Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

nice, my plan when building the motor was to do a procharger, but then i got super lucky to win the raffle for this turbo kit

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

got the hotside mocked up and turbo mounted last weekend, ended up having to do some cutting on the BMR k member to make it fit right but it all clears now no problem. next up is intercooler and cold side piping to see how that all fits and then fit the radiator and see what i have for room with that and if i will have to stand it up, right now it is looking like i might not have to which would be sweet. i am off work tomorrow so will probably tackle the cold side stuff providing it isn't too cold in my garage. i want to get the whole kit mocked up and installed to see what i need to clearance or change to fit it, then i want to get the hot side ceramic coated and re-wrapped before installing everything for good.

pic i snapped after getting the turbo bolted up

IMG_20190118_194659_160.jpg

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hokeplaya05 For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Oh I like where this is going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

got some time and decent temperatures this past weekend to work on the car a little. i think i have the turbo placement correct now and got all the cold side piping and intercooler mocked up and in place. definitely want to simplify the cold side piping at some point, seems like i can cut down some of the pipes and weld a couple of them together as well to reduce the number of couplers needed in the system, will have to talk to my buddy who works at a shop near my house about that. looks like the rad will work in the stock location but thinking i will need slimmer fans or flip the stock ones to pusher fans. still need to make sure the downpipe fits and see where the crossover ends up in relation to the catback that is already on the car. only other thing(s) i need for the car to be a runner (besides a tune) is to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors. probably going with 80lb injectors so i will be good when i want to turn the boost up eventually but I'm torn between doing a home made dual 255 setup like Sean had or toss a single 450 pump in there. any pros/cons to either pump setup? or if anyone has any suggestions i am all ears. hoping to get the exhaust side and fan setup figured out this week/weekend if i have time then it will all be coming off for ceramic coating or painting if i can't find someone to coat the hot side and heat wrapped.

Just run pusher fans, the pricey ones from Derale. Big aftermarket relays for them, and trigger em off PCM for hi/lo

IMO, the dual 255s may limit you if you push it hard later on, but they def will work fine with sub 800hp levels.

If you want to get crazy, I would suggest making the downpipe larger diameter, or have a cutout right under the car.

Otherwise, check out POR15 black velvet and then wrap it with the titanium DEI stuff.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

okay cool, i will look those up

I'm not sure this car will ever see over 800 with a 6 speed, if i go that crazy I'd really be tempted to swap the motor/turbo setup into an auto car and go full race car with it. IIRC Sean was making around 740whp at 14lbs with the dual 255's and i have more cubes than he did. just wasn't sure if the big single pump would make more sense than modifying for dual 255's.

already have an electric cutout in the front part of the catback (was right after the y pipe merge) so was hoping that would be good enough when i want to rage it lol

I'll check out the por15 black velvet, I've used regular por15 a bunch on the frame of my truck so I'm familiar with it, was planning on the titanium DEI stuff too, heard good things

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

I second the motion on the pricey Derale units. Those and a big BeCool radiator worked on my no airflow Trans Am front end.

The twin 255's will be fine. I'm getting ready to see how far they can actually be pushed (another month or two and my Vette will be running, and I'm aiming at 1K RWHP on stock lines/twin 255's).

P.S. I was running a 383 also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    I second the motion on the pricey Derale units. Those and a big BeCool radiator worked on my no airflow Trans Am front end.

The twin 255's will be fine. I'm getting ready to see how far they can actually be pushed (another month or two and my Vette will be running, and I'm aiming at 1K RWHP on stock lines/twin 255's).

P.S. I was running a 383 also.
    I am gonna say it won't happen if you are band aiding injector size with high fuel pressure.

I "think" Brian runs a base 55psi and was running out of fuel up top on his. 80# sticks and ~750rwhp thru M6 @blackbirdws6

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    I am gonna say it won't happen if you are band aiding injector size with high fuel pressure.

I "think" Brian runs a base 55psi and was running out of fuel up top on his. 80# sticks and ~750rwhp thru M6 @blackbirdws6
    Base pressure is 42 psi like stock. Just about out of pump at 777rwhp on stock lines and rails.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdws6 View Post
    Base pressure is 42 psi like stock. Just about out of pump at 777rwhp on stock lines and rails.
    I was close

I would run triple 255s fastbird or, double 450s

Sorry for thread hijack OP

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast