Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone still mess with Delteq or LTCC?

I know the LS1 pcm is really one of the best options but back in the day these two systems worked fairly well. I kinda liked the Delteq and am still actually considering it. Anyone here messed with them lately?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Delteq went out of business about 8 years ago. No new units, no replacement parts, no tech support. I'm currently helping a guy with an LT1 that runs fine for a few minutes (no, it's not synched to the open->closed loop transition), then starts running like crap. We've ruled out all the usual suspects - heat soaked ICM, heat soaked Opti optical module, overheating fuel pump. After spending hours going through 11 Scan9495 data logs in painful detail over the past 3 months, I'm pretty sure it's the Delteq. Won't be the first Delteq failure I've sorted out. I interfaced with the developer of the Delteq almost 20 years ago when he worked for Electromotive, and sold me one of his first Opti-Eliminator units. He bailed on that system too.

I'm still recommending the Bailey LTCC, and in the 10+ years I've been helping people with LT1 problems, I've never traced a problem back to the LTCC.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Thanks, Fred, that goes to show how far behind the times I am. I guess the question really is can the cost of the LTCC be justified against an LS1 PCM swap? The extra 1000rpm's and tuner access is hard to beat.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Dan Dalessandro
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious95Z28 View Post
    Thanks, Fred, that goes to show how far behind the times I am. I guess the question really is can the cost of the LTCC be justified against an LS1 PCM swap? The extra 1000rpm's and tuner access is hard to beat.

In my opinion, yes and no. 24x is great, and can be done VERY cheap. I don't know if you need a tune with ltcc, but you do with 24x. Regardless, the module for the ltcc is 300ish?

The 24x one is 480 me thinks. But you need a 9697 timing cover. It adds up.

I would go 24x if you REALLY want, you'd be somewhat near the same cost, unless you source like a champ! I'm only 300ish into my 24x

But there is nothing wrong with LTCC, I was thinking about it too.

14.307@98.21, 2.155 60'

97 Z28, M6 with stuff done to it. SHOOTING FOR 12s IN A BOLT ON LT1 BOYS

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    In my opinion, yes and no. 24x is great, and can be done VERY cheap. I don't know if you need a tune with ltcc, but you do with 24x. Regardless, the module for the ltcc is 300ish?

The 24x one is 480 me thinks. But you need a 9697 timing cover. It adds up.

I would go 24x if you REALLY want, you'd be somewhat near the same cost, unless you source like a champ! I'm only 300ish into my 24x

But there is nothing wrong with LTCC, I was thinking about it too.
    Thanks, Dan. It would cost me even more to do the 24x because I'm not willing to give up my double row timing set. I'd have to have the billet cover from efi connection.

@Injuneer Fred, do you have any good pics of your coils and their location? I want to think that they were low mount in the front, correct?

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

See if these help. This wasn't my idea. The guys at Second Street Speed in Perkasie PA had already used this idea on an earlier LT1 8 coil build.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Fred, I kinda like that I just can't see how they did it as clear as I'd like to. I dig that hidden style though!

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Two threaded rods. Outer end thru drilled chassis sheet metal in front of the sway bar brackets. Inner end supported by a steel strap with a 90-deg twist. Each strap attached to bottom of the lower radiator support with a single bolt. Nuts on threaded rods space coils evenly along threaded rods.

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    Two threaded rods. Outer end thru drilled chassis sheet metal in front of the sway bar brackets. Inner end supported by a steel strap with a 90-deg twist. Each strap attached to bottom of the lower radiator support with a single bolt. Nuts on threaded rods space coils evenly along threaded rods.
    Thankyou, you sir are the man!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast