Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384 LastLast
    LTX Master

Status

Not sure how Fred configured the Strange 12 bolt but my Moser 12 bolt has the big Ford station wagon bearings/housing ends. They are sealed bearings with an o-ring in the outer perimeter. In other words, no axle seals. There may be an inner seal up in the tube that acts as a deflector. My Moser had the inners but they were chewed up because Moser cut the seal surface on the axle in the wrong place. When I replaced the axles(had a bent one)they machined the new axles off the same spec sheet(wrong again). When i contacted them they said I didn't even need the inner defector seal. Just thought I'd throw this out there because if you have a leak, you may have a bad axle bearing.
    Nolan
    '97 SS SLP,T56, Spec stage 2+ clutch,385 stroker,AFR210,XFI292,Moser 12 bolt eaton posi 4.10's. NO traction til top of 3rd gear.
    '57 Chevy 3100 p/u LT1/T56
    Wife's '94 Z28 has been sold.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JOATMON For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOATMON View Post
    Not sure how Fred configured the Strange 12 bolt but my Moser 12 bolt has the big Ford station wagon bearings/housing ends. They are sealed bearings with an o-ring in the outer perimeter. In other words, no axle seals. There may be an inner seal up in the tube that acts as a deflector. My Moser had the inners but they were chewed up because Moser cut the seal surface on the axle in the wrong place. When I replaced the axles(had a bent one)they machined the new axles off the same spec sheet(wrong again). When i contacted them they said I didn't even need the inner defector seal. Just thought I'd throw this out there because if you have a leak, you may have a bad axle bearing.
    Nolan
    strange shows a seal and a open ball bearing end on their site. its leaking gear oil out the end so wont know until i pull it apart

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

@Injuneer heres a new vid, watch all the way for revs with the exhaust on @JOATMON

https://youtube.com/shorts/QQ3f353tX...FfNJCXvsV0UO7n

had a faulty cam sensor that was brand new from efi connection. that's why it was starting funny. swapped it with an old one from the og kit harner sold us. car fired right off better. this is the first vid/log in full speed density, i had parsed my ve tables over from my obd1 file, and created some resemblance of a timing table. 0411 pcm uses cylinder air mass not map for spark so its a learning curve. i had a bit too much fuel in it.

tomorrow i want to get the torque arm back on, change oil, put it on the ground, and get it outside. thats the plan atleast. with the single plane it has a little less idle vacuum, idling around 76-78kpa, gonna go over everything one more time too

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTX Master

Status

Sounds great, it almost seems like you can hear when the exhaust system starts really scavenging the flow.
    I'm asking questions out of curiosity...
    Idle vacuum sounds really high for a big cammed engine?
    If it's set up speed density, why do you need a MAF sensor on it?
    Is the MAF screen possibly starving the flow causing the high vacuum?
    Is the idle timing really high?
    '97 SS SLP,T56, Spec stage 2+ clutch,385 stroker,AFR210,XFI292,Moser 12 bolt eaton posi 4.10's. NO traction til top of 3rd gear.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JOATMON For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOATMON View Post
    Sounds great, it almost seems like you can hear when the exhaust system starts really scavenging the flow.
    I'm asking questions out of curiosity...
    Idle vacuum sounds really high for a big cammed engine?
    If it's set up speed density, why do you need a MAF sensor on it?
    Is the MAF screen possibly starving the flow causing the high vacuum?
    Is the idle timing really high?
    its all a base tune right now, so the timing/fueling is no where near where it needs to be, even before obd1 it idled around 73-75kpa with the LT4 intake. its a large cam with alotta overlap, its not gonna pull a ton of vacuum regardless. 7" of vacuum is not high, thats very low. Power brake booster needs to see around 14" of vacuum to work correctly.

the maf sensor is a 5 wire with integrated iat as thats what the harness was set up for. the maf is a glorified iat sensor/filter screen right now as yes it is in speed density, so the maf is disabled. eventually ill make up a nice oval air intake with new filter and locate the iat by itself in the air intake. if the screen was a restriction vacuum would be higher in my opinion. the only restriction persay in the system is the stock throttle body, but judging by the amount of air its moving at idle, its not a restriction yet.

2021 Charger Scat 392

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTX Master

Status

Oh yeah, I forgot that you have to work backwards from 100 kpa atm pressure. Gotta remember, I'm an old caveman with a vacuum gauge. LOL
    Now I understand why you still have the MAF in place.(IAT)
    Your Bird sounds alot like my Camaro did when I had the Magnaflow system on it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JOATMON For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

(Guess I was typing this while you were typing above)

He's posting MAP. Vacuum = MAP - BAR

Assuming 30 "Hg barometer..... 78 - 101.6 = -23.6 kPa = 7.0 "Hg

Using cylinder air mass for timing is very close to simply using MAP. Mass depends on absolute pressure and absolute temperature (and maybe VE if they throw that in). But after you add 460-deg to the temp reading to make it absolute (Rankine), you can see that a few degrees change in air temp doesn't change the mass very much. But it appears to be a tweak to improve the accuracy over simply using MAP.
    Last edited by Injuneer; 03-25-2024 at 10:54 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    (Guess I was typing this while you were typing above)

He's posting MAP. Vacuum = MAP - BAR

Assuming 30 "Hg barometer..... 78 - 101.6 = -23.6 kPa = 7.0 "Hg

Using cylinder air mass for timing is very close to simply using MAP. Mass depends on absolute pressure and absolute temperature (and maybe VE if they throw that in). But after you add 460-deg to the temp reading to make it absolute (Rankine), you can see that a few degrees change in air temp doesn't change the mass very much. But it appears to be a tweak to improve the accuracy over simply using MAP.
    the difference tuning wise is in the 0411 tables its not a straight copy and paste, if you saw a log your map vs rpm and your cyl air mass vs rpm are at 2 very different spots on the tables at same rpm/map value. the 0411 seems to rely more on the calculation over everything else. brb just spiked fp back to 58psi and flashing it now

2021 Charger Scat 392

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

https://youtu.be/3TKL2HKbeu0?si=ME8Hp_mGUTBvV0dq

been plugging away at it. got the tune stable enough to drive some. still has a random surge/dying issue when put into gear and sometimes when coming to a stop. working on getting that figured out. also the new in august 2023 maybe 250 miles summit ewp is leaking out of the weep-hole, wtf!!!

happy easter guys! @Injuneer @JOATMON

2021 Charger Scat 392

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTX Master

Status

Hope ya'll had a nice Easter. Shaun, the engine sounds especially crisp, your tune must be close to spot-on.
    About the pump, at least there is no opti for it to leak on. Come to think about it, I replaced a leaky Meziere with a Summit pump and it leaked a bit out of the weep hole. I thought I was gonna have to replace it but it quit leaking when the seal broke in.
    Last edited by JOATMON; 04-01-2024 at 09:44 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JOATMON For This Post:

Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384 LastLast