Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nice write up! Would this be the same procedure for c5 z06 brakes? Somebody is offering a pretty good deal and now that I got bigger wheels I may consider it

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190L mediante Tapatalk

96 Formula (LT1/4L60e: LTs, CAI, 3.42 gears, 160 stat, cat delete, poly mounts and 2800 stall..)

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1994 formy
    Supporting Member

what was the difference with the Z06 brakes? I am running the 14 inch rotor z51 kit from kore3 and the procedure was the same.

http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...pring)-install

I also did a write up and have some good pics of how i modified the stock spindles

383, Eagle crank, scat rods, Mahle pistons, 238/248 .565 cam. 3k stall, AFR 210 heads, Pacesetter LT, 58 MM TB and a few other goodies.

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Dave
    Vehicle
    1997 Z28

I found adapters that do not require cutting the LS1 spindles:

https://maggperformance.com/product/...-kit-brackets/

They used to be 6LE but got bought by Magg Performance. These adapters seem to be the only ones I can find that can bolt up to an LS1 spindle without modification. It allows the use of the C5 caliper and rotor.

I got the parts to do the LS1 brake upgrade but am thinking of just doing the C5 upgrade.

1997 Z28 Z4C, M6 - CAI, MGW, 17" SS wheels, shorties/Stainless Works Y, Magnaflow, stock engine/tune.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12