Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Navy Check-In

Quote Originally Posted by remaxracer45 View Post
    retired NCCS was a BTC and served on the Constellation, Saratoga and the McCormick wish I was back in San Dog so I could drive my Z year around!
    Retired Machinist Mate Chief here. I also was on Sorry Sara for a short time 73-74. I worked in 4MMR as a fireman.
    '97 Hendrick Motorsports Camaro SS
    '98 3.8 M5 Y87 Camaro DD
    '02 lowered 5.3 GMC Sierra

Green Machine

Status

Quote Originally Posted by fuels94 View Post
    So are you planning to go back as an ET? Since you been out for a while you know there starting to seen personnel up for new orders on IA tours oversea before reporting to there next duty station.
    Yes, I have heard of the IA duty. Not sure if I'll be affected or not. I'm not sure what it would involve either. Not planning on going back as an ET either. Was thinking more like IT, IS, or EW... IT preferably.

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting back on track. I have a very different outloook on things and attitude in general. getting married, buying a house, having two regular jobs to pay the bills, and 3 years time away to grow up a bit has dont alot.
    ----==[ Erik ]==---

1996 SS - R.I.P.

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hyperzone View Post
    Yes, I have heard of the IA duty. Not sure if I'll be affected or not. I'm not sure what it would involve either. Not planning on going back as an ET either. Was thinking more like IT, IS, or EW... IT preferably.

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting back on track. I have a very different outloook on things and attitude in general. getting married, buying a house, having two regular jobs to pay the bills, and 3 years time away to grow up a bit has dont alot.
    IT is not bad at all since this is the new navy where everything runs off of computers. It's also a good deal when you do get out with that NEC along with a clearance you'll find a decent job outside. But remember, since your going into a rate that is heavy manned promotions are low.

As for IA tours there grabbing everyone no matter what rate your are somehow the navy detailers are having us manned up with US Army jobs. One of my buddies just got orders to go IA and she's not to happy since she work's on Aviation GSE gear. Instead of working with ground support equipment now she's carrying a gun, guarding a convoy
    1994 TA/GT LT1 355/NX 7.6 94mph 1/8 11.9 116mph 1/4

Green Machine

Status

I've read alot about the IA duty. There are like 10 rates that are selected from most often. IT is one of the 10. OS, MA, GM, FC, were some more. I dont remember all of them. Your saying IT is over manned? When I was in as an ET it was overmanned as well... .took me 3 years to move from E4 to E5, haha.. As for the getting out and slipping right into a job with ease... well,... there's lots of people in that situation so, its not exactly a piece of cake. Some careful planning on where I spend my final 4-5 years in and who I work with will play a big part there. Oh well,... just rambling here...
    ----==[ Erik ]==---

1996 SS - R.I.P.

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hyperzone View Post
    I've read alot about the IA duty. There are like 10 rates that are selected from most often. IT is one of the 10. OS, MA, GM, FC, were some more. I dont remember all of them. Your saying IT is over manned? When I was in as an ET it was overmanned as well... .took me 3 years to move from E4 to E5, haha.. As for the getting out and slipping right into a job with ease... well,... there's lots of people in that situation so, its not exactly a piece of cake. Some careful planning on where I spend my final 4-5 years in and who I work with will play a big part there. Oh well,... just rambling here...
    Well good luck to you on which rate you do decide.
    1994 TA/GT LT1 355/NX 7.6 94mph 1/8 11.9 116mph 1/4

VIP Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by aSSn8r View Post
    Any other Seabees in here besides me?
    Sure is! Im CM3 Orosco out of NMCB 133 in GP.

LTX Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS

Thanks for serving.

-Eric
    1997 Camaro SS # 2703 - Full exhaust, brand new suspension, bolt-ons, etc.
    2004 Silverado
    Z71 - Airraid, Corvette Servo, 33" AT's, leveled, etc.

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KissMyWhtSS View Post
    Thanks for serving.
    yeh thank you
    1994 T\A, BBK shorties,CAI, cutout, full exhaust,MSD wires, 160* t-stat, 3.73s, cc503-1.6rr's-lunati lifters-stock pushrods FTW

InActive Member

Status

another seabee here nmcb23 from n.c

InActive Member

Status

Well I have been in for 6 years now and I was a HT (Hull Technician) but just cross rated to NC (Navy Counselor) I was stationed at ACU-5 the hover craft complex at Camp Pendleton, CA for three years then I transfered to NRD San Francisco where i have been for the last 2 years now! I am an E-5 and will be an E-6 here at the end of the year!

Burple Paint Job, Mid Length Pacesetters, High Flow Cat, Auburn High Torque Posi with 3.42 gears, Rebuilt 4l60E with shift kit, My Tune, Moroso CAI, Aluminum Driveshaft, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, Panhard Bar, 1.8" drop, NGK TR55's.**13.5 @ 104 MPH 2.0 60ft**

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast