Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Aubrey
    Vehicle
    (2) 1994 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by zooguy View Post
    I have a th400 transmission behind my motor and the ears didn't get cut off as far as I could have so those were running into the transmission tunnel when I jacked up the motor... with a 4 L 60 e transmission or even the 6-speed you might be able to lift the motor higher than I was able to ... make sure before you lift it up you take off the oil sending unit from behind the intake manifold because it will crack against your firewall and you will wind up having a massive oil leak if you don't.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Today I looked for the oil sending unit you referred to @zooguy, but all I found on the back of my intake manifold were block off plates for the EGR valve and EGR valve pipe assembly. It appears the tallest piece on my intake is the fuel pressure regulator. I looked in the GM Service Manual and found the "fuel pump and engine oil pressure indicator switch sensor assembly" above the oil filter. It appears I prolly should remove it before raising the engine. I did find a pic of the "oil pressure sender" in a LT1 rebuild manual that shows it to be at the rear block rail area. The sun was bright today so after I get off work tonight I'll try again with a mirror and flashlight.
    '94 Z28 Red, SLP Ultra Z hood/air box/spoiler, LT1 w/deletions & mods, 4L60e Pro Race build by​ CPT, Pacesetter LTs with stainless Speed Engineering LS1 True Duals, LS1 front brakes, Kenny Brown Double Diamond SFCs.
    '94 Z28 Arctic White, T-tops, retired.

The Nitrous Outlet Junkie

Status
    Name
    Troy
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

In 1992 Corvettes and 1993 F bodies the oil pressure sending unit was located by the oil filter I believe in 1994 they switch to the top of the motor behind the intake manifold.

94 Formula "budget build" #thebeaterbird
    10.177 @128.31 on a lil 250 shot
    350, LT1, carb, LE grind cam, th400, 4k stall, ford 8.8 w/ 4.10s

The Nitrous Outlet Junkie

Status
    Name
    Troy
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

Here's a couple pictures from shbox.com