Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Default Disposing of Old Fuel

Any idea where I could (legally) dispose of ~15 gallons of old, highly leaded racing fuel (VP Fuels C16)? Its in a 52-gallon drum. And I dont have a truck. I do have enough 5-gallon gasoline containers to unload it from the drum.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Brandon++S
    Vehicle
    1997 camaro z28

You could try a Google search on hazard waste disposal in your area. Another option would be to reach out to a local fire dept. and ask them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Local hazardous waste disposal accepts small quantities. Would require delivering in less than 5-gallon lots, and they keep the containers. I'm also wondering if a local service station/shop might recycle it with their used motor oil. Then I have to get rid of the drum, but a scrap yard should accept it as long as it is free of liquid fuel and vapor.

I'm looking for something “outside the box” that I have overlooked. This thing has been stored outside, away from the house for years, and my wife getting tired of looking at it. But, then she says the same thing about my Formula….. LOL. The drum is still vapor tight, because you can hear the top “pop” when the pressure increases in the heat, and cools in cold weather.

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

I have no useful assistance on this, simply.... very entertaining bonfires?
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1996 camaro Police interceptor

Have you thought about running it in your yard equipment

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Unfortunately, snow blower and power washer is all I have. Would take many years.

Maybe the bonfire idea from above…. do I accompany it with Talking Heads “Burning Down the House”, or maybe The Trammps “Disco Inferno”? Hard choice…. LOL

Thanks for the responses. Be nice if I could get someone to pick it up and dispose of it legally.

I forget where you are in NJ, but the HHW facility on Shafto in Tinton Falls will take 20 gal of fluids per visit. I would just buy a home depot bucket, dump gas in it, seal it and take it.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    Unfortunately, snow blower and power washer is all I have. Would take many years.

Maybe the bonfire idea from above…. do I accompany it with Talking Heads “Burning Down the House”, or maybe The Trammps “Disco Inferno”? Hard choice…. LOL

Thanks for the responses. Be nice if I could get someone to pick it up and dispose of it legally.
    Burning down the house for sure haha. Wish I could help more, never had to deal with that.
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List