Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: tattoos?

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

I think I understand where Matt is coming from. Public servants are held to an (almost unobtainable) higher standard than the general public. Something as seemingly harmless as a skull tattoo on your finger could be misconstrued by someone as your personal agenda to rid the world of all non-egyptian desendants. While I would love to think you should be free to remain unjudged by something as miniscule as a tattoo, look at the teachers that get fired for having pictures on their personal social media page of them going out for drinks and having a good time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by firebird_1995 View Post
    I think I understand where Matt is coming from. Public servants are held to an (almost unobtainable) higher standard than the general public. Something as seemingly harmless as a skull tattoo on your finger could be misconstrued by someone as your personal agenda to rid the world of all non-egyptian desendants. While I would love to think you should be free to remain unjudged by something as miniscule as a tattoo, look at the teachers that get fired for having pictures on their personal social media page of them going out for drinks and having a good time.

Well fortunately we have no policy against tats... or that Im not a teacher. Lol.

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
    OWNER/ADMIN
    Last edited by popo8; 11-28-2016 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Loop

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Thats exactly why Im doing it... dispersing justice wherever I go... lol.

Why is a tat an issue? Not like Im getting a swastika on my forehead...

OWNER/ADMIN
    I know you're smart enough to know that just because something isn't against a policy, doesn't make it socially acceptable. Society is a ruthless bitch, biased and unforgiving. I only threw my .02 in because you asked here. I felt like Matt hit the nail on the head and I agree with him. We all know at the end of the day it's your body, your decision. That will be all from me on this subject.

Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    I could do that. And thanks man... i do know ur lookin out for me...

OWNER/ADMIN
    Lol...

I know i know...

U probably missed my response to snm above...

I get it... there is a reason I dont have the tat... my post about it is MONTHS old at this point.

OWNER/ADMIN

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

If its good enough for a pd to put o their cars...

OWNER/ADMIN

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1995 Mystic z28

Man, I'd hate to be the chief/mayor there when something pops off with national attention.

Someone's gonna be offering up their job for that shit.

EDIT:

Chief removes Punisher emblem, ‘Blue Lives Matter’ from police cars after public reacts

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/a...#storylink=cpy

By Fernando Alfonso III

falfonso@herald-leader.com

LinkedIn

Google+

Pinterest

Reddit

Print

Order Reprint of this Story

Catlettsburg —

An Eastern Kentucky police chief has removed large decals with the Punisher skull and “Blue Lives Matter” from eight police cars after a backlash following the publication of a Herald-Leader story.

The Catlettsburg Police department, which employs eight full-time and two part-time officers for a population of about 2,500, featured the images on the hoods of its 2013 and 2017 Ford Interceptor sedans and sport-utility vehicles, assistant police chief Gerry Hatzel said. The stylized skull was from “The Punisher” comic book series.

The vinyl decals featuring "Blue Lives Matter" and the Punisher logo were created in Louisiana and affixed to the Catlettsburg Police Department vehicles.

The vinyl decals featuring "Blue Lives Matter" and the Punisher logo were created in Louisiana and affixed to the Catlettsburg Police Department vehicles. Fernando Alfonso III - falfonso@herald-leader.com

The logo was praised by local residents but raised questions among others in the commonwealth.

The designs were spearheaded by Police Chief Cameron Logan, who worked with a vinyl decal shop in Louisiana to get the decals printed. Logan installed the decals on all the police vehicles in December. He would not discuss how much the decals cost.

“That design is basically to give back to the police officers,” Logan, who has been with the department for 13 years, said before reversing course on the emblems. “Our lives matter just as much as anybody’s. ... I’m not racist or anything like that, I’m not trying to stir anything up like that. I consider it to be a ‘warrior logo.’ Just cause it has ‘Blue Lives Matter’ on the hood, all lives matter. That decal represents that we will take any means necessary to keep our community safe.”

Overdoses and drug-related crimes have been on the rise, the chief said.

The city council and Mayor Randall Peterman approved the designs, Logan said. The Herald-Leader unsuccessfully sought comment from the mayor.

Richard “Andy” Brown, 37, who was elected to the six-person council after its vote on the decals, was critical of the decals.

“I don’t see why they’d waste the money, honestly,” said Brown, a Catlettsburg native whose family owns the IGA grocery in town. “My main objective is to make sure the taxpayers’ money is used in the most efficient way possible. It wasn’t expensive, but still. If it’s something they feel strongly about, they’re risking their lives and I understand that. I just think it’s a little bit strange. There’s been a lot of people mistreated by police, and their lives matter, too, like that guy in North Carolina.”

The shooting Brown referred to was of Keith Lamont Scott, 43, in September 2016 by a Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer.

Central to the decals was the Punisher, the nom de guerre of the Marvel anti-hero Frank Castle, a former Force Reconnaissance Marine and Vietnam War veteran who doles out justice “using torture, murder and kidnapping in his anti-crime crusade,” according to Time Magazine. The logo has been unofficially used by military units and was popularized in the award-winning film “American Sniper.”

The “Blue Lives Matter” movement unofficially began in December 2014 after two New York Police Department officers were shot and killed “by a fanatic who believed the lies of Black Lives Matter, the media, and politicians,” states Bluelivesmatter.blue, a media company founded by active and retired officers. The movement has since been embraced by President Donald Trump and has been used to describe a series of bills in Mississippi and Kentucky that would label crimes against police officers as hate crimes.

Kentucky’s “Blue Lives Matter” legislation is House Bill 14. The bill passed in Kentucky’s House on Feb. 13 after Donna Mayfield, R-Winchester, was called a racist by Black Lives Matter protesters angry over her support of the legislation. Louisiana became the first state to pass a “Blue Lives Matter” bill in May 2016.

Some Catlettsburg residents said they hope Kentucky is the next to formally embrace the “Blue Lives Matter” movement.

Daniel Ray, 63, grew up in Catlettsburg and said that respect for police has suffered nationwide.

“I think everybody should be out there supporting their police and their community,” Ray said. “They’re out there putting their lives on the line every day. They get little gratitude for that already, and when we have silly people who challenge them and wonder what’s going to happen, what do you expect is going to happen? We shouldn’t be challenging our police officers. We should be supporting them.”

That opinion was shared by Charles Allen, the pastor of Catlettsburg’s United Methodist Church. Allen has lived in Catlettsburg since 1968 and is originally from Michigan.

“I think it’s a good thing,” Allen said. “I think all lives matter. Nothing to do with color. Black lives, yellow lives, red lives, whatever color of your skin. To God, every human being has a soul and we matter to God and we matter to each other.”

Photos of the Catlettsburg police cars were positively featured on the Kentucky Going Blue’s Facebook page, but on Reddit’s Kentucky community, the response was more critical. Reddit users questioned the legality of the decals and whether the Punisher was “a really poorly thought-out message for a law enforcement agency to be putting out there.”

Syracuse University’s Roy Gutterman, who also is director of the school’s Tully Center for Free Speech, said the Catlettsburg Police Department was within its rights to feature the decals, which are often “an ordinary governmental administrative decision.”

“Even though the slogan mimics the ‘Black Lives Matter’ movement, I would not say that ‘Blue Lives Matter’ necessarily demeans any other slogan that would subject the city to any other additional criticism,” Gutterman said.

Gutterman also said the department’s use of the Punisher could generate negative attention from the Walt Disney Co., which acquired Marvel Entertainment in December 2009 for $4.2 billion. Disney threatened legal action against a gun accessory manufacturer in Nov. 2015 for using its Punisher imagery. The city didn’t seek Disney’s approval, the chief said. Disney did not respond to a request for comment before publication.

“If the department is using an actual comic book character, I suspect this usage is an infringement of intellectual property rights, specifically the copyright held by the creators or owners of that character,’ Gutterman said before the decals were removed Friday. “The appropriation of that image might be more troubling than whatever the character may stand for. They might as well put Batman or Superman on the cruisers while they’re at it.”

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/a...#storylink=cpy
    95 Mystic Z28, 17x9 FR, 17x11 RR ZR-1's, Pacesetter LT's and Y-pipe, Borla adjustable, Moroso CAI, 2800 Stall, AC Delete, and Cracked Dash/broken lid Mod.

Well, yeaaaa

Police are not vigilantes and justice is not revenge. This is real life, not Batman, or the Punisher. "To serve and Protect."

:shrugs:
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Well I think it was awesome...

OWNER/ADMIN

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1995 Mystic z28

I think it's cool too and I know the heart is in the right place

In this day and age, anything that gives off even the slightest hint of perceived negativity, partiality, aggression or misconduct is gonna get someone fucked over; and the guy getting fucked is gonna be a solid dude eating shit over a shitbag.
    95 Mystic Z28, 17x9 FR, 17x11 RR ZR-1's, Pacesetter LT's and Y-pipe, Borla adjustable, Moroso CAI, 2800 Stall, AC Delete, and Cracked Dash/broken lid Mod.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by donfrye View Post
    I think it's cool too and I know the heart is in the right place

In this day and age, anything that gives off even the slightest hint of perceived negativity, partiality, aggression or misconduct is gonna get someone fucked over; and the guy getting fucked is gonna be a solid dude eating shit over a shitbag.
    I wish someone would grow a pair and tell those snowflakes that are offended... TOUGH SHIT!

OWNER/ADMIN

11. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213