Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    my 3 little angels

Status

maybe i missed it in a previous thread,,i know you were having an issue with a mechanic that worked on the car,,but is this something that just happened all of a sudden or ?

JASON.C '97'm6,pro 5.0,k&ncai,bbk52mm w/bypass,magnaflow cats,flowmaster c/back,strano springs,kyb agx shocks, lca relocate brackets,hounds tooth 30th interior,70k

Lurker

Status

Mine has always idled that low. And its been doing that for 70,000 miles that i've owned it. Maybe you're fine.. But I'd swap the oil pump just to be sure even though those really aren't weak links in LT1's at all.
    1993 z28 - stalled and bolted

my 3 little angels

Status

Quote Originally Posted by crows93z View Post
    Mine has always idled that low. And its been doing that for 70,000 miles that i've owned it. Maybe you're fine.. But I'd swap the oil pump just to be sure even though those really aren't weak links in LT1's at all.

i think he said it idled at 25 which was fine but when he started driving it would get lower and lower

JASON.C '97'm6,pro 5.0,k&ncai,bbk52mm w/bypass,magnaflow cats,flowmaster c/back,strano springs,kyb agx shocks, lca relocate brackets,hounds tooth 30th interior,70k

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel'Z' View Post
    i think he said it idled at 25 which was fine but when he started driving it would get lower and lower

"So I take a valve cover off ( driver side ) with the car running ( @ bout 25 psi ) and and watched the oil flow from the rockers ( nice lil stream ) 4 about 15min. But as I drive the oil pressure slowley drop and drops untill my check gauge lights up. I stopped driving it but the car would run fine the whole time even with with the oil pressure at 5psi. I have changed the sending unit, add a mech guage and changed oil filter. Dnt knw what else to do pls help!!! "

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

my 3 little angels

Status

so what are ya trying to say larry?..did i read it wrong?

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel'Z' View Post
    so what are ya trying to say larry?..did i read it wrong?

no , I was confirming you read it correctly.

schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger schwangerschwangerschwangerschwanger

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

my 3 little angels

Status

oh ok,,,,,

have i told you how much that schwanger bull shit annoys me,,i find it interesting that mods have time for shit like that but after 3 months of back button post we still have no answer for the double click

RANT/sorry

InActive Member

Status

my oil pressure is about 45-50 at idle cold... then it drops to a nice 10-15 at hot idle.. you might be fine.
    1994 T\A, BBK shorties,CAI, cutout, full exhaust,MSD wires, 160* t-stat, 3.73s, cc503-1.6rr's-lunati lifters-stock pushrods FTW

my 3 little angels

Status

again,,i dont think his problem is idle psi,,its when he starts driving the psi goes down until its almost 0

InActive Member

Status

idleing or driving it shouldnt make a difference should it? drivin it the engine is reving up. causing more oil flow which should increase pressure. but revving it up in park or neutral should too
    1994 T\A, BBK shorties,CAI, cutout, full exhaust,MSD wires, 160* t-stat, 3.73s, cc503-1.6rr's-lunati lifters-stock pushrods FTW

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast