Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Thread: Gm parts help!

"Project Storm Trooper"

Status
    Name
    Tony
    Vehicle
    93 StormTrooper Z28

Default Gm parts help!

so my shop has run in to a major problem and i need some collective help from GM brains.

for the past month or so we have been fighting electrical problems with a 2004 Chevy Suburban (Up Armored) with an 8.1L. after countless hours of chasing wires we found the problem....1 wire going in the back of the fuse block under the hood.

Capture.JPG

this is what we are needing, we can get the part number for the connector its self, but the harness that is labled #5 cant be found. the main problem is we have to sorce all are parts either through the Air Force supply system or a 3rd party company. we are being told that GM no longer supply's the harness needed.

if possible need help trying to find the harness OR if some one can point me to a sorce to get the required parts to re-pin the harness

Official Member of $30k Club ​- Work in progress
    1993 Z28- 24x EFI, Clayton Racing 383ci, F1a w/FMIC, AFR 210's, LE Custom cam, LE LT4 Intake/heads, 80# injectors, 255lph/340lph pumps, T56 Conversion, 9" 4.11 w/spool, LPP LT w/Borla, Full UMI suspension....
    1987 Iroc-Z - Stock Summer DD

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jim
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

http://www.connectorpeople.com/Conne...ARD/1/12193905

There you go man.

There is a new connector. You will have to repin the harness. Grab a pic of the pins on wires and i will shoot you a place to get them.
    Last edited by JPack; 08-09-2014 at 05:12 PM.
    1996 camaro Z28, Clayton racing 398, Rossler TH350 rmvb with brake, FTI billet race converter 4400, Dana S60 with 4.10's, 300 shot, Accel DFI controlled, UMI, Spohn, PA racing, QA1's, Baer brakes, 325/45/17 M&H, Caged, Corbeau's, Simpson, etc.
    From zero to fuck yeah in 3 seconds.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JPack For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by JPack View Post
    http://www.connectorpeople.com/Conne...ARD/1/12193905

There you go man.

There is a new connector. You will have to repin the harness. Grab a pic of the pins on wires and i will shoot you a place to get them.
    Dude, how have I never found that site before! Wow.

Tony, the connector shows to be a MetriPack 280. I know Waytek Wire carries 280 series terminals, I order from them a lot as they're usually cheaper than Mouser in smaller quantities like you'll need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

"Project Storm Trooper"

Status
    Name
    Tony
    Vehicle
    93 StormTrooper Z28

you guys are awesome! i hate the dam suburbans!

1993 Z28- 24x EFI, Clayton Racing 383ci, F1a w/FMIC, AFR 210's, LE Custom cam, LE LT4 Intake/heads, 80# injectors, 255lph/340lph pumps, T56 Conversion, 9" 4.11 w/spool, LPP LT w/Borla, Full UMI suspension....

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jim
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    Dude, how have I never found that site before! Wow.

Tony, the connector shows to be a MetriPack 280. I know Waytek Wire carries 280 series terminals, I order from them a lot as they're usually cheaper than Mouser in smaller quantities like you'll need.
    I do a lot of wiring...
    1996 camaro Z28, Clayton racing 398, Rossler TH350 rmvb with brake, FTI billet race converter 4400, Dana S60 with 4.10's, 300 shot, Accel DFI controlled, UMI, Spohn, PA racing, QA1's, Baer brakes, 325/45/17 M&H, Caged, Corbeau's, Simpson, etc.
    From zero to fuck yeah in 3 seconds.

"Project Storm Trooper"

Status
    Name
    Tony
    Vehicle
    93 StormTrooper Z28

@Fastbird @JPack

you guys are awesome, got the needed parts ordered today! 11 years of being a mechanic and in the past month i have learned more about electrical then i ever have....

FYI the Powerprobe III is AWESOME!

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Yeah, love mine. Finally broke down and bought one earlier this year (got it for $65 on a special) and only used it a few times but it's awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.