Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Nathan
    Vehicle
    1996 Trans Am

Default Site is very broken, can't reset password to old account

I've been a long time member of LTXtech, but can't seem to get access to my old account. I'm not receiving password resets for the account with the email I'm pretty sure I have registered with. Account was created back in 2012, and is a VIP member.

Additionally, this site doesn't seem to support SSL, which is pretty much a must have in 2023. Not that anything on this site really needs to be that secure, but not having SSL support (even LetsEncrypt) has me a bit concerned. I attempted to email the webmaster as well using the built in tool, but never received a reply (possible it went to junk, but I did check it for several days after sending the message).

Day job is a sys admin for a medium sized tech company. If I can gain access to my old account, I'm happy to donate either financially or with labor to update the site to the 21st century. Recently bought an LT5, and hoping to get back into the LTX community.

@meissen? Popo hasn't been on in awhile from what I see from his profile. Hope he's doing okay. I can provide my old username over PM once I know who's the best person to contact.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

@meissen

This is one for you. Above my pay grade.

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Nathan
    Vehicle
    1996 Trans Am

No love from @meissen either

JK, I see he hasn't been online in a few weeks.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

He has been here recently (via private message) in response to some issues we were having with spammers.

Problem is, hardly anyone posts here any more. Seems like the shootout is a non-event. Havent seen Larry post for about a year. I try to drop in every day, and volunteered to be a moderator since no one was deleting the spam posts. Common problem with sites of this type.

I'm the Administrator on CamaroZ28.com, and the only people that post are newbies who have picked up a clapped out 4th Gen, usually an LT1, and want to know why they wont start and run correctly. Again, I check in there every day, but even with over 100,000 registered members it can go a day or two with zero posts. Again, only the Admin because the real Administrator had only signed in to the site once in 5 years.

Not much hope for the future.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

sadly fb has taken over and taken everyone away from the forums. it sucks. i try to refer the fb ones to here but they do not know how to read or google.

ill shoot meissen a message on fb
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTX Master

Status

There are still some LT1 hotrodders out there. Got a handful of active posters here. Here's to hope that his forum will stay alive and not fade away.
    It would be a shame. Oh, I don't do facebook period.
    Nolan
    '97 SS SLP,T56, Spec stage 2+ clutch,385 stroker,AFR210,XFI292,Moser 12 bolt eaton posi 4.10's. NO traction til top of 3rd gear.
    '57 Chevy 3100 p/u LT1/T56
    Wife's '94 Z28 has been sold.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JOATMON For This Post:

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    He has been here recently (via private message) in response to some issues we were having with spammers.

Problem is, hardly anyone posts here any more. Seems like the “shootout” is a non-event. Haven’t seen Larry post for about a year. I try to drop in every day, and volunteered to be a moderator since no one was deleting the spam posts. Common problem with sites of this type.

I'm the Administrator on CamaroZ28.com, and the only people that post are newbies who have picked up a clapped out 4th Gen, usually an LT1, and want to know why they won’t start and run correctly. Again, I check in there every day, but even with over 100,000 registered members it can go a day or two with zero posts. Again, only the Admin because the “real” Administrator had only signed in to the site once in 5 years.

I was deleting the ones you were flagging. But I don't have access to the level needed for this post.
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Z28pr0jekt For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Z28pr0jekt View Post
    I was deleting the ones you were flagging. But I don't have access to the level needed for this post.
    OK. He told me how to ban the members, and when I tried to do it I saw it had already been done.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Nathan
    Vehicle
    1996 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post

Problem is, hardly anyone posts here any more. Seems like the shootout is a non-event. Havent seen Larry post for about a year. I try to drop in every day, and volunteered to be a moderator since no one was deleting the spam posts. Common problem with sites of this type.

I'm the Administrator on CamaroZ28.com, and the only people that post are newbies who have picked up a clapped out 4th Gen, usually an LT1, and want to know why they wont start and run correctly. Again, I check in there every day, but even with over 100,000 registered members it can go a day or two with zero posts. Again, only the Admin because the real Administrator had only signed in to the site once in 5 years.

A little sad, I use to spend hours on this forum reading back in the day when the LTx community was a little more active. I haven't been on Camaroz28 in a very long time, and occasionally will read things on lt1ls1. Is there any sites that still have a healthy LTx community? Us Gen2 sbc owners are a dying breed.

My offers still stand, this site got me into the LTx engine and is a lot of the reasons I still own my TA. Spammers can be deterred by CAPTCHA, which i believe vBulliten supports. Sadly I'm not a webmaster, but am very familiar with hiring contractors for specialty systems at work (cheaper/easier/faster than having someone internally become a SEM on the product). Still, there is a bunch of knowledge on this site that may be beneficial to LTx owners down the road and I'd hate to see it all be lost to time.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 96transam For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Nathan
    Vehicle
    1996 Trans Am

@SSlowBoat, any word from him on FB? His profile shows offline since the 14th

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast