Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

View Poll Results: Who has the best pilots?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • USAF

14 53.85%
  • USN

9 34.62%
  • Other: explain

3 11.54%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Project Storm Trooper"

Status
    Name
    Tony
    Vehicle
    93 StormTrooper Z28

i think the majority of fighter pilots are stuck up a$$ holes....i give full respect to the Heavy pilots! (no offense Call911 if your going to be a fighter). but taking the best of both branches i think i would be close...so i say USAF cause I'm bias!

Official Member of $30k Club ​- Work in progress
    1993 Z28- 24x EFI, Clayton Racing 383ci, F1a w/FMIC, AFR 210's, LE Custom cam, LE LT4 Intake/heads, 80# injectors, 255lph/340lph pumps, T56 Conversion, 9" 4.11 w/spool, LPP LT w/Borla, Full UMI suspension....
    1987 Iroc-Z - Stock Summer DD

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TowShen View Post
    i think the majority of fighter pilots are stuck up a$$ holes....i give full respect to the Heavy pilots! (no offense Call911 if your going to be a fighter). but taking the best of both branches i think i would be close...so i say USAF cause I'm bias!
    I will be a heavy pilot
    1995 Z28 - disfunctional now, perhaps insane after its "treatment"
    1998 Formula WS6 -Heads, cam, intake, bolt ons 441RWHP

InActive Member

Status

Really the thread was asking about sheer talent. I definatly believe that just because you are a fighter pilot doesn't mean you have more talent than a heavy pilot (or helo pilot or bomber pilot for that matter).

I have met and flown with pilots that can do some amazing things in the air, and others that frankly I was just thankfull to be back on the ground in one piece after flying with. Fighter pilots are the same way. Some suck, some are stellar. Keep in mind the level of the suck factor though. They still are pilots trained by the Air Force. They still have standards that have to be met (check-rides they have to pass), so they literally can't be terrible to the sense that anyone off the street could pilot a plane better.
    Last edited by CALL911; 11-18-2009 at 07:55 PM.

"Project Storm Trooper"

Status
    Name
    Tony
    Vehicle
    93 StormTrooper Z28

the way i look at it is, yes both heavy and fighter pilots are skilled but times the heavy's still get in to some chit and i personally give more respect to them seeing how they can handle there giant aircraft. i think of it as a Bus Vs. sports car.
    and fighters are just way too annoying! i swear they play "lets see who can use less of the runway!" to my knowledge, 16's don't HAVE to take off with full burners...

right know thats the best way i can put my thinking in to words.

(sorry for throwing your thread off topic)

Official Member of $30k Club ​- Work in progress
    1993 Z28- 24x EFI, Clayton Racing 383ci, F1a w/FMIC, AFR 210's, LE Custom cam, LE LT4 Intake/heads, 80# injectors, 255lph/340lph pumps, T56 Conversion, 9" 4.11 w/spool, LPP LT w/Borla, Full UMI suspension....
    1987 Iroc-Z - Stock Summer DD

InActive Member

Status

Not all fighter guys fit that profile. Sure, I have met my fair share of them that truely believed they were Gods and not people, but I have met others that are some of the coolest dudes I have had the honor of serving with.

Same goes for heavy pilots I suppose, but most of them don't live on the heirachy of the fighter pilot life where they preech to you every day that you are the first and last defense in an air war. That mentallity alone can often breed such characters. And to an extent, its probably a good thing we have guys that literally believe they are invincible. It sometimes is that attitude that seperates the confident from the hesitant, and can mean the difference between life and death.

i would say talent lies with in the pilot, not the branch
    1995 Firehawk #584 of 671
    385cu.in LT1, Intercooled turbo
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=77&pictureid=306

I'm gonna say Army pilot's are the best mainly because many a A10 pilot has saved my unit's butt in Iraq ... I would chop off my left testicle with a plastic spork to fly an A10!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXg6J9upaCg"]YouTube - A-10 Thunderbolt in the action[/ame]
    Current Projects 540ci 2000 Trans Am/96 T/A 427 TT
    President of Phoenix Club of Memphis
    Admin on LS1LT1.com, ASE Certified Mechanic

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Transamman25 View Post
    I'm gonna say Army pilot's are the best mainly because many a A10 pilot has saved my unit's butt in Iraq ... I would chop off my left testicle with a plastic spork to fly an A10!
    Uhhh... dude....

The Army doesn't fly the A-10. Heck, the Army doesn't barely have any planes at all. 99% of all the Army aircraft are helicopters.

That was yet again the Air Force with the A-10.

Marines. Try to fly a Harrier or an Osprey.
    94 Z28 Vert. A4->M6, Pro 5.0 Shifter/Short stick, Mccleod 7500rpm disc w/ Ram Alum flywheel, 3.42 gears, CAI, XE 224/230 .553/.561 lift w/ 1.65 RR's, LE Stage 3 Heads, 30lb SVO injectors, JetHot LTs, X-pipe Duals, LT4 Knock Module, Personal Tunercat PCM Tune. Install pictures

socalmuscle.net

Status

MARINE CORPS
    '95 Formy, LT1, Black on Black http://www.socalmuscle.net/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast