Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Bastardized LT1 Car

Status

id be taking that outta someones ass in a hurry. that looks like a solid roller got a hold of it with like 700#'s seat pressure

:Jon:
    94 Z28 - Turbo LQ4 Build - T56 - Moser 9"
    06 Tundra DD - Michelin Go Fast tires
    99 WS6 T/A - 3800 Stall - 3.73 Gears
    07 Hayabusa - blacked out - brocks/hindle exhaust - sprocketed - PCIII - lowered & stretehed
    09 Yamaha R6 - Sold

VIP Member

Status

That sucks Mike. I have a bunch of friends that work there at comp. they will take care of u. i think the last this happened they rebuilt the guys motor with all new valve train. That have been the guy who broke a a push rod but either that shows u there customer appreciation tho.

Brandon
    94 Z28 A4, Best 60'-1.797 1/8-8.02 1/4-12.98 at 104.37 SOLD!!!!!!!!

InActive Member

Status

The guy I talked to at comp was really cool about it, and totally agreed it looks like a faulty rocker. Ill see what they say monday.
    Mikie
    www.elliottsportworks.com www.speedinc.com
    Bedroom built 355!!!!!!!!

nom nom nom opti

Status

ah man it seems like u have been having issue after issue with this build. sorry to hear man
    -Travis
    Past owner of 9 4th gen's

My midwest coverage: http://www.autofaze.com

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by catchmyz View Post
    If they haven't floated down as fastbird said more then likely they are captured in the lifter valley as that's where the head's drain into. Either way in the oil pan or in the lifter valley they aren't gonna cause any damage to the engine as long as they aren't small enough to be sucked through the oil pump sump screen.

On a side note I never liked the design of pro mags and went with a much higher grade of an rocker arm when I built my newest setup. High spring rates and alot of lift puts a ton of pressure on the trunion.
    I pulled the intake and only found 1 pc of the bearing race and 1 bearing.
    I drained the oil and found nothing. Tried fishing with a magnet in the pan but no luck, I also tried taking a magnet across the bottom of the pan to see if I could drag anything near the drain plug without luck. Then after letting oil drain overnight tried hitting the pan with a rubber mallet to see if I could hear anything but didnt. I prob could drive it and be fine but there is alot of small metal pcs in there and I dont feel right about it. So Im pulling it. Lastnite I pulled the exhaust, rad, fans, WP, opti, wires, rest of the RRs etc. Trying to grab the cherry picker tonight.
    Mikie

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BIGT94z View Post
    ah man it seems like u have been having issue after issue with this build. sorry to hear man
    Tell me about it!!!!
    Mikie

Quote Originally Posted by AChotrod View Post
    Trying to grab the cherry picker tonight.

You pull your engine out from the top or you using the cherry picker to pivot the car up and off the engine ? I know there has been much debate and I'm not trying to start an argument but I have yet to see how out of the top is simpler or quicker. An added bonus is its only 10 bolts and much easier lining the subframe back up with the car then it is to line up the input shaft with the clutch then fight the whole tranny getting the bolts back in the bell housing. On a good day I can drop the sub frame out under 2 hrs.
    Last edited by catchmyz; 07-19-2009 at 04:13 PM.
    "Cars are built in a garage, not on a forum"

Lurker

Status

Sorry I missed this, but you can also pull the oil level sensor and then you have almost a 1" hole to look around in.

Sorry to hear about the broken rocker.
    93 LT1 M6, LE, 223/230 .565/.565 112, Stg2 heads, Ported intake, 32lb injectors. Pacesetter mids. 1.6RR Tunned by Chuck Summer's. 382/351
    2000 F350 7.3 diesel, BTS auto CC Dually 4X4. Way to many parts. 689rwhp/1450ftlb's

Status

ive never heard of a rocker breaking before thats crazy.

also thats either an old pic or you forgot to set the date on your camera

- Joel - 95 Z28 M6
    "It's an ingenious solution to a problem that should never have existed in the first place!"

InActive Member

Status

New pic never set the date on my camera. lol.
    Im still debating how I want to pull it out. If I lift the body the car might have to sit outside, if I pull just the motor its a PITA!!
    Mikie

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast