Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Default For Sale -- Cam Lamps

Here's the finished product:

It's a LS1 Camshaft with a LS1 cam gear, mounted on a wood platform base, drilled so the power cord comes through the side of the base. Sale lamps will be built using nickel plated hardware (socket, ect) rather than brass so it looks good together. WILL NOT INCLUDE THE SHADE as that's a personal choice.

I have two separate ideas for purchase:

One -- You send me a LS1 (any gen III or IV cam will work so long as it's hollow) camshaft and timing gear (again any Gen III or IV gear should work), and I will build your lamp and send it back for $35.

Two -- I sell you a lamp sourced outright from me for $75 shipped. The price increase is because I'm finding people think that stock LS1 cam is made of gold and that a stock LS1 cam gear is made of platinum.

Right now I can leave the base natural as shown above, stain it in mahogany, or walnut. If you have a request let me know and I can try to accommodate.

If you think this is too expensive, please let me know. Likewise if you have a suggestion I'm open. Spread the word! I will have these listed on my website no later than the end of the holiday weekend.

Currently I have three cams/gears en route, and will be ordering parts tomorrow so I'll have them ready to ship NLT the end of next week depending on when the parts get in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

I LOVE IT!!!! Gona send you a PM

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

InActive Member

Status

if i sent you my old timeing set could u put that at the base? do they even make the wooden bases in that shape?

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by devonsZ28 View Post
    if i sent you my old timeing set could u put that at the base? do they even make the wooden bases in that shape?
    I could use an oval base and use some nice hardware for the lower gear.......I'll give it a shot. This an LT or an LS timing set, and would you need me to supply the LS cam or would you?

Just sold two of the three lamps that I have cams/gears coming in for! One left currently.

InActive Member

Status

Could you use a LT1 cam and the timing chain sprocket by chance? I know no one else except a select few would know the difference in the cams and base but it's someting i think would be cool.
    2008 Corvette-full exhaust, tune and soon a custom cam
    2011 WRX- DD
    1997 WS6- Forged LSX swap
    1994 Z28- Forged, Stroked, LE cam, Boosted, T56 swap, 24X, etc.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by bsgreenz View Post
    Could you use a LT1 cam and the timing chain sprocket by chance? I know no one else except a select few would know the difference in the cams and base but it's someting i think would be cool.
    If the cam is hollow, I could most likely do something with it. But AFAIK LT1 cams aren't hollow though looking at a pic of my BRE (Comp) cam, it may be able to be done depending on manufacturer.

Post pics of either end if it's hollow and I'll let you know. The sprocket shouldn't be a big deal at all given the way I secure them.

InActive Member

Status

If you could use a stock LT1 cam then I will be doing business with you.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Thank You Sean.... I knew I would be ordering from you soon as I saw your initial pics....

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    I could use an oval base and use some nice hardware for the lower gear.......I'll give it a shot. This an LT or an LS timing set, and would you need me to supply the LS cam or would you?

Just sold two of the three lamps that I have cams/gears coming in for! One left currently.
    its an lt1 timeing set and i will need u to get the cam

just pm me your paypal and were you want me to send the timing set, i want be able to send it out until next week though

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by devonsZ28 View Post
    its an lt1 timeing set and i will need u to get the cam

just pm me your paypal and were you want me to send the timing set, i want be able to send it out until next week though
    Not until next week is fine. I'll hold off on setting a price because this is a bit different, and I want to make sure it's what you want. I'll PM you my address and you can send the timing set out next week. The LS1 cam bolt holes should match up to the LT1 timing set bolt holes....if not I'll work something out.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast