Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Default Race seats, What are you running?

Looking to see what everyone is running as far as racing seats go. Street/Strip action. Post up pictures of them mounted in the car if possible. Want to see how they fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 1QUICKZ28 For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Corbeau Forza. Nice light weight, about 20# less than stock. They have a "slider" mount available, specifically for the 4th Gen F-Body, and that adds 10# back in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

How is the Forza holding up as far as wear and tear goes? I'm trying to decide between that and a Sparco Sprint.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Old as it is (~15 years) I don’t have a lot of street miles on it. Cloth is still in as new condition. Vinyl insert on left shoulder support is scuffed very lightly.

Is very supportive on sides, comfortable to sit in. Can feel a bit constraining after an hour or more on the road. I have not attached the seat back to the cross-bar as required by NHRA for aftermarket seats. Never been questioned in tech. Attaching to the cross-bar would limit use of the slider. The “headrest” area tilts forward slightly. OK without a helmet, but does hold head slightly forward when wearing a helmet.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

@Injuneer Thank for the pictures. Especially with the cage installed. So without a helmet they are pretty comfy? I don’t race a whole lot but I have an 8pt cage to install and my seat bolster is starting to show some wear. Figured might as well upgrade the seats.

Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I like the support. It's great for the first hour. But there is a significant limit to moving your butt or shoulders to loosen them up. To me, it was a reasonable compromise, to get a very light seat, from a quality source, with excellent support on the track, at minimal cost. But I was glad it was OK for most street driving. When I bought it, I believe it was FIA certified, indicating it was up to international racing standards. I do not find that on their site now.

If your predominant use is daily driving, you might want to look at something just a bit less restrictive, with regard to the thighs and shoulders.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    JB
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28 1996 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 1QUICKZ28 View Post
    Looking to see what everyone is running as far as racing seats go. Street/Strip action. Post up pictures of them mounted in the car if possible. Want to see how they fit.

I don't consider my seats a "racing" seat, but I have the Procar Sportsman Pro XL. The center console is snug between the two front seats and touches my door bars. I have a 6 point roll bar with swing out door bars, similar to Injuneer. They do allow for a five point harness. As far as head room with a helmet, I'm 6'4" so I have to position the seat right to have any. I could get you more pictures if this type of seat is something that you might consider an option. I don't have a lot of interior pictures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Same as everybody else...350 small block, double hump heads, 3/4 cam

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Justin
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Cathead View Post
    I don't consider my seats a "racing" seat, but I have the Procar Sportsman Pro XL. The center console is snug between the two front seats and touches my door bars. I have a 6 point roll bar with swing out door bars, similar to Injuneer. They do allow for a five point harness. As far as head room with a helmet, I'm 6'4" so I have to position the seat right to have any. I could get you more pictures if this type of seat is something that you might consider an option. I don't have a lot of interior pictures.

What did you do for mounting brackets? How's the quality?
    95 Cyber Grey Formula
    396 M6
    LE 244/252 .636/.636 110
    LE 215cc Trickflows

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    JB
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28 1996 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ElkySS View Post
    What did you do for mounting brackets? How's the quality?
    I bought the universal kits and made my own brackets combined with the factory brackets. I think it's a comfortable seat and really good padding. The vinyl seat cover didn't take long to wear next to the door bar. I think you might be able to see a white mark in the picture where the door bar lays across the seat. The regular size Sportsman Pro may not have the same issue. I can't remember exactly but I think it was at least a couple of inches narrower than the XL.

Same as everybody else...350 small block, double hump heads, 3/4 cam

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

Corbeau Forza's here as well, have them both driver and passenger. I like them, but as said above they get a bit uncomfortable on long trips (2+ hours) but that is the same in most fixed back bucket seats anyways. I have the dual locking sliders and would recommend them just for piece of mind. for the price, they are hard to beat especially with brackets made specifically for our cars.

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hokeplaya05 For This Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast