Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Let's make sure we understand what is happening. You tacked your question on to a thread that deals with an engine that shut off randomly and was hard to restart:

I seem to be having a heat soak problem with my car causing it to shutoff while driving. No check engine light, check gauges pops up though. I had this issue last summer one day, randomly shut off while stopping, wouldn't restart til hours later.
    Is the problem the thread starter posted (quote above) the EXACT same problem you are having?

Does it ever shut down while idling?

Does the engine need to cool down before it will restart?

Is it hard to start after it has cooled down?

When the engine shuts down, and you retry to start it, but it won't start, does the tach move up 200-300 RPM when the starter is cranking the engine?
    Last edited by Injuneer; 12-18-2019 at 09:08 AM.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

FAN PROBLEM:

If an auxiliary fan switch isn't wired into the system correctly, is can prevent the PCM from turning on the fans as programmed. Stock turns the fans on low at 226-degF, high at 235-degF. Do the fans turn on when you turn the A/C on?
    Last edited by Injuneer; 12-18-2019 at 09:10 AM.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Ulises
    Vehicle
    Yepez

@Injuneer it shuts off at Idle Only has done it at idle to me . After its warm. Sometimes itll start right back up at other times just crank and crank . . I let it sit for about 20 mins half an hour starts up and runs fine again it tends to do it when warm outside. When i first hot it woke up at 5 in the morning and it ran well over 2 hours . Same day around one started it up let it warm up and it shut off .

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Ulises
    Vehicle
    Yepez

And ac compressor is screwed up so its disconnect

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Take the ICM to an auto parts store and have it tested. Make sure they get it good and hot.

After that, we'll work on the cam position module in the Opti.

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Ulises
    Vehicle
    Yepez

Will do i have a spare so i will take the spare then if they say is good ill slap it on there . And ill update you from there. Thank yo so much for your patience Nd knowledge @Injuneer

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Ulises
    Vehicle
    Yepez

Couldnt find anyone to test the icm . .i switched it and it has the same problem. .

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Ulises
    Vehicle
    Yepez

I also changed the egr solenoid and it still shows quad driver 2 bad . I noticed when i changed the solenoid quad one went bad when unplugged as soon as i plugged it back in went back to ok .

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

There are no “quad drivers” on a 1995. I explained that to you in post #20.

You had DTC 27, which your scanner apparently indicated as “quad driver 2”. The correct definition is an EGR vacuum solenoid circuit.

Are you sure you replaced the correct solenoid? If your scanner displayed DTC 26 for “quad driver 1” when you unplugged the solenoid, you may have replaced the wrong solenoid. DTC 26 in a 95 indicates a fault in the EVAP Purge Solenoid electrical circuit.

Again, here is the correct code list for your car:

http://shbox.com/1/Dtcs.htm

The 94/95 codes are to the left. The 93 codes (which are different than 94/95) are in the column to the right.
    Last edited by Injuneer; 12-16-2019 at 09:41 PM.

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Ulises
    Vehicle
    Yepez

So I Replaced my ignitikn switch last night hooked up the scanner today Nd my quad driver 2 reads ok now on my 93 z . . Would that be a reason for my shutoff? There hasnt been a hot day so wont be able to tell if problem is gone yet.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast