Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 72 of 84 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon++S View Post
    Just curious. What and how much are you planning to gain out of this intake set up?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    better cylinder distribution with more nitrous. like to be bottom 11's on motor, maybe a hair better but i dont think it has it in it without a major diet, mid 9's on 200ish jets with a nitrous outlet stinger 2 plate.

oh, and because it looks cool

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Brandon++S
    Vehicle
    1997 camaro z28

I see. I thought you were mid 9's already. Definitely looks cool! I would like to see a pic of your new muffler setup. Sounds awesome

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brandon++S For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon++S View Post
    I see. I thought you were mid 9's already. Definitely looks cool! I would like to see a pic of your new muffler setup. Sounds awesome

9.90/9.93, not yet, soon

ill get you a pic tomorrow. its blue and round lol portermufflers dot com

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

porters muffler

2021 Charger Scat 392

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

one thing ive avoided, but now its happening.

me and @Ltconvert dropping the motor

2021 Charger Scat 392

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

welp, we found it. so far only passenger side head off, but here it is. looks like #7 ate the electrode, like it broke off, and wedged between the valve/valve seat and head.

shit.

all exhaust valves have pitting on the seat surface, like rust pitting, as well as the seats themselves. exhaust guides have some play too. not sure how much this is gonna be, but oh well.

good news is bore looks fine, piston looks fine, rings look fine. thank you @Injuneer for using good parts when you built this.

also glaring obvious is the LT intake distribution issues when fogging infront of tb, can see the lead on the exhaust valves less and less from front to back.

2021 Charger Scat 392

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I originally suggested a plate for the dry nitrous. Second Street said no way, plate cylinder-to-cylinder nitrous distribution was terrible in the LT intake. They moved the nozzles as far forward as we could. Then using the injectors for all the fuel insured good fuel distribution. Bill was pulling all the plugs after the engine dyno pulls to look for signs of imbalance.

The BME pistons were custom made. They don’t sell off-the-shelf. It was explained to me that the pistons were very heavy, due to the heavier crown to handle the nitrous. The top ring was dropped maybe an extra 1/4” to get it out of the heat. (I wish I had taken a picture of one of the pistons). The lower ring pack and the higher pin for the 5.85” rods apparently cause the piston to rock more. The heavy weight and additional rock were explained as contributing to the “low” HP running NA.

When I put the NOS dry nitrous kit on it about 6 months after I bought the car new, I burned the electrodes off the plugs. I was running an aftermarket AFPR, and it didn’t respond correctly to the added pressure on the vacuum compensation port, applied by a slipstream of the nitrous, regulated through a CO2 regulator to boost the fuel pressure upwards to 80-90 PSI.

At first NOS thought the inline booster pump might have been bad. I lived less than an hour from the NOS facility in Cali, so they told me to bring the Bosch pump in so they could test it. Pump was fine, so I mentioned the aftermarket AFPR, and they said to try putting the stock FPR back in. That mostly solved the burned electrode problem. NGK plugs without the extended nose also helped. I realized at that point I was probably one of the first people running the 125 HP NOS 5176-EO dry kit. Really a nice boot in the ass on a basically stock engine. Surprised a Viper one night when it was running correctly.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    I originally suggested a plate for the dry nitrous. Second Street said no way, plate cylinder-to-cylinder nitrous distribution was terrible in the LT intake. They moved the nozzles as far forward as we could. Then using the injectors for all the fuel insured good fuel distribution. Bill was pulling all the plugs after the engine dyno pulls to look for signs of imbalance.

The BME pistons were custom made. They dont sell off-the-shelf. It was explained to me that the pistons were very heavy, due to the heavier crown to handle the nitrous. The top ring was dropped maybe an extra 1/4 to get it out of the heat. (I wish I had taken a picture of one of the pistons). The lower ring pack and the higher pin for the 5.85 rods apparently cause the piston to rock more. The heavy weight and additional rock were explained as contributing to the low HP running NA.

When I put the NOS dry nitrous kit on it about 6 months after I bought the car new, I burned the electrodes off the plugs. I was running an aftermarket AFPR, and it didnt respond correctly to the added pressure on the vacuum compensation port, applied by a slipstream of the nitrous, regulated through a CO2 regulator to boost the fuel pressure upwards to 80-90 PSI.

At first NOS thought the inline booster pump might have been bad. I lived less than an hour from the NOS facility in Cali, so they told me to bring the Bosch pump in so they could test it. Pump was fine, so I mentioned the aftermarket AFPR, and they said to try putting the stock FPR back in. That mostly solved the burned electrode problem. NGK plugs without the extended nose also helped. I realized at that point I was probably one of the first people running the 125 HP NOS 5176-EO dry kit. Really a nice boot in the ass on a basically stock engine. Surprised a Viper one night when it was running correctly.
    it is what it is if the fuel filter didnt plug that i had just put in it wouldnt have ate the plug and caused this.

it will be fixed, it will be back. it could be much worse, those bme pistons are bad ass. surprised by a felpro 1074 and the fact that this is all the damage, a testament to the build quality, figured the head gasket wouldve been nuked too

i have stuff i wanted to change on here for a while too and now the car is wide open for some work. fuel lines will be rerouted, unnecessary wires removed, etc. guess this gave me a reason lol

she will live on!

2021 Charger Scat 392

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

This looks like the perfect time to get her setup for a turbo.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    This looks like the perfect time to get her setup for a turbo.
    .......this fuggin guy........

2021 Charger Scat 392

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Page 72 of 84 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast