Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    N2O Breathing Demented Tuner

Status

Actually when we designed the extreme sets people use today it was after realizing ALL the forward motion is carried through the LCA's.

The way they work is when you accelerate the rear end pushes FORWARD on the LCA's and UP on the TQ arm. if the LCA angle is UP fromt the rear end to the Chassis the rear tires are driven DOWN into the pavment and traction is a result.

When we came up with this design I started with a car slammed 2in+ and a 4 degree angle.

The car went from 1.9 60fts to 1.7 60s with NO other changes and ran 4/10ths faster.

I posted up on CZ28 and over that winter I was contacted by some of the people everyone buys parts from now and in the spring of 1999 everyone was using them

They work so good I drove them damn near into the nines with a standard style TQ arm mounted on the trans. and 1.4 60ft times.

Do they work? if built correctlt better then any other mod we have tried

Last year I added a MADMAN TQ arm and light wieght CM parts to go with the same set I have been using forever

on a car that has not been lowered just about any of the ones you can buy will work. if your car is lowered...not so well
    Ellis

Faster Then a LS1!

Founding Member

Status

so you guys came up w/ this part? that's crazy, did you get a patent? lol

See our sponsors, UMI has some, plus they're not too expensive.
    Last edited by integraXTC; 09-14-2008 at 07:18 PM.

1996 Trans Am | Black | T-Tops | M6
    LS1Tech sn: Torque Fiend

N2O Breathing Demented Tuner

Status

The only thing out at the time was the metco brakets for lowered cars and they only came with the Metco LCAs. most people did not use them. We took the idea nad engineered it to work in a different way. To give you an idea ours are six inches long

Patens cost a ton of money and do not really do alot these days. to easy to get around them. We have designed tons of stuff for these cars. would be nice to have the cash from it LOL

We may have a line of stuff coming out in the next year. we just need to find a cost effective place to do the work

BTW I have found most of the time the LCA reloactors are not installed correctly and off to one side
    Ellis

Faster Then a LS1!

10 Second N/A Club

Status
    Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    96 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by JoeliusZ28 View Post
    wow wish i would have considered this before, thanks guys. anyone know where i can buy these?
    Anywhere that sells suspension componets BMR, UMI, etc. I would get the weld in ones. I guess you could get the bolt in ones and weld em later but I think that would cost more.
    -Josh
    co-owner of BDBRacing.com
    NMCA OC 9004
    96, N/A 385, Holley EFI, Faceplated M6, AI TFS heads, LE SR cam, MWC Fab 9
    10.16 @ 136 1.50 60'........still workin on that 60' shootin for 1.4's!

VIP Member

Status

the weld in are cheaper, I got mine from spohn but i can drive there in 15 min so its no big deal for me.
    93 TA, 383 stroker, ATI procharger, Accel DFI Gen VII, TH400 RMVB w/Tbrake, narrowed moser 9 inch.

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula Firehawk

UMI is running 10% off on their stuff now until tomorrow (15th). I just ordered some bolt ins along with LCAs and an adjustable panhard bar. Was only $289 with free shipping.

1995 Firehawk #58 M6
    - GMMG, WS6 Store Short Stick, MSD Opti, SLP SFCs, UMI Adj. PHB, UMI LCAs, UMI Rel. Brackets

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Z View Post
    on a car that has not been lowered just about any of the ones you can buy will work. if your car is lowered...not so well
    care to explain? my car is lowered, and i have a set of J&M brackets that have been sitting in my closet for a year waiting to be installed. tell me they will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Z View Post

BTW I have found most of the time the LCA reloactors are not installed correctly and off to one side
    do you have a tutorial on how to install properly? when i was trying to install mine i noticed that they were off to one side, didnt look right.
    Last edited by ls1dave; 09-14-2008 at 11:48 PM.
    2001 Granatelli Camaro: LS1, A4, full suspension, C5 y2k wheels, some stereo, and a few custom touches.

Status

good information everyone, thanks. how much are your brackets Twisted Z?

- Joel - 95 Z28 M6
    "It's an ingenious solution to a problem that should never have existed in the first place!"

LTX Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Spudnick View Post
    UMI is running 10% off on their stuff now until tomorrow (15th). I just ordered some bolt ins along with LCAs and an adjustable panhard bar. Was only $289 with free shipping.
    not bad.

-Eric
    1997 Camaro SS # 2703 - Full exhaust, brand new suspension, bolt-ons, etc.
    2004 Silverado
    Z71 - Airraid, Corvette Servo, 33" AT's, leveled, etc.

InActive Member

Status
    Chattanooga, TN, currently at Little Rock AFB

Quote Originally Posted by ls1dave View Post
    care to explain? my car is lowered, and i have a set of J&M brackets that have been sitting in my closet for a year waiting to be installed. tell me they will work.
    LCA relocation brackets are almost a necessity with lowered cars. The benefit of adding reloc. brackets on a lowered car is not quite as high as adding it to a stock height car is what he's saying.
    -Tim R.- 2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

Patriot 225/229 .580/.590 114+4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast