Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is not theory it is truth. Excessively fat tuneups have been destroying motors for years by doing just that. Lifting ring lands.... Your motor will take lean passes if there is not excessive timing....

This of course usually doesn't matter as much with 100 and 150 shots but as the shots go up progressively it will matter much more.... And we're talking rich conditions like 10:1 and below..... biggest thing is make sure you pull more than enough timing for whatever shot you are running.....

This is why pressure in the bottle matters for wet kits as your tune will be way fat the less bottle pressure you are running. your fuel pressure will remain the same but as bottle press decreases the fuel mixture is much more fat..... run those bottles at RECOMMENDED pressures.... and likewise don't run them way overpressure trying to get that additional power.... cuz that power could lean your motor out.....

West Coasts Fastest OEM block 4th gen
    9.06@153.8 1.35 60', 10.62@127 all motor
    CSM Racing Engines 383, SR, single plane, etc!!!!!

8 Second Club

Status

I agree with what you said but I think even some of the manufacturers reccommended tunups will hurt parts over time, from being rich. The plate I got said a 4 jet spread basiscally on every tuneup large on the fuel side with 7 psi fuel. I reversed two tune ups already so I was larger on the nitrous jet with only 6 psi of fuel pressure and they are just about there just a little rich.
    So far 10.576 @ 128.64 on a 1.563 short time. N/A.
    8.957 @ 151.60 on a 1.349 60' time
    THE FIRST 8 SECOND NITROUS POWERED LT1

N2O Breathing Demented Tuner

Status

Hell I would be happy not to drop below 850 PSI on a pass...with any starting pressure.

My last Dyno pull was 12.3 to 1 AFR with 32 Degree's. Clean plugs and flat power
    Ellis

Faster Then a LS1!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12