Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beyond confused

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Sudden inrush of air, no additional fuel can cause that. Faulty MAF might not be picking up added air flow. Or low fuel pressure may not be supplying the fuel. Check the fuel pressure.

If you can generate a Scan9495 log of the engine running, I'll take a look at it. I've stopped doing that on CamaroZ28.com because the people refuse to do additional diagnostics to verify my suggestions on the problem. I got tired of wasting my time. But I'll make an exception here. But of course you need to solve the cable problem.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Jalil Smith
    Vehicle
    94 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    Sudden inrush of air, no additional fuel can cause that. Faulty MAF might not be picking up added air flow. Or low fuel pressure may not be supplying the fuel. Check the fuel pressure.

If you can generate a Scan9495 log of the engine running, I'll take a look at it. I've stopped doing that on CamaroZ28.com because the people refuse to do additional diagnostics to verify my suggestions on the problem. I got tired of wasting my time. But I'll make an exception here. But of course you need to solve the cable problem.
    Verified fuel pressure, replaced MAF used my buddies car to confirm it was working properly. I replaced the pigtail for the MAF as well, the original was tattered and exposed. Forgot to add it is running rich. I ordered a cable when I realized mine was done but it may not be here until Tuesday. I'll try to get the file to you as soon as I can. I'm going to check all my grounds again to make sure nothing has poor contact or is out of place. Thank you for your time and help hopefully some sense can be made of this soon.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

I know you said sensors are new but when I had my cc306, the log was reading like the TPS sensor was working but the car would stall when coming to a stop unless I gave it enough throttle to keep it on. When I pulled the TPS, is was completely stuck.
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Z28pr0jekt For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Jalil Smith
    Vehicle
    94 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Z28pr0jekt View Post
    I know you said sensors are new but when I had my cc306, the log was reading like the TPS sensor was working but the car would stall when coming to a stop unless I gave it enough throttle to keep it on. When I pulled the TPS, is was completely stuck.
    I'll pull it off and verify that it's operating freely

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Jalil Smith
    Vehicle
    94 Z28 Camaro

TPS position was way off, got it corrected now it actually idles practically normal (800-1000) got all my grounds confirmed. Still rich and still dies with any throttle.

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_Jay View Post
    TPS position was way off, got it corrected now it actually idles practically normal (800-1000) got all my grounds confirmed. Still rich and still dies with any throttle.

Damn, well at least it was an unknown problem solved. I've been out of the LTx game for a while so I don't think I'm much further help aside from the usual, confirmed fuel pressure?

Oh shoot and I'm sorry it was my IAC sensor that was stuck not TPS because it was stuck, it was dumping fuel at idle levels.
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Z28pr0jekt For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Jalil Smith
    Vehicle
    94 Z28 Camaro

Damn, well at least it was an unknown problem solved. I've been out of the LTx game for a while so I don't think I'm much further help aside from the usual, confirmed fuel pressure?

Oh shoot and I'm sorry it was my IAC sensor that was stuck not TPS because it was stuck, it was dumping fuel at idle levels.
    It's all good, I really do appreciate all the help I've been receiving. Fuel pressure has been confirmed, IAC is working properly also. I'm just ready for a victory lap hopefully I can get this sorted out soon.

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Jalil Smith
    Vehicle
    94 Z28 Camaro

Check engine light is gone, throttle response has returned. MAF wasn't getting power from the new pigtail replaced that and instant satisfaction. Thank you for the responses and helpful suggestions and troubleshooting

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_Jay View Post
    Check engine light is gone, throttle response has returned. MAF wasn't getting power from the new pigtail replaced that and instant satisfaction. Thank you for the responses and helpful suggestions and troubleshooting

Wonderful! Glad you figured it out. I didn't have experience with MAFs haha mine was speed density.
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Z28pr0jekt For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Jalil Smith
    Vehicle
    94 Z28 Camaro

Wonderful! Glad you figured it out. I didn't have experience with MAFs haha mine was speed density.
    It was definitely a headache lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12