Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Dan Dalessandro
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

Default New member from south east Michigan

Howdy ya'll.. Wait I'm not from the south. I mean hello everybody! As you can see I have a terrible sense of humor. I haven't slept in like 20 hours. I'm too excited because the weather is finally starting to get nice in Michigan! Woohoo!
    So, about me. As you can probably guess, my name is Dan. I'm a college student studying mechanical engineering. I bought my 97 z28 back in march of 2014. March 21,2014 to be exact! I wanted an LT1.. and it had to be a camaro too. Don't get me wrong, I like Firebirds and Trans Ams. But the Camaro is just what I wanted more. So what got me into camaros. Well my cousin, had a 94 z28. This thing was a machine. Little ol LT1 pumped up to a 383. He was probably around 450. He never had it dynoed. Well he sold the car a year or so before I bought mine sadly. But I like his car so much, I said heck I want one. That want turned into NEED. His car was so loud, it set of alarms in wide open parking lots. His exhaust setup? Shorty headers, no cats, and the stock exhaust. It was a quasar blue too. This is probably the longest intro posted on here, my apologies!

My car is currently under construction however I ran into a ton of problems when the summer ended. Good ol fashion cooling problems. I finally had it all sorted. Then the water pump started leaking so I called it quits, and now she sits in the back garage, wanting to be fixed.

I've heard of this site, never took to the time to check it out and sign up. I'm happy to be in a environment where we appreciate the LT1, instead of hate on it like some other sites Because after all, isn't the new corvette using the LTx platform again, and not the LSx platform?

TL;DR: I'm a loser kid from michigan who has a LT1 and dislikes some LS1 operators because they hate on the LT1.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dan For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Welcome to the "family" Dan...

Excellent intro... tell us about ur plans and goals for the car.

Scour the forum and im sure u will find lots of useful information... we all love the lt and it makes us a "special" breed.

Now... post up some pics and once again... welcome.

Btw.... our admin @meissen has a forum called mifbody which may cover some closer activities for u.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

3.4L to LT1 Swapper

Status
    Name
    Brian Meissen
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro "Red Alert"; 2022 Camaro LT1 RS

aw man I gotta deal with Dan on two sites now?!

- Brian Meissen -
    "Magic Man" - LTxTech
    Owner - Michigan FBody Association

1994 Chevrolet Camaro "Red Alert" [ LT1 Transplant ]
    2022 Chevrolet Camaro LT1 RS "Cherry Bomb 6.2"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to meissen For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Dan Dalessandro
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by meissen View Post
    aw man I gotta deal with Dan on two sites now?!
    You sure do!

But here is some pics of my ride and a little more info on it.
    It is a M6, T-top car. I have a project thread on MiFbody, that I may bring over here too, seeing we have more LT1 experts on here.
    But my goals for the car is to get it running properly. It's my DD from spring-fall. I really enjoy taking it to my school because there are A LOT of ricers and mustangs.. Maybe I have, maybe I haven't raced them. I'll leave it to your imagination
    The morning after I bought the car
    IMG_20140322_134225_596.jpg
    My custom plates. Before you ask.. it's night rider. Like the movie. But its like rider of the night.. night rider!
    IMG_20140406_181351_377.jpg
    Had these covers on the car when I had angel eyes in. Opinions?
    Old Front.jpg
    Last picture of the car before I started having problems.
    IMG_20150210_132628.jpg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan For This Post:

Lurker

Status

Welcome .
    97 firehawk m6 with a forged long rod 355 stock heads and intake soon to be upgraded to LE 21* tfs heads and a big ass cam , rpm built level 5 t56 trans s60 with 4.30 gears umi suspension walbro pump and hot wire kit and a spinning best 12.36 @ 114 crap 60 foot.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 97firehawk For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    rob
    Vehicle
    1993 z28

Welcome, love the wheels, quite a few sick lt1 s in your neck of the woods from what i been readin...
    BUILD THREAD PROJECT "BAIL MONEY"93 Z28 STOCK BOTTOM END/HEADS, MSD COIL, MSD 6AL, MSD 8972 RETARD, L.E. CAM 227/235 565/579 110 LSA, COMP 1.6 RR, PCM OF NC TUNE, PACESETTER LTS, !CATS/EMISSIONS, ORY, DUMPED BULLET, EDGE 3600 STALL, 3:23 10 BOLT, LCAS, RELO BRACKETS, PHB, 125 SHOT - (ALMOST READY TO SPRAY....)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bustedassz28 For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Sean Cross
    Vehicle
    1995 Camaro Z28

Welcome to LTx heaven, car looks really clean, either very well maintained or has seen the inside of a paint booth.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Revolutions For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Dan Dalessandro
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by bustedassz28 View Post
    Welcome, love the wheels, quite a few sick lt1 s in your neck of the woods from what i been readin...
    Thanks. I was thinking about selling them, and getting the stock rims repainted/refurbished. But I decided the Z06 rims look A LOT better. Getting new tires for them too.
    To say we have quite a few sick lt1s is a bit of an understatement
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    Welcome to LTx heaven, car looks really clean, either very well maintained or has seen the inside of a paint booth.
    It looks like the car has had some touch up paint done to it. It came from Florida.. There is little, to no rust on the car. The car will need to see a paint booth soon, at least the hood will. It's not looking pretty.

14.307@98.21, 2.155 60'

97 Z28, M6 with stuff done to it. SHOOTING FOR 12s IN A BOLT ON LT1 BOYS

VIP Member

Status

Hey Dan, do you go to OU? I go to OU... I don't think I've ever seen you there. Very nice car... the wheels look good! I sometimes drive my GTO to school during the car season. LOL... otherwise, I drive a black Forester with Eagles stickers on it. LOL
    '95 Camaro Z28 - 385CI LT1 Turbo - GONE AND SAD
    '04 GTO Yellow Jacket 6 Speed SAP - LM1, 19" AZA Z1s, H/C, LTs, Nitrous Outlet plate set-up
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumbalt1 View Post
    the fans was not on andi guess that the pcm have my car going high power because oil started to come out thw valve covers

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Dan Dalessandro
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

LOL what! Yeah I go to OU, I drive a white buick park avenue during the winter and when the camaro isn't running. I think I may have seen your GTO there. You should bring that camaro up to school when it gets warm out, and park in P1 parking lot one day. But hell, it's a small world isnt it?

14.307@98.21, 2.155 60'

97 Z28, M6 with stuff done to it. SHOOTING FOR 12s IN A BOLT ON LT1 BOYS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast