Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Default Injector Position ?

I've got a Zex Dry Kit (I know many prefer wet) but I'm stuck with it, but in all honesty it has performed perfectly on my stock motor.
    OK, I have a new 396 fully forged motor (built in the USA) on its way across the pond.
    I have all the safety stuff aswell.
    Now I keep reading about the correct positioning of the injector in relation to the MAF.
    The instructions say before the MAF, I contacted Zex and they confirm between TB & MAF, but others say thru' the MAF, Zex reckon thats a big no no...
    Right now it's just tapped into the elbow, checked plugs - look fine - and no detonation.
    I hope a nitrous vendor will chime in and help clear things up a little.
    If you need any more info about my setup, let me know.
    Thanks in advance guys....

LTx dry kits spray after the MAF...they increase the fuel pressure to add fuel
    LSx dry kits spray before the MAF...they add the fuel via the PCM

hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions
    1994 Formula, 396cid, AFR 227's, Single plane, and 2 of the big ones.
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=241&dateline=12653889  02

InActive Member

Status

Im also running a zex dry kit. I started with a 55 shot drilled into the elbo just like yours, like zex had stated and I had no problems. Now heres the problem that you might run into also if you decide to start adding more with the zex dry kit. When I went to get my car tuned for the 125 on the dyno I kept going lean because the car wasn't seeing the extra volume from the nitrous because the spray nozzle was mounted between the maf and tb. After we moved it ahead of the maf, the maf was able to tell the car to adjust fuel accordingly to the extra spray. I hope this helps any other questions let me know and I will do my best.
    Braden
    T-56,Cai,MaF,58mmTb,Edel.intake,Slp shorts,Catless y,Borla,Zex dry kit,Pcm4less tune.387Hp513tqW/125shot

Default Hi Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray@NitroDaves.com View Post
    LTx dry kits spray after the MAF...they increase the fuel pressure to add fuel
    LSx dry kits spray before the MAF...they add the fuel via the PCM

hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions
    Thanks for the info, gonna go just like you say.

Default Hi Braden

Quote Originally Posted by Keys Z28 View Post
    Im also running a zex dry kit. I started with a 55 shot drilled into the elbo just like yours, like zex had stated and I had no problems. Now heres the problem that you might run into also if you decide to start adding more with the zex dry kit. When I went to get my car tuned for the 125 on the dyno I kept going lean because the car wasn't seeing the extra volume from the nitrous because the spray nozzle was mounted between the maf and tb. After we moved it ahead of the maf, the maf was able to tell the car to adjust fuel accordingly to the extra spray. I hope this helps any other questions let me know and I will do my best.
    Braden
    I've got to hand it to you guys, thanks for the info.
    You've put my mind at ease.
    Have you any pics of your set up ?
    I'm gonna go the same way.
    Last edited by chevythunderz28; 09-27-2008 at 11:46 AM.

InActive Member

Status

Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back to you, just really busy.. Here are two pics of the position off the nozzle everything else is hidden and the nozzles normal cover with wire loom (Nitrous?? what nitrous im N/a lol
    T-56,Cai,MaF,58mmTb,Edel.intake,Slp shorts,Catless y,Borla,Zex dry kit,Pcm4less tune.387Hp513tqW/125shot

InActive Member

Status

One other thing im not saying that works every LT1 I dont know for sure it just solved my problem, But if you have any other question and you can't get ahold of me here ill Pm you my number and I'll try and help you the best I can.