Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

PCM seldom fails. Just noting something I would like Gary to look at.
    @GaryDoug

Before you run another data log, clear the PCM. Pull the "PCM BAT" fuse for 30 seconds. I think in 95 it moved to the box under the hood. That will clear the 160 LTFT in Cell 18. Then you have to start driving the car so we can see what's going on outside of idle.

I have a guide to what the numbers mean and what the normal readings should be. Used to be on my website, but website it long gone. I'll see if I can attach it as a PDF.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Gary
    Vehicle
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    The other thing - hopefully Gary will comment - for most of the data log, the log is scanning 7 to 8 frames per second. When all the sudden changes in LTFT take place, the scan frequency has suddenly dropped to 2 frames per second.
    Could be that the pc got really busy doing something else at that time. I wonder if he had the app set to auto-save the log file. Sometimes that can get slow but it is generally a gradual increase in time between scans, not an abrupt change. Best bet is to save the file at the end if fast scan time is important.

"What a PCM go for and is it a PITA?"

About $150 bucks used, but drop-in ready-to-go with your original program (bin) installed. Maybe about $100 used with the bin that came with it. If yours has been changed, someone would have to copy the bin to the new pcm. If you are just a tiny bit brave, you can do that yourself with WinFlash (free trial or $20 for long term use), using the cable you have now.
    Last edited by GaryDoug; 09-27-2016 at 09:38 PM.

1998 Trans Am - LS1/A4 - all stock and almost all original - one owner - driven daily.
    Author of Scan9495, free pc apps 93-95 LT1,94/95 L32: http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...light=scan9495

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

The spike might have been when I put the computer down , and there might have been a background program running like norton

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I found at least a half dozen lines of data that had at least one impossible data value. As I recall, there were a couple lines in your earlier log too.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Well crap today went to drive up my ramps and started but no throttle. allmost like its out of gas. Before all this I had a full tank now its empty. no gas in the oil that I can smell. and is going to rain all week. No garage. Well put in 2 gallons runs got it up on the ramps for today. need oil and filter that ill have to wait. Thought I give an up date pulled the fuse for a min. And I was going to go for a drive, will do in a couple. Thanks again guys as soon as I change the oil and the o2's Ill log a drive. Before this all I ever owned where air cooled VW's and restored . @Injuneer did you find those files ?
    Last edited by Stormyweather; 10-03-2016 at 07:39 PM.

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Just got back from almost a week on the road. I'll try and attach the scanner data interpretation write up tomorrow if I can.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Gary
    Vehicle
    1998 Trans Am

I think this is it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

1998 Trans Am - LS1/A4 - all stock and almost all original - one owner - driven daily.
    Author of Scan9495, free pc apps 93-95 LT1,94/95 L32: http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...light=scan9495

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GaryDoug For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Thats a big help thanks

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Ok the o2 is going to half to wait cant get under car with the ramps. Being that a while ago my garage if you can call it that was broke in too. No stands so, not doing them till I can get some stands. But I did change the oil and filter apart from looking clean Mobil 1 It did smell like gas, any way went for a run got on it on the on ramp, but rush hour traffic. any way theres a short WOT and some cruzing in the scan. don't know why it only save in 1 mb at a time wasn't even set to auto save but here is a couple.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uo4at04qf3...37818.zip?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/djczs73ns9...37818.zip?dl=0
    Last edited by Stormyweather; 10-06-2016 at 10:31 PM.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Kyle
    Vehicle
    '95 Trans Am

Well my datamaster is now gone. Guess I'll try the scan9495

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Kyle

just ur everyday slow LT1. wanna try her out?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast