Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Parlo più di una lingua

Status

Default WS6 LT1 vs. 500 S mustang (2008 ?)

I decided to drive the car today for the first time in months. Drove about 1 mile and immediatley attracted the attention of a black mustang (2008 ?) 500 S. Never seen one of these cars, but the driver was ready to break me off sumpin, sumpin I cracked the exhaust real quick to let him no I was game, and then it got real good with all the mental posturing between a Ford and a Pontiac It was almost comical the way he was looking at me like it was going to be a bad day for the LT1; although, I was not entirely sure what was under the hood of this newer Mustang ?

Start rolling my passenger window down and he tells me to count to three and hit it. Note to self " this guy is very sure about his new PONY " So, 1,2,3 BANG ! The LT1 decides it's time to get down to business, by the top of first (6,100) I already had him at my rear bumper. Cracked 2nd and started to literally pull a train, smashed third and just got out of it. It was a straight murda ! I slow down and the guy pulls up next to me and gives me the look like "what just happened" and then proceeded to give me the thumbs up. He said it was only mildly modified (which I believe) with Magn-flo side exit exhaust, cold air shaker kit and headers. He thought the car was making around 350 flywheel (I would agree with those mods). I responded with " You have a nice looking car " and gave him a thumbs up.

Drove home and looked up the 500S and found out that with his mods he was probably making in the 310 rwhp and 330 rwtq range. So, it looks like it a decent little package, but the pricing is a little excessive for all the upgrades he had on the car ( JMO ). Hope you enjoyed the small and brief story

9.98 @ 146 ************ 12.61 @ 109 ******
    1996 WS6 - 6spd: #1073
    Bolt-ons ! (Stk heads & Stk cam) HID's, LED's

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Nice kill!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS

Nice Kill

The new muscle cars are just heavy biatches -mustangs weigh closest to us at 3540!! The new Challenger's 4140LBS(94-96 Impala's 4200LBS) Our cars still made more power to weight ratio in 97 than these crazy expensive "just for looks" 08-09 car's it. In 93-97 T/A's weighed 3440 ,doesn't help we have had atleast 11yrs of modifying to make em ...puuuurfect !
    Last edited by Transamman25; 03-01-2009 at 07:23 AM.

SPRAYED LT1!

Status

sweet kill!

on a side note.. anyone run a 427R mustang yet? theres one running around here that thinks he's the sheit. he'll be the first stang i go looking for when mine is up and running..

heres a link to it..

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/artic...le_00738.shtml
    Last edited by grn95t/a; 03-01-2009 at 09:15 AM.

Chris Close

THE Camaro Girl!

Status

good kill!!!!!
    97 SexXxi Dark Shadow Grey Camaro LT1/M6
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ro/28chd05.jpg
    http://advancedinduction.com/ Bow Tie For Life!!
    Stephanie| '03 DSG Cobra|'96 White Cobra

Parlo più di una lingua

Status

Definitely a fun time ! I personally would like to run into a full bolt-on (every mod) new mustang (less supercharger) just to see how well they run with all the mods.

Needs Driver Mod

Status

Anybody know anything about the new roush stage 3 supercharged stangs. There is one parked at school on mondays an old dude drives. Its is a kickass stang, blacked out and lowered.
    1997 Trans am- M6- Ebay Longtubes, Summit X pipe with Magnaflows, CAI, Adj LCAs with relocation brackets, Comp engineering shocks, Competition stage 2 clutch.

Parlo più di una lingua

Status

I thought I read somewhere the Roush Stage 3 made 435 hp with the s-charger ?

nice kill
    93 engine, 94 intake, 3.42 gears soon,TB 52mm, 1.6 RRT, ram air, LCA, panhard bar, S10 high stall, transgo shift kit, BBK shortys, no cat, 160 temp, rear bilstein stocks, rear ls1 springs, ture duals with magnaflows,BFT transmission cooler, 99 ls1 driveshaft,subfame connectors, soon a tune and Chevron with techron and i am stock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast