Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Default Yet another Painter to Avoid...

Alright my normal painter has been rather busy this year so I have had to try and find others while he was busy.
    I told everyone about FAB Paint works here in Tucson and Tung and Freddy. They are still a shop to avoid without doubt but I learned from them.

During all this Joe (I believe his full Name is Joseph Patino) was in charge of painting a car I picked up as a Daily Driver. A 1993 Probe GT with a J-Spec Motor swap that needed some work. I can not tell you how long it has been or the nightmares along the way (Along with all the lies and excuses). But the recent events this last month are the kicker.

***Again Vern the normal painter I use and Ray who owns Old English Customs have NOTHING to do with this***

The Probe was a DD and frankly I just wanted to clean it up. I mixed the paint from two other colors, I did not car for perfection just clean. After what I think was Months it finally got sprayed and he made mistakes but it was not that bad. Then he tried to make them better.... and made them worse.
    I dealt with all of it but two marks on the front bumper and a mark on the passenger door. It took him over a month to even get back to fixing it.
    On Nov. 11th I made him write out a contract stating all that had happened, what was owed, what I paid etc. He signed it, I even wrote down the miles and included those, I included what he screwed up and that I was not asking him to fix all of it to which I listed what I wanted fixed.

He again had no funding when he screwed up as he originally promised to repaint the front bumper... he tried to spot fix it and failed. He used up all the left over paint so I bought more and he continued to fail. Then he started dodging me and with Disneyland and the move he got away with it.
    I have been trying to sell the car for some time and of course I have two buyers who want it and he is well... not done. He gave me the car back not done promising to finish it Today. He wanted me to be able to show it which I did with a stripped door and a bumper half way stripped.

Today Joe did not show, he finally answered his phone and told me he was in court. Then tonight he has who he says is his girl friend answer. She claims he is in jail. I am not buying it as he used this one before so I ask how much the bail is so I can help and which jail. She claims Pima (Or I should say he claims it). However I can not find him there, she claims he is being sent up to Phoenix blah blah blah. So I check all of Arizona and nothing.

So I have another friend contact him about paint work on his eclipse, suddenly Joe is out and ready to bid on the work. Caught I can not get him to do anything but text to which he calls me names etc. (I am looking for how to get my texts off the iPhone as I type this). He has every excuse in the book I just complement him on being out of jail so quickly.

I ask for the items I paid for (More paint etc) back so I can have someone else finish it according to our contract that it was supposed to be done 3 weeks ago or I take it too another shop at his expense. He claims he talked to a lawyer and those papers are not legally binding. I remind him of all the people who know besides the fact I doubt they are not legally admissible as proof he comes up with more excuses and now threats.

Then he wants to finish it but never see me again because I took advantage of him yet he got everything he asked for and more (I kept paying for items he was supposed to cover, he wanted this to be his car to show others to get him lower cost work) and he is they guy who set me up with FAB for the Tails which he said would be free. Cost me 160.00 which I made him work into the paint job since he caused it and then broke the tails trying to fix the runs... wonderful.

Its a long story, For cliffs this guy can not keep his word and is constantly caught lying. I am sure its been over 4 months since this started and over 1 month to paint a front bumper and door which are still not done. He gets caught lying and tries to curse, further lie and bully his way out of it.

Short and sweet stay away from Joe Patino. You never know what he will be driving. Supposedly he works at Hardcore 101 on the Eastside too.
    His number is:
    5204612836 (He uses T-Mobile)
    He has a lot of tattoo's and a few piercings on his face.
    He is younger in his early twenty's to mid twenty's.
    His License is Suspended, he supposedly has warrants I found a few court records for someone named Joseph around his age (1984 Older than I guessed for him)

Anyone who wants to join in many others are spreading the word around locally. I just want to be sure it gets great exposure. Thanks everyone!
    Denny Crane /Rotary = Fail\
    LTx 355 w/ GM 847

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

so you know, that contract IS binding
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

-Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

Nice find I will add it too the list of information I have on him.

Thank you!
    Denny Crane /Rotary = Fail\
    LTx 355 w/ GM 847

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

And so far I have found

Offense Charged:FAIL TO STOP FOR RED LIGHT
    Offense Charged:NO EVIDENCE OF FIN RESPONSIBILITY WITHIN VEHICLE
    Offense Charged:THEFT
    Class of Offense: MISDEMEANOR
    Offense Disposition: GUILTY - 03/29/2005

Offense Charged:BURG/ROBBERY/THEFT/EMBEZZLEMENT
    Class of Offense: FELONY

SENTENCE INFORMATION
    Sentence Details/Description: PROBATION
    Sentence Details/Description: PUBLIC WORK/SERVICE AND/OR FINE/FEE
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

and an assault charge too but it was dismissed
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Damn Ryan, I think you found a calling as a P.I. You should go in cahoots with Popo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

LTx Mod, Founding Member

Status

Good info Cross, and even better info on his court history... Quick too
    Nick

- 2003 SVT Cobra T56/4.6L - Pullied, Tuned, Full Intake/Exhaust, Stg3 Clutch (29k) - 483rwhp @14-15psi
    - 2002 Ford F350 7.3L Powerstroke - Edge Evo II/33" BFG AT TAs/4" MBRP Turbo Back + Intake (164k)
    - 1995 Pontiac Firehawk #224 (Chameleon) - Full Bolton/Cammed/Full Suspension (71k) - 12.75 @ 107.94
    http://www.fquick.com/Fixxer777

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

haha it's easy for people like me and popo who have immediate access to programs/websites with this info
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List