 and has 41 diesel hp.. anyway, enough bashing, this has been my dream car since back in -98 when I was 13 frickin' years old. That's when I saw one for the first time, a black -94 and I still have its license plate number in my head lol! xD

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jonathan Englund
    Vehicle
    1994 z28/1994 formula

Have a friend with the ssbc brake upgrade and he likes it. I would also suggest looking into the c5 brakes swap

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    94' Z28 A4 black: turbo build in progress
    94' Formula A4 red: 355, 11.5:1cr, LE 231/239 cam, comp promags, lpp's, Yank stall, 3:42's, Solomon tune
    07' Impala A4: 180000 miles of stockness

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Erik
    Vehicle
    1997 Formula

Yeah I will probably do so in the future.. good brakes are important. Btw, I just ordered two 24" O2 header extensions. Was thinking about ordering some rear O2 simulators, do you have any suggestions on which ones I should buy? And how many will I need? Two?

Looks like my order has been delayed two weeks, so if we're gonna be realistic the headers won't be installed until sometime in August. That sucks.

I know I will get a CEL-light if I don't tune it or use fake 02-sensors, but will I be able to drive the car for a few weeks until the snow comes when I finally have installed the headers? If so - tuning the PCM can be a winter project with no stress.

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Erik
    Vehicle
    1997 Formula

Just wanted to say that I canceled my order for header bolts since some other bolts were included from the beginning without me knowing that.

So instead I ordered a Dynomax Race Bullet Muffler 24248. It should come in handy somewhere in my exhaust build.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jonathan Englund
    Vehicle
    1994 z28/1994 formula

You'll need 2 Simulators. I've never used them though so idk. Personally I would just put it together and see if the sensors do anything. 24" extensions aught to be gods plenty. Iirc I only used one 12" extension for my lpp headers. Drivers side reached

94' Formula A4 red: 355, 11.5:1cr, LE 231/239 cam, comp promags, lpp's, Yank stall, 3:42's, Solomon tune

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Erik
    Vehicle
    1997 Formula

Yeah I kinda knew that 24" was a bit much, but since I always have to wait 3-4 weeks for everything I order I rather be safe than sorry. It's easier to shorten something down than to extend it. ^^ Now I'm gonna look for some poly motor mounts.. do you have an opinion on this issue?

Btw, a huge thanks to everyone who has responded to this thread, especially @englundjd, all you guys rock! I'm a total noob but I have learned a ton of stuff since the start of this thread!

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jonathan Englund
    Vehicle
    1994 z28/1994 formula

Poly mounts will help a lot, but be aware... you will get more vibration from the drivetrain.

Lurker

Status

If going Poly mounts...get Black vs red Energy Suspension ones

Use a OEM rubber tranny mount with Poly engine mounts, IMHO.
    96 BBB 383/T56

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jonathan Englund
    Vehicle
    1994 z28/1994 formula

@BALLSS why black over red? Is there a difference?

Lurker

Status

From ES website:

Question: What is the difference between the Energy Suspension® red and black polyurethane components?
    Answer: Both are Energy's HYPER-FLEX™ performance polyurethane formulations. Few of our selected black polyurethane components contain graphite to add a lubrication property. It is not added to the red because black graphite discolors the red polyurethane. Graphite does not compromise our polyurethane formulas.
    Last edited by BALLSS; 07-07-2016 at 05:49 PM.
    96 BBB 383/T56

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast