Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OIF II Marine here

Ok, I spend 8 yrs in the Marine Reserves, with most of '94 in Iraq. My time overseas is what paid for my rx7 and the LT-1 I put into it with 6 months of being home.

Semper Fi to any other Marines. And hello to any Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen. Thank you for your time served.

'93 Touring VR - 383ci LT1/6spd
    '93 R1 BB - 13B-REW/5spd

LTX Military Member

Status

'nuther Marine checking in.

I've been in 3 years. I'm a 7598, student naval aviator. I select a fleet platform in october when I finally graduate from MOS school. I'm hoping to fly F/A-18D's out of MCAS Beaufort SC.
    1994 CAMARO Z28- suspension, bolt-ons, cam in progress
    1999 TRANS AM- intake, dyno tune, wife's DD

going to fly? damn officers...truth be told i debated for nearly my entire time in about seeking a commission...but i would have been ground. Marines don't let colorblind folks fly their rather expensive jets and helos...

'93 Touring VR - 383ci LT1/6spd
    '93 R1 BB - 13B-REW/5spd

InActive Member

Status

I sign mid October and guess I'm supposed to leave on the new years if I sign then. I'm going in 0300 Infantry but gonna try like hell 0317 Scout-Sniper, doubt it will happen but nothing wrong with hoping.

Ricer: From the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt!

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by lt1_rx7 View Post
    going to fly? damn officers...truth be told i debated for nearly my entire time in about seeking a commission...but i would have been ground. Marines don't let colorblind folks fly their rather expensive jets and helos...

I'm surprised they even let you in being color blind. Do they know that? I'm color blind as well. I was always told I couldn't even be a cook in the military.

Then again, color blinded peeps make great snipers

Which color blind are you? I'm red

InActive Member

Status

Another Marine here, well former, I got out in April after 5 years active. Did OIF 2 also. Paid for my Z.

Quote Originally Posted by SnyperBob View Post
    I'm surprised they even let you in being color blind. Do they know that?
    My buddy was colorblind and they let him in. I think it was red.
    1996 Camaro Z28
    LE2 Heads, LE ported intake, LE emissions cam, Comp Pro Mags, 37# Injectors, 58mm TB
    M6 Conversion, T56 by Six Speeds Inc, RAM Powergrip, McLeod Adj. MC, B&M short throw
    Kooks LTs, Loudmouth, K&N CAI, MSD (wires, coil, 6AL), BMR PHR, UMI SFCs

InActive Member

Status

To the OP, thank you for your service! Fellow Air Force pilot in training here. Nothing more satisfying than coming home from a deployment to spending that well earned $ on making the car fast.

I would LOVE to do a RX-7 LT1 just like you did. I'd probably go with a nice turbo. Those things have so much potential being so light!
    1995 Z28 - disfunctional now, perhaps insane after its "treatment"
    1998 Formula WS6 -Heads, cam, intake, bolt ons 441RWHP

Default 1812

oohrah! Ive been out of the corps for a while. i was a tanker. hell yeah there aint nothin like firing a 120mm cannon~! semper fi devil dogs

Call for all of your wiring needs! LTX, LSX, Stand Alone, S10, Full Size Trucks, DIY Kits, Extensions, and Pigtails!

VIP Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1991 C1500
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lt1_rx7 View Post
    You're colorblind and they let you in the marines? I'm colorblind and I've been told my whole life I couldn't do anything combat related...

1991 Silverado 1500 - Beater/Project
    1996 Camaro Z28 - Parted Out
    1994 Camaro Z28 - Parted Out
    1981 Corvette - Driveway ornament

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Phstratton View Post
    You're colorblind and they let you in the marines? I'm colorblind and I've been told my whole life I couldn't do anything combat related...
    Not true at all. You just can't do anything that required you to have color vision like aircrew or air traffic controllers (to name a few I know of). But I also know plenty of others that don't require you to have color vision, and if you are interested, there are plenty of others as well that do indeed see combat.
    1995 Z28 - disfunctional now, perhaps insane after its "treatment"
    1998 Formula WS6 -Heads, cam, intake, bolt ons 441RWHP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast