Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    VIP Member

Status

Bahahaaha ferret moderator isn't scared to drop the ban hammer

Prev: 94 Formula V8 M6 - R.I.P. / 96 Trans Am WS6 M6 - Sold / 00 Firebird 3.8 M5 - Sold
    Current: 94 Camaro Z28 A4
    Jesse

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Badbird_96 For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird96WS6 View Post
    Then they'll all come over to our site here and start acting like a bunch of cuntbags again and we'll have to ban them all when they start trolling lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badbird_96 View Post
    Bahahaaha ferret moderator isn't scared to drop the ban hammer
    True Dat!

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
    LTXtech.com

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Lurker

Status

Ruining? Half of the 93-97 Fbombs are sitting on front lawns with trash in them. I think our owners ruined it for themselves lol.
    1993 z28 - stalled and bolted

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

Hope GM makes a connect and cruise kit..... Be a great addition to phase 3 of Camille

MAD ABOUT LTX's

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 1970 Firebird Espirit, 1972 Camaro Sport Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    i agree.

did u see the lost fastbird made that showed 22 years between first and second lt1 and 22 years between second lt1 and the new one?

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
    LTXtech.com
    I am kind of in to it now after hearing the 22 year diff analogy because I was 22 when my first son came along and he was 22 when his first son came along too so the 22 year thing goes along with me for as far as I am concerned as good stuff goes and since my son is a better version of me I know Sam will be a better version of him so it sits well with me. I guess I just like the fact that LT1 will stay around for that much longer and others will come to enjoy it as much as we do now even if it comes in different flavors. In my mind when somebody says "LT1" my first thought was of the Corvette engine making 370 hp but then again I have actually driven one of these cars and at that time the 93 Z28 was not out yet so it still kind of holds the solid cam ect ect mindset to me
    If you don't stand behind our MIlitary then feel free to stand in front of them. <---- This is my oldest son (PROUD DAD HERE) Mike (just plain mad) Madman337 1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 all stock other than a muffler and LCAs @292K+ miles. 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. 1972 Camaro, 1994 Corvette, ​17 Fusion Sport AWD V6 Twin Turbo

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Vehicle
    1992 convertible camaro

Kiinda cool they put the LT1 name back on a bad ass engine. Direct Injection is gonna be the next big thing to come to a lot of cars.

o quote a few sites. I find these spec's for a off the assemble line awersome..

At 74 horsepower per liter, the LT1 has greater power density than the C6 Corvette’s LS3 6.2L engine and even the C6 Z06’s racing-derived 7.0L LS7. It also produces comparable torque to the LS7 – up to 4,700 rpm – and its peak torque is within 5 lb-ft of the 7.0L engine. That torque is generated early and sustained across the rpm band, with 316 lb-ft available at only 1,000 rpm and 90 percent of peak torque available from 3,000 rpm to 5,500 rpm – giving the lightweight Corvette Stingray excellent acceleration at all speeds.
    The LT1 has the highest horsepower ever in a standard Corvette.
    Good read here..
    http://www.hotrod.com/feature_storie...lt1_v8_engine/

It will be just the the rest of the gm engines. Everyone put LT1's in stuff with L98's,etc.. to UPGRADE
    Some LT1 people (downgraded) to LSX's..lol (ok I'll admit LSx's do make great power and is a killer design also)
    The New hot motor swap will be the new LT1 also. Just a matter of time. (like the LSx swaps)
    '92 vert with 383 LT1 | 78mm turbonetics turbo, Tial 50mm BOV , Tial 44mm waste gate | Ported heads | Intake Drilled for MSD Pro Billet Distrib|Callies crank & rods | JE Pistons | T56 | spohon suspention.
    '97 Camaro LT1 /T56 | Longtubes | O/R Y pipe | Magnaflow cat back | K&N CAI | CSR EWP | Dynoed 292rwhp /321 rwtq Best et. 13.1@107 w/ 2.07 Sixty ft.
    ~Custom Made Billet Emblems | Thermal ,Ceramic & Powder Coatings ,etc.. Just PM me~

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Gavin Ammerman
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

To answer the question to if we'll be having a GEN V LT1 class at the Shootout.. the answer is yes. We plan on integrating the GEN V's into their own classes. If not this shootout, then definitely the next! Can't wait to see what kinda numbers these motors throw out there.
    '94 Z28 Camaro, LT1 A4. 1.6 CompCams rocker arms, 17x10 Chrome ZR1's all the way around, carbon fiber radio delete panel, hooker long tubes, and many more things to come.

Last I heard, direct injection presents several safety concerns & as such, GM is adding extra security to the PCMs making them harder to access & tune. If that's the case, this LT1 may be nothing more than a novelty.

Another thing that helped the LS1 is that LSx engines started popping up in everything. They're readily available in every junkyard in the country. If This LT1 is just for the performance crowd... it may not last as long as our LT1

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

3.4L to LT1 Swapper

Status
    Name
    Brian Meissen
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro "Red Alert"; 2022 Camaro LT1 RS

They were implementing an "uncrackable" PCM, but it's already been hacked. The LT1 is available in the trucks, and the 5th generation v8s will be implemented in every v8 application.

- Brian Meissen -
    "Magic Man" - LTxTech
    Owner - Michigan FBody Association

1994 Chevrolet Camaro "Red Alert" [ LT1 Transplant ]
    2022 Chevrolet Camaro LT1 RS "Cherry Bomb 6.2"

Quote Originally Posted by meissen View Post
    They were implementing an "uncrackable" PCM, but it's already been hacked. The LT1 is available in the trucks, and the 5th generation v8s will be implemented in every v8 application.
    That's good to hear. Haven't heard much about them since they came out.

PoPo8..... I'm not telling you how to run your business, but maybe we need to go ahead & add a place for people who are already hacking the LT1s to commune.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast