Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Lurker

Status
    Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28

That's the whole problem. Everyone wants "something" but when it comes down to it people bail. I haven't seen a successful group purchase in some time. @hokeplaya05 and right now I'm pretty much decided on getting the 35lb VFN replacements after reading that stock 93-97 Z struts are something like 70+lbs. if I read correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Arctic White 1996 Z28. Stock internal LT1, CAI, LM1, MGW Shifter, 3.73's, some suspension junk, and shiny salad shooters (retired). Forgestar F14's 18x10 on all 4. Fun stuff coming soon. Also, Cali smog regulations suck...period. **Insert witty quote here** LT1FTW that is all. Have a nice day.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

Yea I see that all the time on the ls1tech with group purchases. I wonder how different the 93-97 cars are from the 98-02 cars? I cant imagine they are that different...

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28

I'm not too sure either but Gil said it won't work so I didn't bother. They're kinda pricey too so this will do for now.

Arctic White 1996 Z28. Stock internal LT1, CAI, LM1, MGW Shifter, 3.73's, some suspension junk, and shiny salad shooters (retired). Forgestar F14's 18x10 on all 4. Fun stuff coming soon. Also, Cali smog regulations suck...period. **Insert witty quote here** LT1FTW that is all. Have a nice day.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Lance
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro

Take a look at hawksthirdgen for replacement struts supposedly stronger than OE.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by entrebiz View Post
    Take a look at hawksthirdgen for replacement struts supposedly stronger than OE.
    I need struts that are weaker than stock. In other words I need lighter struts that won't fling my hood open once I pull it half way up. Because stock hoods are steel and this is a fiberglass hood which is way lighter.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Dan Dalessandro
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

Maker of the hood would have recommendations. At least Harwood does i think

14.307@98.21, 2.155 60'

97 Z28, M6 with stuff done to it. SHOOTING FOR 12s IN A BOLT ON LT1 BOYS

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Lance
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SJx408 View Post
    I need struts that are weaker than stock. In other words I need lighter struts that won't fling my hood open once I pull it half way up. Because stock hoods are steel and this is a fiberglass hood which is way lighter.

I gotcha. Can't wait to see this finished, will be one of the best looking hoods on an LT if it comes out like i imagine.

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    ??????
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

You could probably make a set of the hood hinges wayyy faster than 6LE could do a group buy. You'd wait a lifetime for them,, like everything I ever ordered,,, and eventually had to have some refunded because I couldn't take one more"oh they didn't show up"

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by entrebiz View Post
    I gotcha. Can't wait to see this finished, will be one of the best looking hoods on an LT if it comes out like i imagine.
    That's what I'm hoping for! That's what this whole project is about. Find something a little outside the box, then mod it some more go one off custom and dare to be different I suppose. Or at the least take the road less traveled..

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAWZ View Post
    You could probably make a set of the hood hinges wayyy faster than 6LE could do a group buy. You'd wait a lifetime for them,, like everything I ever ordered,,, and eventually had to have some refunded because I couldn't take one more"oh they didn't show up"
    I've had some good luck with 6LE thus far. Nothing bad to say about em. Stuff came in 6-8 weeks like quoted in good condition, fit is a little off but that's to be expected with fiberglass. But I agree on the group purchase part lol ain't happenin'

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast