Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

Default lt1 camaro upper dash cover/replacement.

Not sure where to ask about this, and since i noticed the problem while detailing my car i figured i try here first. My upper dash (the part between the windshield and the gauge cluster) is cracking. I dont want to use a carpeted dash mat and i really dont want to have to pull off the entire dash to fix it. I remember somewhere , long ago, seeing a "cap" that someone makes that covers the whole upper das area and has provisions for the defrost vent. It was like black ABS plastic and i guess it glued or taped on. I read that it showed some lines around the edges, but i would be OK with this if it covered the crack. Am i making all this up or is there such a product?

InActive Member

Status

you can buy a replacement. never heard of a cap or anything though.
    -Kraus-

InActive Member

Status

there are caps on ebay but i would just replace it, a cap would just cover the problem instead of fixing it

InActive Member

Status

http://www.fbodyonline.com/forum/f26/cracked-dash-3551/

That's probably the best thing you can do. I swear it was posted on here too, but now I can't find it.
    ThatAdStudent.com - Advertising and Graphic Design Blog
    1993 Camaro Z28 M29 - Down for Repairs and Upgrades

InActive Member

Status

thats looks really good! i'd have to make sure it matches perfectly though before doing it though.
    -Kraus-

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by EsCrasston View Post
    thats looks really good! i'd have to make sure it matches perfectly though before doing it though.
    Yup. That's the problem I'm having too. I don't want to wrap the entire dash, so I need the vinyl to match damn near perfect.
    ThatAdStudent.com - Advertising and Graphic Design Blog
    1993 Camaro Z28 M29 - Down for Repairs and Upgrades

my 3 little angels

Status

i had a brand new oem one shipped to my door for 140 bucks...took me maybe 30min to pop the old one out and snap the new one in..now its like it never happened..sun must make that plastic brittle i guess,,i came out one cold morning and noticed a 6in crack and when i went to remove it it cracked up like peanut brittle,,,i will caution you that brittle plastic is very sharp when it cracks,,dont ask me how i know

JASON.C '97'm6,pro 5.0,k&ncai,bbk52mm w/bypass,magnaflow cats,flowmaster c/back,strano springs,kyb agx shocks, lca relocate brackets,hounds tooth 30th interior,70k

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Beaver
    Vehicle
    1994 camaro Z28

Does anybody know if there is a new name or something.The site isnt there anymore.Or is there any place else that does it?
    BEAVER

94 Z28,4A,LLOYD SG CAM,1.6RR,SHIFT KIT,2,800 STALL,HEADERS,HEADS PORTED & POLISHED,ALL INTERNAL ENGINE PARTS LUNATI !!!

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Somebody else makes them.... let me search
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.