Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

The hatch latch assembly bolts to a bracket on the rear filler panel with three bolts. There is a motor release mechanism attached in front of the latch assembly. If your car has been gutted, and the carpet in the hatch well removed, the assembly should be fully visible. If they gutted it, maybe they even removed the release motor mechanism to save weight

I'll take a look at the setup in my car later today. I removed the hatch well carpet, so the mechanism is visible. I'll take a picture and see if I can upload it.

The site seems to be having a problem posting anything that has a link embedded in it. @meissen is trying to fix it. So I"m not sure if my picture will post, but I'll try.
    Last edited by Injuneer; 11-21-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

http://www.mediafire.com/file/24bs9k...arked.pdf/file

Sent from my HP Pro Slate 8 using Tapatalk

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

That worked.

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...m=1,2,6&sim=11

This is what I found. I guess it's f working.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

The latch on my 94 (totally stock hatch, purchased new in 1994) is not the same. The circled lever does not exist. That may be just a spring to pop the lid up a fraction of an inch when the latch releases.
    Attached Images Attached Images

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

You can open the hatch by twisting the end of the long, flat shaft that comes from the key cylinder, and passes through the larch mechanism, and sticks out about 1" past the mechanism. If you want to remove the latch assembly, the three bolts are 10mm. If you want to try using the battery, apply 12 volts to the black/white attached to pin A of the release motor connector (connector with orange safety tie), and make sure there is a ground at pin B (black wire). The power runs through a relay, so the current draw might by high on the release motor.
    Last edited by Injuneer; 11-20-2019 at 01:29 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

It just spins. It might be the rod is missing. My old 67 Caprice trunk lock spun around as well I had to get a small friend to crawl in there with a screwdriver to open it to fix the lock with a new one. They come with that rod or bar.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Unfortunately I would need a very small friend to crawl back there....... something to think about for the future, if I decide to keep the car.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Oh crap yeah. That is a bit of a reach too. Drill out the lock then stick a skinny flat blade screwdriver through the hole in to the latch.

Or ask Jose to get his slide hammer yank out the lock then use the skinny flat blade driver.
    Last edited by Stormyweather; 11-20-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris P. Bacon
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

You guys rock!! thank you so much for all taking time to reply.

I for sure do not have the button. My latch also does not have the plastic piece on the latch shown on yours.

I can get back there pretty easy. Twisting the rod did not pop it, but I was afraid to twist too hard. I did snap a pic so you can all see what I have. Could I just unbolt the latch from the hatch itself? Not sure why I didn't think of that before. Then I think the hatch would open just without the part that hooks into the latch. Then just replace the whole latch and lock cylinder with a new one?

IMG_0031.jpg

'94 Formula 6spd
    If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast