Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Default Shout Out to JaysZ2893

@jaysz2893

Jay hooked me up big time recently. My wife and kids were visiting some friends in DE who are stationed at Dover. Couple of weeks ago she's heading back to her families in PA, and in the driveway of our friends house, her Chrysler Pacifica won't come out of park.

Trying to think quick as I was at work, Jay immediately came to mind as he's in DE and only one of a couple people I know there. FORTUNATELY, he wasn't busy, and took time out of his day to grab some tool and go look at my wife's car, a 45 minute one way trip for him. Turns out it was, as it's commonly referred to, the big pink thing in the shifter. The shift interlock latch has a small molded in hook for the retaining spring that's a KNOWN failure issue (recalled in 06-08 300's, Magnum's, and Chargers even). Jay figured it out, showed Katie how to release it, and she was good to go.

I asked Jay what he wanted for comp for his time and effort, he said nothing. Not good enough.

Jay, I will be in PA from the 19th through the 28th'ish. I will be coming to DE at some point and you and I will go get a good meal somewhere. It's the least I can do man. I sincerely appreciate you doing what you did for my wife and kids to help out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

Ok, I can be bought with food and I'm not picky. It was no big deal and I finally got to meet Katie. I'm glad I got her going and hope you got it fixed right.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaysz2893 For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

I just fixed it today along with a brake overhaul as she was grinding upon returning home. All back together and well (and ready to be sold soon as VW pays the guy holding his 09 JSW TDi for us).

Seriously though Jay, that was a HUGE assist to my family and a good dinner is the least I can do for you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

This was the offending part. Somehow the interlock cable connector was broken too, but the little nub above the spring was the primary offender.

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

What a crappy design and I think I may have broke the little hook part. The directions to release it were nebulous as to what part to turn counterclockwise. Hard to believe a little part like that can render a vehicle useless.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Yeah, pretty cheap on Chrysler's part, especially for it having been made in the Daimler Chrysler days. The dorman piece I replaced it with was a case aluminum piece and while not pretty, was dimensionally perfect and should last the rest of the life of this poor vehicle (she's on her deathbed anyway).

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Awesome to hear. Thats why I love this community!

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
    OWNER/ADMIN

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to popo8 For This Post: