Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

InActive Member

Status

Default just checking the sig

just checking the sig
    Seeing if text and pic are working
    -Duane-
    1994 S-10 - Lt1/700r4 - project /// 2001 2dr Blazer - boring daily

Post Whore Moderator

Status

How does the truck run with the swap?

~Shane
    94 Z M6 304hp/336tq
    12.61 @ 109.7

InActive Member

Status

Hard question to answer. It runs darn good for the issues it has

The bad...
    1. round port headers that are 1.5in primaries... which I beleive is smaller than the D port LT1 heads (rest of the exhaust is kinda hacked too). Also, 2 primaries on each side are dented/flattened by the control arms.
    2. trans shifts too early, which wouldn't be an issue except....
    3. incorrect B&M shifter. It's for a 3 spd., and no, I can't adjust it to 4. I can't hold 1st gear when launching (which means slow rolls suck also).
    4. Factory 2.73, 1 wheel rearend.

The good....
    1. HWY runs anything from 50-~70 I can yank it to 2nd and let it rip... bump it to 3rd at ~90mph, and from there.... umm.... lets just say it's only at 5500rpm at 150mph in 3rd.

2. 1/4 mile runs upper 13s @ ~100 w/ ~2sec 60ft. Street tires. When I launch, it's tricky to get the pedal down fast enough to not bump to 2nd without spinning. Even then, I sit there waiting for the RPMs to get back into range in 2nd gear before it starts pulling hard. I have to bump it to 3rd to cross the line... but have run 14flat blowing the traps at 95mph in 2nd gear at the limiter (6k). I win most of the races on the top end

So... you tell me

BTW, I generally won't let a shop work on it anymore... the one that put the motor offered me an awesome deal.... and you can see the issues.

I've got the parts list to solve the problems... just not the cash to buy them. Kinda domino effect on part of it... can't do one till I do another.
    Last edited by chevy42083; 09-30-2008 at 12:03 PM.
    -Duane-

Post Whore Moderator

Status

A regular cab shorty probably weighs in about the same if not less than a full dress F-body haha.

And yes, it definetely sounds like you need to get some issues worked out. The rear end gear(with the help of the 4 speed shifter) would probably shed a huge chunk of time. And trap speed would up a couple too. Keep us updated when you start getting the problems worked out with it.

Is it a stock motor with bolt ons or what?

~Shane
    94 Z M6 304hp/336tq
    12.61 @ 109.7

InActive Member

Status

Rebuilt, but basically stock motor.

Weighed it at Houston Raceway Park... 3428 lbs. with me and a spare tire (i'm only 125lbs)... so I'm looking at what... ~3245 without me and the spare tire on steel wheel. Probably a good bit of gas... atleast 2/3 of a tank. Gas gauge is finicky... so I always filled up before heading out for the night. Kept it consistent too.

Oh yeah... part of the rebuilding is weight loss from the front end too

I guess I should start up a detailed thread on here. Right now, I've just been keeping a project thread on one of the s-seriesforums.
    -Duane-